Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Max Godby on Offense

The old Offensive Lineman thinks we'll have the most balanced offense in years. Thinks our Oline is great and Benny and CJ are studs. Doesn't doubt both qbs will play early on

Re: Max Godby on Offense

Saw an article that we only had 10 TD passes last year. That's shockingly bad.

If we can get decent QB play and be a legit threat to throw, we can have a big year. But I'm very worried we won't be able to get that decent QB play.

That doesn't even touch how bad it was. We only had 1 td the last 7 games. Johnson being beat up and the upgrade of competition didn't help. We won't really know about our qbs till games start but I don't see how are passing offense can be any worse than those last 7 games. Hoak was 75% and Wilson 66% during 11 on 11 team offense in the spring

Hoak being here 3 year and not beating out a Juco that’s been here less than 6 months does not send off warm and fuzzies.
    Never forget that Johnson won the UT game with his heart, going to be hard to replace.
    Also Hoak was here last year with that terrible passing game.

You know it was a foregone conclusion that the staff just gave the job to Stephen. Hoak didn't have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    That doesn't even touch how bad it was. We only had 1 td the last 7 games. Johnson being beat up and the upgrade of competition didn't help. We won't really know about our qbs till games start but I don't see how are passing offense can be any worse than those last 7 games. Hoak was 75% and Wilson 66% during 11 on 11 team offense in the spring

When you look at some of the numbers (production in the passing game, defensive rankings, etc.), it's really amazing we won 7 last year. The question is, can we expect to do better because we will (hopefully) get more production out of the passing game, or will the questionable statistics stay about the same and we revert to a record more in line with those stats?

You know it was a foregone conclusion that the staff just gave the job to Stephen. Hoak didn't have a chance
    That’s hilarious

Is this bait or are you serious? Just curious.
    Go Cats!

I'm sure everyone here knows this, but Stephen Johnson ended up the 6th or 7th best quarterback in the SEC last year. Why risk a pass in the red zone if the running game is working?
    Don't panic

Hard to reconcile the above with your post in the Stoops Lack of Focus thread at 10 this morning regarding this very topic:

“I don't, they are much more qualified to make personnel decisions than any of us. I don't think any of them are going to intentionally going to throw any games.”

I know for some reason he has it out for Johnson and that just gets in my crawl!
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Bombino

Johnson bled on the field and willed UK to two straight seven win seasons. I am sure a TRUE UK FOOTBALL FAN would never try to denigrate Johnson's gutty contribution, of course a poser might.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    Hard to reconcile the above with your post in the Stoops Lack of Focus thread at 10 this morning regarding this very topic:

“I don't, they are much more qualified to make personnel decisions than any of us. I don't think any of them are going to intentionally going to throw any games.”
    He lives in the moment. If you don’t like his “facts”, stick around an hour or two and he’ll change them.
    Real Fan since 1958

It’s very obvious what quality Terry does not like in Stephen Johnson and now Wilson.

But hey, we give that trash a forum here.

Super Kitten

Freddie Maggard who I hold in high regard in all things UK football stated that “Stephen Johnson is his favorite all time UK player”. Said his sheer guts and will to win was unequaled. Sacrificed his body willing UK to wins.

We all know why Terry dislikes him. It pathetic. He will claim we don’t know football. While we may not be experts we are able to see what Johnson brought to the table. Our opinions are validated by Freddie who is very close to the program.

Terry’s agenda is getting old.

PS - Stoops claims that the Miss St game 2 years ago was a pivotal game as he felt his job was in jeopardy. His words not mine. While he was losing his mind arguing a call from a previous possession SJ was leading the team down field for the victory and saving his ass. In my opinion SJ is a better leader than Stoops. Will be interesting to see how this plays out with SJ gone.