Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Another reason for Optimism?!

Read this on another board but looks right:We have 16 returning starters (knew it was 15 or 16), but even more telling than that is of the projected 6 new starters, 1 was a 5 star (Landon Young), four were 4 stars, and 1 three ( Boogie Watson)

Re: Another reason for Optimism?!

You read it here first! TERRY BLUE GUARANTEES WE BEAT FLORIDA!

Still going 5-7, 6-6 at best. Staff has a lot to prove with player development and game management.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
    You read it here first! TERRY BLUE GUARANTEES WE BEAT FLORIDA!
    If we couldn't do it last year with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter, on our home field, over arguably one of the worst Florida teams in the last 50 years, with a Florida coach who didn't know up from down, then it isn't going to happen.
    Now Florida has a real coach, who with the resources and environment that Florida has available for its use will most likely be vying for SEC East and SEC Championships most years as long as he is the Florida football coach. And who also happens to "own" Kentucky (like almost everybody else in college football does!&#128544 when he was at his previous coaching job because that school at least takes SEC football somewhat seriously, unlike our school.
    Face it folks, I suspect that many of us older fans will likely not see another win over Florida in football in what may be left of our lifetimes. Some of the younger fans here 'might' see a win over Florida in football when they get to be in their 60's, like me. Maybe. Hopefully.
    As long as Mitch Barnhart is the AD, and Mark Stoops is the football coach at Kentucky, the best we can hope for is anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5.

We haven't won more than 7 since 1984. Hoping this will be the year

I took a break during triple crown season then started lurking after vacation. I've had to bite my tongue a few times but I'll return to posting with this--if we don't reach 9 wins this year, which likely means 8-4 with a bowl win, we're taking a step back imo. We've probably got 3 of the non conference foes and Vandy. Not sure where we're going to get 4 more wins but it won't be Georgia and probably not Miss. State, Florida, or UL. That leaves SC, Missouri, A&M, and Tennessee. I think we probably win 2 of those, making us 6-6. Hope I'm wrong but trying to be realistic.
    Don't panic

Not going to win at A&M, Missouri or UT.
    Hence my 5 win prediction.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Not going to win at A&M, Missouri or UT.
    Hence my 5 win prediction.
    Not going to win @ Florida this year either.
    Mullen and the Gators will annihilate Kentucky in Gainesville.
    We blew the very best opportunity we have had in many, many years to finally beat Florida last year. And the way it happened still makes me ill. Stoops is supposed to be a good defensive coach. What I watched him do to his own team and to the Kentucky football fanbase is reprehensible and disgusting.
    I was on the fence with him at that point. After witnessing that nonsense, all I want to see is Mark Stoops gone from Lexington. I don't like the guy, have zero use for him. And he can take his buddy Mitch with him when he goes too.

Fiddlin' Five

I'm just waiting for that yearly "kiss-of-death" statement to come out.
    You guys know what it is....... "we're deep and experienced in the defensive backfield this year", or "we have a deep offensive line that has played a lot of games"........

We don't have an experienced QB this year. Our WR's are very questionable, and please don't mention Dorian Baker. The O-line run blocks well, but can't pass block for squat.
    Our defense last year went from bad to worse, actually giving up well over 400+ yards per game in the last 3 games.
    If we get to 6-6 and qualify for a bowl it will be a mild accomplishment. I'm thinking 5-7 is about where we'll finish. JMHO.

Freshman

The yearly "kiss of death" has been coming out on this board for the last 3 months. We have so many half-ass football fans on here it is pathetic!!!!! Reminds me a lot of the Legion of Doom that was on another board. If you done like it, don't follow it!!!!! The trolling on peoples threads are insane, and the admin lets it go!!!! But hey Calipari is here to save your soul and make you feel relevant in life so all is good

Fiddlin' Five

There are varying opinions on this, but given the history of Kentucky football, what else would a reasonable person believe? I'm just sayin' bluecat24, what would a reasonable person believe?
    And while we have had some mild success under the current coach & his staff, overall I have to say we have been very underachieving, given the talent we have on hand. Which begs the question, are we really not that good, or are our players not being properly developed?
    Each of the last four years could have been 'breakout' years, especially last year. So given that underachieving model to work off of, again, what would a reasonable person believe?
    And comparing basketball & football at Kentucky is like comparing apples to oranges. Not possible, or fair to either endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat24 View Post
    The yearly "kiss of death" has been coming out on this board for the last 3 months. We have so many half-ass football fans on here it is pathetic!!!!! Reminds me a lot of the Legion of Doom that was on another board. If you done like it, don't follow it!!!!! The trolling on peoples threads are insane, and the admin lets it go!!!! But hey Calipari is here to save your soul and make you feel relevant in life so all is good
    Good work! As we all know, the internet is important and it must be won at any cost. I apologize for not taking the internet, and thereby UK football seriously enough.

It's going back to 1984 and realizing that UK has not won more then 7 games but a few times and has constantly found ways to lose games over and over. But I can tell you that this half-ass football fan never turns the game off even when its watching Bill Curry allow Florida to put up 77 and it could have been 100 easy. As for the tolling it gets old when a poster continues to push an agenda and rarely has facts to back that up on top of that constantly knocks on the QB at UK that has had heart and made this average coach being push by this poster millions of dollars. So since you might be the second real UK football fan sit back and watch how this team performs and see how close the half-ass football fans are to being correct.
    QUOTE=bluecat24;510103]The yearly "kiss of death" has been coming out on this board for the last 3 months. We have so many half-ass football fans on here it is pathetic!!!!! Reminds me a lot of the Legion of Doom that was on another board. If you done like it, don't follow it!!!!! The trolling on peoples threads are insane, and the admin lets it go!!!! But hey Calipari is here to save your soul and make you feel relevant in life so all is good[/QUOTE]
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Another reason for Optimism?!

Terry has mentioned numerous times, and rightly so, that winning 8 games this season would be an accomplishment we have not done since 1984. I am very happy that some fans see the potential in this year's team and hope that potential is realized. Truthfully, don't we all?

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Terry has mentioned numerous times, and rightly so, that winning 8 games this season would be an accomplishment we have not done since 1984. I am very happy that some fans see the potential in this year's team and hope that potential is realized. Truthfully, don't we all?
    Agreed. And no one wishes it would happen any more than I do. And yes, I realize that I complain a lot about it, but how much longer do we have to wait for this ship to start sailing the way we want it to?
    When are we going to start winning some of these games that we have historically always found a way to lose?

8 wins a year doesn't sound like it's that much. Its only being average in the SEC every year and winning our 4 out of conference games. Problem is, we've allowed U6 to get ahead of us. They'll be rebuilding this year so there's hope.
    We're going to see a lot of ugly games this year. With one athletically gifted QB with questionable accuracy and one that appears to be more game manager than home run threat, we're going to be trying to force teams to stop our ground game. Similarly, opposing defenses will be trying to shut down our ground game and forcing us to pass.
    On the other side of the line, opposing offenses will be trying to force us to stop their rushing attack as our defensive strengths appear to be at end and safety. Can we force teams into passing situations? May be the key to several of our games....
    Don't panic