Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Liberal approach...ban it, boycott it or call it racist

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    The conservative approach is often, lie about it, cover it up, or blame it on a Democrat.

Please! That is a POLITICIANS approach. Lie about it and cover it up isn't exclusive to conservative. The biggest hero on the left made his bones on lying and covering. Plus Bill Clinton is probably the biggest sex addict to ever sit in the oval office. Trump might have "grabbed them by the p#####" but Slick Willy was shoving a cigar up there. And how many women accused him of sexual assault? And maybe someday we will get the whole story on Vince Foster and Whitewater. So please spare me the lie and cover is exclusive to the right. Both sides **** stinks, and if you don't think so you are a fool (which I dont think you are).

As for blaming the other party, after 8 years of blaming Bush for the ecomony (and now claiming the recovery is due to Liberal policies finally having an effect), I find that funny. No doubt that Conservatives do it but they don't have a patent on it.

No one is going to convince me that republicans are sugar and spice and Democrats snakes and snails. And that is the argument here make no doubt. You folks know better.

One can’t even make a joke by poking fun unless they totally agree with the entrenched conservative views here. While reserving the right to demonize me, my father, and his father before him. And likely the majority of Americans.

It is foolishness imo. This barber shop could never stay in business if it served the public. Because it doesn’t.

And that is just a joke and requires no overboard defense of its potential for cutting heads

All Dems are lumped into the liberal pool here
    And all ultra conservatives lumped into the moderate Republican pool.
    As for Doc, I know we are not much different in our social political views. And I hope you know I was joking about the label I placed on Republicans.
    But to make such a light hearted poke is like walking on pins and needles around here. It shouldn’t be like that.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-30-2018 at 10:21 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I wasn’t able to finish my thought as I’m working right now. In a nutshell My ultimate point is that the above is just a reflection of political discourse across America now. And it’s promoted by both sides in the media to establish a dedicated following.

But it is destroying this country for both.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

The "news" discourse is actually comical to me. I have both CNN and Fox News saved as a bookmark on my phone and laptop. I look at both equally the same. I imagine I am in the very minority on that.
    And I don't do it to be "more informed". I frankly just find it funny how obvious the bias is.

Take this very second for example:

The Headline on CNN.com is about John McCain's eulogy. In fact, the first 5 stories on there are about McCain.
    The Headline on Foxnews.com is "Colorful Texas Lawmaker takes on FBI over China-Hillary hack claim".

Depending on your politics...you will love or hate that. For comparison, John McCain's service (or anything about him) is 18 clicks down on Fox News. The China-Hillary story (or non-story depending on your view) is even further down on CNN.

I remember the bombshell day a couple of weeks ago. The day Cohen and Manafort happened within 5 min. That was of course the headline on CNN (and basically everywhere else including Fox News TV).
    I clicked over on Foxnews.com just to compare. It was several articles down. And the headline at that moment was about the girl being killed by an illegal immigrant.

Again, depending on your politics, you will love or hate that.

Personally, I watch and read both equally like I said. And I find Fox News to be more blatantly biased. And CNN to be more subtly so.

John McCain's memorial is a big story. That is not blatantly biased. A story about Clinton's email is. But again, that's just right at this very moment. And subtly, the McCain story has bias in it because he was such an Anti-Trumper of course.

To me, its all frankly sad. Political discourse is now gone. The staunchest of both sides have gone to their corners and there will no longer be middle ground (except for those in the middle who will most certainly decide the next election).

Trump has very smartly fanned that flame.
    ~Puma~

Good post. I agree with that

MSNBC and Fox are equally spaced on either side of the political equator, especially when it comes to televised opinion. CNN is more centrist, to slightly left of center, at least to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    The "news" discourse is actually comical to me. I have both CNN and Fox News saved as a bookmark on my phone and laptop. I look at both equally the same. I imagine I am in the very minority on that.
    And I don't do it to be "more informed". I frankly just find it funny how obvious the bias is.

