Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Now here's a right bit of bias

I get a kick out of these things. I get an even bigger kick out of claims there's no bias in the media, or that their groupthink liberalism isn't basically just a propaganda machine for one side in this country.

Marc Zuckerberg of Facebook just gave a long rambling interview on what FB is doing about content and hate speech etc. Well in that interview he basically said Holocaust denials won't be taken down as hate speech outright b/c some who express those views may just be naive. In essence, he put forth the idea of "good faith Holocaust deniers" to borrow one article's phrase.

Now how is that so different from Trump's comments re Charlottesville that nearly caused a national riot? Trump was IMO talking about the people there defending keeping up historical statues, not talking about the white supremacists at all, but Zuckerberg was definitely talking about people denying the Holocaust who are just somehow naive.

Now if that was a conservative head of a big company, his a$$ would be heading out the door so fast he'd get a neck injury. But see Zuckerberg is a HUGE liberal. Big donor to liberal causes and beloved by the liberal elites, b/c he's one of them.

So it will barely get covered. It's in the article, there will be a half dozen high brow stories on Facebook's troubles with content management, and yes even criticism of how they are doing with it.

But calling for him to resign b/c the head of Facebook just seriously soft-peddled on a "hate group" of people who are almost unanimously anti-Semitic? I bet not.

See, Papa John just needed to give enough money to liberal groups instead of naming sports facilities and come out for open borders and such and he'd have gotten some mulligans.

Just a late night musing on the humor of it all.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Now here's a right bit of bias

You didnt link the article, but at 2 AM, we will forgive you...LOL

I love reading some of the liberal stuff. First I get irritated, then I laugh. Latest is something about Putins daughter who works for some charity who has some association with somebody in Trump tower. So apparently The Donald grabs secrets, runs them down a couple floors where they are encoded and sent to the Kremlin. And I used to roll my eyes over the idiots on the right who thought Obama was born in a grass hut on the Serengeti and and built a mosque in the basement of the White House
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is fair to criticize him. If Facebook is a neutral platform it less damning

If you see Facebook as a publisher or paper and the people on it staff, it is scary.

But Facebook is giving a vehicle to some scary people.

There is a great inconsistency. In all this.

Mob rule doesn’t promote innocent until proven guilty or facts.

Consistency is what i strive for but am not always successful in it.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 07-26-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Well the media didn't punish him, but the markets sure did. FB Lost 19%, $119 BILLION in market cap in one day. Zuck went from #5 wealthiest American to #11 in a day. Still not exactly poor, but big damn drop.

They've lost the feel for their customers, been way too focused on monetizing their platform and not enough on the users of the platform. Now they're scrambling b/c they've built a lot of infrastructure without those goals, and don't know how to bring them back to the forefront in their models.

Politically I just thought it was interesting b/c Zuckerburg basically did exactly what Trump did in his Charlottesville comment IMO, and got almost zero blowback for it. He doesn't deserve the blowback a President may get for ill chosen words, but he deserved far more than he got IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.