Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bahamas game 2 game thread

I'll take Kentucky +9.

Re: Bahamas game 2 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Herro is going to be amazing.....wow!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Im very surprised by his moxie and intensity

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

But #23 rated team is gonna give us trouble...

Who’s the guy sitting on Cal’s left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This group has a legit shot at being one of those fan favorite special teams that we all remember for years.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Who’s the guy sitting on Cal’s left.

All I know is that he is a VIP that paid a ton of money to be part of the coaching fantasy camp of Cal's that is taking place tomorrow.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Dan, this team has got some character and characters. They’ve even got a big Johnson. Travis is the Hulk. Quickley is his own name, or initials—EyeQue Quickley (IQ). Hagans gonna be the stopper, the Glove, maybe, PickPocket, but he’s gonna make mediocre point guards cry before mid-court. And there’s Boy Wonder. Washington and EJ and Too Tall Nick soon to join up..
    Last edited by bigsky; 08-10-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Numbers and feel wise, very similar to the 2015 team. That is, minus the smothering defensive pressure and sure fire high lottery picks.
    And that might even happen Idk.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

As a strong supporter of the "Defense First" squad, I am hoping that Hagans sees that he's a lottery pick if he returns for Year Two, and he joins Maxey and Whitney on the best defensive team in UK history.

As a strong supporter of the "Shooters" squad, let me just revel in watching Herro do his thing this year. Also, Keldon Johnson's follow-through on his jump shot is a thing of beauty-- perfect "goose neck" with a hard snap on the release, and the fingers extended to guide the ball into the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Dan, this team has got some character and characters. They’ve even got a big Johnson. Travis is the Hulk. Quickley is his own name. Hagans gonna be the stopper. And there’s Boy Wonder. Washington and EJ and Too Tall Nick soon to join up..
    Absolutely love this post, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    All I know is that he is a VIP that paid a ton of money to be part of the coaching fantasy camp of Cal's that is taking place tomorrow.
    I see him a lot around Cal, and the program. He was hanging with Cal last trip to the Bahamas, thought maybe he was family or something.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Well crap...these guys are gonna be good. This all the hashtags about all 40...they ain’t talking bout minutes they talking about winning EVERY DAMN GAME. herro isn’t just good fellas, he may be great. Keldon looks like pj and is a shooting guard. Pj and Travis are bulldozers. I’ve had that feeling since last year but I really have that feeling now. I’m sure there will be bumps in the road but these guys are really really good at roundball.
    Go Cats!

Heck i even left nick off...geez what depth.
    Go Cats!

40-......

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    40-......
    Don’t you dare Darrell!!!!!

I'll have to watch the next two games to form an opinion on how dominant we will likely be.

But what we will certainly be is very good for a full forty minutes a game by virtue of depth and having the correct pieces to fully utilize it.

That's not usually the case for a college team on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Very excited to hear the Charlie Daniels Band version of "The Night the Lights Went Out in Bahamas."
    You beat me to it, lol. I have that song on my computer, had to queue it up.

UK radio didn't miss much of a beat, got on a cell phone and they were ready to go.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

A lot of the guys went back to the gym and got up some more shots..tomorrow is their off day..

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    A lot of the guys went back to the gym and got up some more shots..tomorrow is their off day..
    They said on ksr this group seems more biz than the 2015 group but figured they would let their hair down after last night due to the off day but guess not lol
    Go Cats!

Fiddlin' Five

This group still needs to improve on their defense, but at this point I am not complaining.
    They played much better as a team last night, which is the goal of this trip.

Forgot to mention Kudos to Quade Green for putting in the work and not settling for what happened in game one defining his trip. He bounced back and played a really good game. I don't think Quade is at the level of Hagans or Quickley but hes VERY important to the Psyche of the team. We can't have any of the sophs feeling overshadowed or worried they might not make the NBA, they need to get lost in the team and everything will take care of itself.
    Go Cats!

Quade will be the calming influence. UK and Cal do much better when they have that calming influence and its best coming from the point. Green is every bit as talented as IQ and AH but his game is different. Yesterday look for all the smart passes. They were made by Quade. Short of the one Dan went off about where he led Travis with a bounce pass to the rim and Reid didn't run thru the pass so Dan blamed Quade for the TO on what should have been a spectacular play, Quade gets the ball to other in position to score. The rest of the team isn't doing that. He knows when to pass, when to dribble and when to shoot. He isnt flashy like Ashton but he is hard nose, gets in your face on defense and doesnt do stupid stuff. Its what you want in a point guard. I suspect the bigs prefer him with the ball over Ashton or Immaneul because of his passing

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    40-......
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Quade will be the calming influence. UK and Cal do much better when they have that calming influence and its best coming from the point. Green is every bit as talented as IQ and AH but his game is different. Yesterday look for all the smart passes. They were made by Quade. Short of the one Dan went off about where he led Travis with a bounce pass to the rim and Reid didn't run thru the pass so Dan blamed Quade for the TO on what should have been a spectacular play, Quade gets the ball to other in position to score. The rest of the team isn't doing that. He knows when to pass, when to dribble and when to shoot. He isnt flashy like Ashton but he is hard nose, gets in your face on defense and doesnt do stupid stuff. Its what you want in a point guard. I suspect the bigs prefer him with the ball over Ashton or Immaneul because of his passing
    Great point. Quade's pass to Herro -- before the lights went out -- was well-executed and very smart (as Dakich raved about on TV). He has a good sense of where the ball should be, and the hope is that his teammates will learn how/when to get themselves to those spots.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I see Quade as a very smart and capable college point guard. I think when he has the ball in his hands, he makes other guys better.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Forgot to mention Kudos to Quade Green for putting in the work and not settling for what happened in game one defining his trip. He bounced back and played a really good game. I don't think Quade is at the level of Hagans or Quickley but hes VERY important to the Psyche of the team. We can't have any of the sophs feeling overshadowed or worried they might not make the NBA, they need to get lost in the team and everything will take care of itself.
    Agree-if he can be comfortable
    in his role

I think (to this point) Quade has declared he is a starter this season. The other young point guards must battle it out to start alongside him. Maturity in the backcourt can’t be under rated since we have Cal’s history of leaning that way every season where possible. Whether it’s a three guard offense or a guy with more potential coming off the bench Cal realizes the value of experienced guards and rewards them.

And also, Quade is just a very good point guard. But everyone is going to get their chance

The biggest question is Herro or KJ

I wonder if we could get the rules changed to where teams could play 6 players just for this year? Herro and Johnson both deserve to play and we need them both on the floor.

There’s no herro or Johnson debate for me they are the two best scorers on the team Keldon will get 32 mpg and herro 30 and they will be fresh
    Go Cats!

Herro and Johnson will play a little lot and they don’t have the emotional freight the sophomore vs two frosh battle will carey in the back court