Take this very second for example:

The Headline on CNN.com is about John McCain's eulogy. In fact, the first 5 stories on there are about McCain.
    The Headline on Foxnews.com is "Colorful Texas Lawmaker takes on FBI over China-Hillary hack claim".

Depending on your politics...you will love or hate that. For comparison, John McCain's service (or anything about him) is 18 clicks down on Fox News. The China-Hillary story (or non-story depending on your view) is even further down on CNN.

I remember the bombshell day a couple of weeks ago. The day Cohen and Manafort happened within 5 min. That was of course the headline on CNN (and basically everywhere else including Fox News TV).
    I clicked over on Foxnews.com just to compare. It was several articles down. And the headline at that moment was about the girl being killed by an illegal immigrant.

Again, depending on your politics, you will love or hate that.

Personally, I watch and read both equally like I said. And I find Fox News to be more blatantly biased. And CNN to be more subtly so.

John McCain's memorial is a big story. That is not blatantly biased. A story about Clinton's email is. But again, that's just right at this very moment. And subtly, the McCain story has bias in it because he was such an Anti-Trumper of course.

To me, its all frankly sad. Political discourse is now gone. The staunchest of both sides have gone to their corners and there will no longer be middle ground (except for those in the middle who will most certainly decide the next election).

Trump has very smartly fanned that flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    MSNBC and Fox are equally spaced on either side of the political equator, especially when it comes to televised opinion. CNN is more centrist, to slightly left of center, at least to me.
    I agree with that. I've watched them for some time and they were very hard on Clinton during his years.

My honest opinion is that because they are not outwardly pro-Trump, he has worked really hard at casting them in the "fake news" corner with others. And it has worked. A few years ago, almost everyone I know (and my family is mostly conservative) viewed them as centrist. Now, however, they all hate CNN. That is the Trump magic at work. He's very savvy and smart when it comes to those things.

And frankly, I think CNN has taken the bait. I think they have moved farther left since he has been attacking them.
    ~Puma~

Just another example of the difference in news mediums. Excerpts of Bob Woodward's new book dropped today.

Its the headline on CNN. I couldn't find it anywhere on foxnews.com

But, its a pretty big deal.

Current Chief of Staff John Kelly said of Trump:

“He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here,”

FYI...Fox now has this story up with a White House denial.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 09-04-2018 at 03:18 PM.

It's a big deal in the sense it will get huge play, but actually much of the most salacious stuff was released by him many months ago, including that statement.

That's not to defend Fox. IMO Fox and CNN are roughly equivalent in their distance from center, and yes both are going to tell their side's story.

What's got the media so bent about Fox and Trump is that prior to them they could run around acting as if they were neutral and they were the center. They got to frame the entire discussion. Now they can't, now we have counter balancing sources like Fox and talk radio, and now we have a guy willing to call out the media for their obvious bias, and they are beside themselves.

The Times and CNN etc. have always been left leaning. Anyone who is a conservative and follows the issues can see it in a second, the way they picked their stories and facts. The difference now is there is Fox and other outlets doing the same thing but in the other direction, and they are acting as if they still have the corner on truth and integrity and anyone who does the same thing but for the other side is somehow the biased party. That's hilarious.

Personally I love that Trump calls them out till their heads explode, b/c they need to be called out. Now his personal insults are childish and stupid, but his actions resonate b/c so many of us are so sick of being preached to by a media that is 90% liberal and acts like it is the norm and only acceptable way to be in this country. It's better than the GOP establishment that has rolled over to it for decades and shown these organizations their soft underbelly in hopes they just wouldn't get beaten quite as bad next time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

To me, the fascinating part will be what Trump says about it. The White House came out pretty hard. But they didn't attack him personally yet. They more attacked the lot of people who aren't in the White House anymore as sources.

However, in that phone transcript Trump sure seems to butter up to him and he calls him "fair". I'm just curious to see what he does with it now. Woodward has mostly been a friend of conservatives so it will be interesting to see if that changes as well.
    ~Puma~