Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rupp's Runt

Re: Help! I may have asked this before--can I stream camcorder live to internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Spending a few minutes this morning at work trying to figure it out....Here is the propaganda from the site.

Plug ’n’ produce.
    Coupled with Cam Link, your camera appears as a webcam in all your favorite apps, including Game Capture, OBS, and Skype. Superb quality up to 1080p60 keeps your stream professional. Ultra-low-latency technology gets you up and running in no time on YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitch, or any other platform you choose. And your camera has never felt more powerful.
    OBS is what I use to record and stream at work. The Tricaster can do this for me, but I prefer OBS. You should try it out.

Tricaster is basically a TV studio in a box.

Re: Help! I may have asked this before--can I stream camcorder live to internet?

I am currently downloading OBS Studio version 21.1.2 now.

I left my Camcorder plug in my car, and left the instructions manual for the Cam Link at home. I may run home at lunch and get it, because otherwise, I'm just clueless.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I am currently downloading OBS Studio version 21.1.2 now.

I left my Camcorder plug in my car, and left the instructions manual for the Cam Link at home. I may run home at lunch and get it, because otherwise, I'm just clueless.
    It is a neat little program for free. You may not have a need for it, but I use it for every event here. It could in theory replace my Tricaster as well.

I struggled a little with it today, but I do have the camcorder up and running as a webcam, and I do have live streaming working on my Youtube.

My battery died on my Surface Pro, and for some reason, I don't have my extra power adapter here, so my experiment is over. I was struggling with the video coming in being not very good, but I suspect I have mismatched settings or something. According to all the specs, I should be fine. Also, my internet connection in the office is suspect; not as good as my hotspot on my phone.

Phone: download 69.1 Mbps, upload 25.7, latency 83ms
    office wi-fi: download 9.27 Mbps, upload 18.8, latency 10ms (checked again, and gave it the faster of the two).

I guess the upload is the one that matters, and it's closer than I thought. Or is it the download and the upload that matters if I'm streaming to youtube?
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-13-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Help! I may have asked this before--can I stream camcorder live to internet?

I'm still trying to figure out some of the definitions as well. At first, I thought Ultra low latency sounded great. But it seems that the viewers might have to tolerate more buffering.

There really won't be any interaction, but just a streaming of an event that I want them to see. I don't even care if it is in real time or not. Wouldn't bother me if there were a delay of however long before it begins streaming.

5 Seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, heck 5 minutes wouldn't be too much delay. I guess 5 minutes would be a long time, but seriously a little delay wouldn't matter as long as they could view it streaming smoothly.

Rupp's Runt

Help! I may have asked this before--can I stream camcorder live to internet?

Upload matters. I'll read the rest later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm going to play with it some more this weekend. I need to get it down "pat" before September, but I still have a couple of weeks before I go "live" with what I'm planning to do.