Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Interesting Manafort tidbit

I was watching the news this morning and a couple of attorneys were asked about what we might see in the Manafort trial. One of the attorneys mentioned something sure to come up was a previous investigation by a US attorney several years ago which cleared Manafort of these same charges.

Who was that US attorney? Rod Rosenstein.

Re: Interesting Manafort tidbit

And who was the director of the FBI...Robert Mueller....

Manaforts cousin is a client of mine. Comes in all the time as his dog is pretty sick. He isn't a fan of his cousin.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Here's my (shockingly) brief answer to all this stuff:

If you let me have unlimited resources and time, I can find some kind of criminal or civil charge against almost anyone, and certainly against anyone doing business with 6 or 7 zeroes in the financial columns. Regardless of politics, industry, doesn't matter.

So it's not who is "guilty" that interests me, but how we are picking who we throw the full weight of the US government against and who we intentionally ignore.

And that's how corruption in law enforcement works at every level when it exists. Joe Schmo in the trailer park gets busted for his pot or booze or whatever, but the mayor's son or sheriff's buddy somehow never get that treatment.

It's no different in this case, just a lot more high profile. It's not really about what you find if you target someone, it's about who is being targeted and who isn't that tells the story of politics in this country, from the county judge to the Presidency. That's how corruption works, not by tanking the criminal case but by simply not having one at all.

That's why equality before the law was so important to the Founders, and that's what we've lost.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Good to see the judge get in the prosecution for their tactics. This has nothing to do with the Meuller investigation other than to squeeze him and the judge is making it clear he isnt putting up with their shinnanigans
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

As this trial progresses, I wonder if Rosenstein and Mueller will be called as witnesses by the defense as Manafort was not prosecuted when this charge first came to light as they were federal prosecutor and FBI director respectively.
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 08-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    As t!his trial progresses, I wonder if Rosenstein and Mueller will be called as witnesses by the defense as Manafort was not prosecuted when this charge first came to light as they were federal prosecutor and FBI director respectively.
    Want the jury to see this in the defendant's favor? That is what I would do. Subpoena both Rosenstein & Mueller and make them testify as to why, all those years ago they chose not to prosecute Manafort then.

LUCY! You gots some 'splainin' to do! 😉

Part of me wonders the Mueller didn’t think this would go to trial, that the Feds would paint a huge mountain of evidence and get a plea. The Feds can’t financially break Manafort as they have other indictees.
    I almost wonder if the judge is being baited to throw the case out. The cross would be brutal on Gates should he testify and will very likely incriminate the Podestas and likely the Clinton Machine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Part of me wonders the Mueller didn’t think this would go to trial, that the Feds would paint a huge mountain of evidence and get a plea. The Feds can’t financially break Manafort as they have other indictees.
    I almost wonder if the judge is being baited to throw the case out. The cross would be brutal on Gates should he testify and will very likely incriminate the Podestas and likely the Clinton Machine too.
    which would make it worth it in my opinion. Hey, Im all for justice so long as its equal justice