Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Strzok testimony

Watching Strzok today and it is hard to find the guy even somewhat believable.

Re: Strzok testimony

Listening to this all day has brought me to two conclusions. One, Trey Gowdy is awesome and two, Democrat politicians are almost as dumb as the people who elect them.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Listening to this all day has brought me to two conclusions. One, Trey Gowdy is awesome and two, Democrat politicians are almost as dumb as the people who elect them.
    Some of their diatribes against Trump made them look even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Some of their diatribes against Trump made them look even dumber.
    Yep. I was laughing at them most of the time. Especially when one Dem was pronouncing his name completely wrong. Although I was pissed when one Dem from TN suggested Strzok deserved a Purple Heart. That’s absurd and an insult to Purple Heart winners and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Yep. I was laughing at them most of the time. Especially when one Dem was pronouncing his name completely wrong. Although I was pissed when one Dem from TN suggested Strzok deserved a Purple Heart. That’s absurd and an insult to Purple Heart winners and their families.
    a puple something....let just say the tip is shaped like a heart
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    a puple something....let just say the tip is shaped like a heart
    LMAO!!!

Rupp's Runt

I didn't get to see much of the session, just the highlights, so just from that I'm not feeling much sympathy for the guy. sympathy
    Guy comes across as a narcissistic egomaniac, especially with that little smirk that never leaves his face.

Fab Five

I can’t wait for his paramour to testify.
    Real Fan since 1958

suncat, that guy has a permanent smirk that would put a Bond villain to shame.

It's my observation as an amateur student of the human condition that the upper levels of the FBI are chocked full of arrogant men who think they have superior moral standing to the rest of us and that their job title includes the task of sitting in judgement without question from others.

They have great power, very little if any oversight, and it's gone to their heads. An independent force with nearly unlimited resources, near absolute power and no checks and balances. yeah, this is working out great when we forget the Constitution.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I can’t wait for his paramour to testify.
    The Dems have been silent on her first afternoon of testimony. The GOP say she is providing valuable information, and her take on the texts conflicts with Strzok’s.

When the public hearing takes place I expect the Dems will try to paint her as a vengeful scorned woman if she gives testimony that supports that Strzok is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    suncat, that guy has a permanent smirk that would put a Bond villain to shame.

I likened it to the devil having his true identity revealed. Pretty creepy.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Last edited by badrose; 07-15-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

It's a reeking smugness that honestly to me proved his motives and behavior was likely far worse than the text would reveal.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It's a reeking smugness that honestly to me proved his motives and behavior was likely far worse than the text would reveal.
    Every time one of the Dems put on their righteous indignation act he had that smirk and the smug look on his face.

From Goodwin's article:

Blinded by his own ambition, Comey brushed aside superiors, rules and maybe laws while giving Hillary Clinton a free pass and turning the screws on Donald Trump. Comey defends himself by saying he sought to protect the FBI’s independence, as if it — and he — are a fourth branch of government that is beyond accountability from the other three.

This nails it. They, and apparently the media and much of Congress, seem to think the FBI is a separate branch of government that is supposed to be "independent".

Uh, it's not "independent". It answers to the President, their boss, and to Congress, which has a lawful oversight role. They seem to think they answer to neither, which is where all this hubris and smugness comes from in their actions and their smirky condescension.

From Goodwin's article:

Blinded by his own ambition, Comey brushed aside superiors, rules and maybe laws while giving Hillary Clinton a free pass and turning the screws on Donald Trump. Comey defends himself by saying he sought to protect the FBI’s independence, as if it — and he — are a fourth branch of government that is beyond accountability from the other three.

This nails it. They, and apparently the media and much of Congress, seem to think the FBI is a separate branch of government that is supposed to be "independent".

Uh, it's not "independent". It answers to the President, their boss, and to Congress, which has a lawful oversight role. They seem to think they answer to neither, which is where all this hubris and smugness comes from in their actions and their smirky condescension.
    I think Comey is a product of his mentor, Mueller. Mueller' history is filled with arrogant moves.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I think Comey is a product of his mentor, Mueller. Mueller' history is filled with arrogant moves.
    These guys are all brought up in a FBI/DOJ system that tells them they are "independent" and somehow anointed as the keepers of the nation. They think they are in charge and shouldn't be questioned b/c to do so threatens their "independence". Same thing Rosenstein is doing.

If you let Congress in there will it be political? Yes, but that's the way the system works. In the end bureaucrats must answer to the elected representatives of The People, not be some special Men in Black action movie organization that does as it pleases.

Their hubris and conceit is beyond evident, and it is largely b/c they believe in a structure of this nation's government that is utterly at odds with the Constitution.

Very good read. I think Sessions is a good man who is simply spineless. He needs to resign or be fired. Rosenstein is an arrogant bastard who seems to feel he is above Congressional oversight. He should be held in contempt and then fired. I think Wray is kinda hamstrung by the two idiots above as well as Mueller right now. I’m willing to give him a chance to clean up the FBI which is at its most corrupt period since Hoover was in charge.

These guys are all brought up in a FBI/DOJ system that tells them they are "independent" and somehow anointed as the keepers of the nation. They think they are in charge and shouldn't be questioned b/c to do so threatens their "independence". Same thing Rosenstein is doing.

If you let Congress in there will it be political? Yes, but that's the way the system works. In the end bureaucrats must answer to the elected representatives of The People, not be some special Men in Black action movie organization that does as it pleases.

Their hubris and conceit is beyond evident, and it is largely b/c they believe in a structure of this nation's government that is utterly at odds with the Constitution.
    Mueller and Comey’s favorite maneuver is charging their targets with lying to the FBI or DOJ officials. Bleed them dry, threaten family members, then get a guilty plea when they have broken their targets financially and the target can no longer afford to fight. It is rare that the get a conviction for other crimes.

Reports indicate that Lisa Page told Congress that the texts meant what they said, which contradicts Strzok’s claims.