Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Rupp's Runt

Restoring Cedar?

Someone gave me a playground. It is very big, old, but cedar and the wood is still in good shape. Tips for restoring the wood? It is pressure washing off very well, but I feel like it needs something as the color is a little flat. At least I think it is, it may not be.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Restoring Cedar?

I can post a picture after I get home if needed.

Restoring Cedar?

Clean, sand, and stain, maybe a sealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Clean, sand, and stain, maybe a sealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What kind of stain and sealer? I don't want any thing that will peel off. Whatever my parents use on their deck is almost like paint. I don't like it.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Depends on what you're going for in effect. Old school options include tung and boiled linseed oil. Great for a natural look that matches older styles, but the newer products are likely better wearing.

I did some research on this years ago when I put up my fence, but I left it natural. If I can find my link it was to a more absorption based product.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Reading around, I think I'll try the semi transparent version of what Dan posted. But if you can find that absorption based product, I think I would like to see that.

Tinted Thompson’s Water Seal would work well.