Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

He speaks the truth

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...-opponent.html

my initial thought was a wolf in sheep clothing but it makes too much sense
    Last edited by Doc; 07-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: He speaks the truth

Wow! Great read.

I was elected National President of the College Democrats of America in 1999, and now I’m a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in 2018. While the Democrats’ influence over my political philosophy defined a few years in my late teens and early twenties, that influence could not withstand the test of life and experience that made me a conservative as an adult. In contrast with my time as a Democrat, my evolution to becoming a conservative Republican was a fully mindful and deliberate decision, based on my life experiences that left me with no other option.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

He sure nailed it in this article!

Rupp's Runt

I too was a Democrat in my early life. Both of my parents, were too. Blue collar, fiscally conservative, somewhat socially liberal but definitely southern conservatives.
    My Father was an immigrant from Sicily who served in the Army during WWII. My Mother was an only child that grew up during the Depression of the 1930's and WWII in the 1940's.
    Both were loving, caring, nurturing people who loved to have fun. But when it was time to be serious and be business-like they would tolerate nothing less than 100% attention to the task at hand. Period.
    My awakening occurred when I was serving in the Army. Our President then was a man named Ronald Reagan, and when I listened to him talk, he said the same things my parents always told me. I won't go much further than that because the story is too long and drawn out, but it was during this time when I had my personal/political epiphany and realized that I was on the wrong team.
    I became a Republican then, although I am like some here in that I also have some very strong Libertarian leanings as well. I
    Reading that article brought back a lot of memories of times forgotten, and the reasons why I switched political parties.
    Because the Democrat party abandoned me those may years ago.

As Ronald Reagan famously said, he didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left him.

Same thing is going on with this extreme leftist nonsense of identity politics and victimhood and open borders etc. It's leaving behind the blue collar base of working folks who were always their core. Blue collar folks have nothing in common with the modern Democratic party points of emphasis, nor is any of it going to benefit them in any way. they're realizing that, which is why Trump won so many over.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The comments about his parents are heartbreaking. I don’t see how you can turn your back on your child simply because of political affiliations. Wow.

My parents were Dems, they have become more supportive of conservatives over the last few years. By few years I mean since 2014. Dem policies were a disaster and the left became too extreme. Dad is 81 and Mom is 77; more examples of people fleeing from the Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    The comments about his parents are heartbreaking. I don’t see how you can turn your back on your child simply because of political affiliations. Wow.
    I get disagreeing. I may even get donating to an opponent though I find that extreme, but not seeing your own grandchildren over politics? that's sick in the head.

They are proving the guy's point, that the party that wraps itself in "tolerance" is completely without tolerance. Tolerance is trying to work with and have relationships with people with whom you disagree. that's nowhere on their list. Just the opposite, anyone who disagrees with them in any way is immediately shunned, silenced and excommunicated.

In its own way it's a study in religious zealotry. It's a religion, and this guy has denied the faith, and that's why they're so mad.

If you don't support open borders you're a racist. That simple. Don't support 32 genders and 15 different bathrooms in every business? You're a homophobe. there's no gray, no middle.

The GOP has its ugly members, no doubt about it, which is why I keep hoping for a whole new political party with actual influence, but right now the Democrats are being overrun with extremists in ways the Tea Party folks (who by and large are not extremists) only dreamt of doing with the GOP.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I got in a "spat" yesterday with a uber liberal. He is a frat brother that was a facebook friend and he posted one of those survey pages and "shared" it so it showed up on mine..."Is Obama one of the top 5 Presidents of all time". I did replied with a "haha" (you know, you hit "like" or whatever...I selected the laughing emoticon) and he went off with the how could I go on his face book page and disrespect his opinion, blah blah blah. I countered with I did no such thing. I simply responded to the question, one that showed up ON MY FACEBOOK page because he shared it, with a chuckle because of the absurdity. He then countered with the "Obama administration never had a scandal" stuff...at which point I deleted everything I posted and unfriended him because there is no reasoning with such idiots. I plenty of liberal friends who I can carry on conversations with. My business partner is a democrat who supported Hillary and hate Trump but at least we can laugh about it.

I have an aunt who is a the government is there to give you stuff person. She lived her whole life with her hand out. Her daughter is a year younger than me and hasn't held a real job...she worked at McDonald's for about a week but couldn't handle it because people "looked at her". She got married and they checked before to be sure it didn't affect the welfare checks. Her husband sleeps all day and stays up all night listening to static on the ham radio because aliens are trying to communicate with us (I'm not joking). And they all vote "D" because "the Republican's want to take away your welfare". As I said, I do know some sane democrats. Of course I also know some bat crazy republicans, one who thought Obama was the Manchurian Candidate.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    As Ronald Reagan famously said, he didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left him.

Same thing is going on with this extreme leftist nonsense of identity politics and victimhood and open borders etc. It's leaving behind the blue collar base of working folks who were always their core. Blue collar folks have nothing in common with the modern Democratic party points of emphasis, nor is any of it going to benefit them in any way. they're realizing that, which is why Trump won so many over.
    I would call myself a social liberal, and have no qualm about it. Pro-choice, against pray in school, etc.... but definite fiscal conservative. However the democratic party today is something that is straight out of an Aldous Huxley novel

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    However the democratic party today is something that is straight out of an Aldous Huxley novel
    It's a dystopian nightmare, and I'm not exaggerating. Shutting down anyone who disagrees and doing so b/c there is some "right" to not have to hear a different opinion???????? that's right up there with some of the most dystopian writing, from Bradbury's "firemen" burning books to Orwellian doublethink.

It's a dystopian nightmare, and I'm not exaggerating. Shutting down anyone who disagrees and doing so b/c there is some "right" to not have to hear a different opinion???????? that's right up there with some of the most dystopian writing, from Bradbury's "firemen" burning books to Orwellian doublethink.
    They are behaving like fascists, all the while calling everyone who disagrees with them as fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    They are behaving like fascists, all the while calling everyone who disagrees with them as fascists.
    It would be funny if it wasn't so sad, and such a threat to the Great Experiment.

Let's see, we're going to shut down the speech of anyone who disagrees, brand anyone who doesn't conform to be an enemy, target with harassment and violence anyone who even dares support anyone who opposes us, but we're not fascists. Uh huh.

I don't know how they say it with a straight face. I presume they can't see how much the "Antifa" looks like the Brown Shirts. In truth 99% of those spouting "anti-Fascist" language have no idea what fascism even means. they certainly have no understanding of how any totalitarian movement rises to power or they'd realize just how much they are following that pattern.

They certainly have no understanding of how any totalitarian movement rises to power or they'd realize just how much they are following that pattern.
    Yep, the young adults have often been the group to lead revolutions in which the totalitarian states have their roots.