Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: This isn't good

This isn't good

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...rouble-706371/

The National Rifle Association warns that it is in grave financial jeopardy, according to a recent court filing obtained by Rolling Stone, and that it could soon “be unable to exist… or pursue its advocacy mission.” (Read the NRA’s legal complaint at the bottom of this story.)

The reason, according to the NRA filing, is not its deep entanglement with alleged Russian agents like Maria Butina. Instead, the gun group has been suing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state’s financial regulators since May, claiming the NRA has been subject to a state-led “blacklisting campaign” that has inflicted “tens of millions of dollars in damages.”

There's more in the article.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: This isn't good

What Cuomo and company are doing should be illegal.

Rupp's Runt

We, as a country, are headed in a direction that we do not want to go in because of azzholes like Cuomo.
    Cuomo and people like him are pushing a dangerous agenda, and I think it's one that they won't win. But let them keep pushing. When it happens, they shouldn't feign surprise at the results.

Two things to consider:

1) Rolling Stone so accuracy is a concern
    2) poss a fundraising ploy by the NRA. Can you think of a more efficient way to solicite contributions?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Rolling Stone has done some outstanding investigative political reporting in the past. They published the most comprehensive report on the Jefferson County, AL bankruptcy several years ago. It thoroughly investigated the Wall Street Brokers, the political bagmen with the payoffs, and the Commissioners who accepted bribes and gifts. I find them in certain areas to be competent.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rolling Stone has long had an anti 2nd amendment stance. That is no secret.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Maybe the financial problems are with the New York operations office of the NRA.
    Seems like I remember seeing something in the news not long ago that NRA memberships recently have exploded. I might be wrong about that, but I believe that's what I saw.
    I think, overall, the NRA is probably in good financial shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Maybe the financial problems are with the New York operations office of the NRA.
    Seems like I remember seeing something in the news not long ago that NRA memberships recently have exploded. I might be wrong about that, but I believe that's what I saw.
    I would think so as well.

Rupp's Runt

And they have very high-profile, well respected, and credible people like Oliver North and Dan Bongino out front in the public eye with LaPierre, so I have to believe their financial situation is not as bad as Rolling Stone would want the average Joe to believe. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    The state of New York is trying to litigate them into insolvencybthrough the use of sham lawsuits.

I read they were 46 million over budget in donations made to conservative candidates in 2016.

That was in the W. Post fwiw.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The state of New York is trying to litigate them into insolvency through the use of sham lawsuits.
    Same thing they tried in the 1980s with the gun manufacturers. Congress had to pass legislation to prevent suits against gun makers for every shooting in America. Pretty much saved the 2nd Amendment, or at least the making of any gun after the mid 1980s.

Now they're trying the same stuff, but with state budget money behind them. If I were a New Yorker I'd sue b/c it's misappropriation of funds, spending tax money on political actions.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I read they were 46 million over budget in donations made to conservative candidates in 2016.

That was in the W. Post fwiw.
    And just like the Rolling Stone rag, not sure I can believe much, if anything, from the rag called the Washington Post either. 😉