Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Gas station close to me... This is a skimmer

https://youtu.be/NleDVUyNCHY

I routinely check when I pay for gas at the pump by grabbing the swiping mechanism and tugging on it to make sure it doesn't come off. But I did not realize they were doing it inside stores now, too. I don't buy gas at this store, but I have stopped at it many times in the past. It's across the street from my office and about 3 miles from my house at most. It's right next to the Walmart, too.

Re: Gas station close to me... This is a skimmer

Fab Five

I refuse to patronize this brand. I have had too many bad experiences at their stores. I do not trust them.
    Real Fan since 1958

It wouldn’t be that hard for the thief to lay the skimmer over the card reader as a clerk turns for something, like tobacco products that are routinely placed behind the clerk.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It wouldn’t be that hard for the thief to lay the skimmer over the card reader as a clerk turns for something, like tobacco products that are routinely placed behind the clerk.
    My guess is it is the manager or cashier. Too many strange things happen at Racetrak and Raceway.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    My guess is it is the manager or cashier. Too many strange things happen at Racetrak and Raceway.
    It very well could be. We avoid pay at the pump because of skimmers, opting to pay inside when we get gas instead. Gonna have to either start paying with cash or tugging on the card readers looking for skimmers before using the card.

Last weekend my wife’s debit card was attempted to be used for a “suspicious” Walgreens purchase in Louisville for $300+. The card was declined, because the purchase was red flagged and card services quickly alerted us, so we deactivated the card immediately. We have no idea where they acquired the card number from.

I had no idea.

And

Fab Five

There is nothing here that surprises me. I stopped using debit cards at gas stations about 5 years ago as I suspected my number was skimmed at one of these stations (not the one here). On another occasion the pump malfunctioned at about the $0.02 mark and wouldn’t produce a receipt. The manager refused to give me a receipt. The guy went berserk. I couldn’t understand half of what he said. Because I told him I wouldn’t leave without one, he called police. The officer arrived and talked to manager and then came to my car. He made a report and noted what information was on the pump while I protested any claim with credit card security on the phone. The officer did not seem surprised at anything that occurred.
    Real Fan since 1958

I had absolutely no idea it had that kind of reputation.

I always use the same credit card and only at Kroger unless I'm out of town somewhere. Then I'm extra careful.

Heading back up I75 from Florida a couple of months ago we stopped at some station around Warner Robbins--wasn't a Raceway I don't think--but they had some sketchy looking card reader at the pump. So I go inside and tell the guy is like to fill up and pay inside. After some hesitation he agrees so I go pump my gas and notice the price is higher on the pump than on the sign. Well I know where this is headed. To inside to pay and complain but of course the price on the sign is the "cash" price. The sign said nothing about cash or credit. I don't think they've been allowed to bait and switch like that in KY for a few years now but I guess not in Georgia.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

This is the kind of thing I had heard before...

sounds like Raceway 280 has quite an operation going. Double billing, skimming cards, watering the gas. I presume you can get your meth there too, and probably anything else you want.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.