Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Cruise ship internet and cell phone

Cruise ship internet and cell phone

I need to keep in contact with my office while on vacation. Also, KSR access is a must as well! What are the best options? We’ll be on a Holland America ship for 12 days.

From what I’ve been able to find, it’s pricey and the number of options aren’t great. ATT has cruise ship talk/text options that are expensive, but may be the best option to ensure I have text/talk accessibility.

Internet/data goes through the roof seemingly in price. The price per minute or package options from HA seem expensive as well.

Any experts on this that can provide some insight and suggestions?

Re: Cruise ship internet and cell phone

I need to keep in contact with my office while on vacation

The employer will not appreciate you any more for doing that. Screw the rest of the world and enjoy your time OFF the clock.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I need to keep in contact with my office while on vacation

The employer will not appreciate you any more for doing that. Screw the rest of the world and enjoy your time OFF the clock.
    Thanks, Dan. I appreciate the sentiment. Internet and cell availability go well beyond the office needs. The vast majority of my usage of these will be personal and keeping in contact with my family. I hope some have experience with this so I can glean some good informaton.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Cruise ship internet and cell phone

This may sound dumb...I've never cruised.

Wouldn't you have data on your phone when you stop? Or are you saying you need it while traveling on the water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    This may sound dumb...I've never cruised.

Wouldn't you have data on your phone when you stop? Or are you saying you need it while traveling on the water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Yes, while traveling on water. There are two days plus each evening/night that you’re at sea and cellular isn’t available unless you go through the ships system which is roaming as I understand it.