Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Tyrese Maxey With Late Game Heroics In Battle With Cole Anthony At Peach Jam

Re: Tyrese Maxey With Late Game Heroics In Battle With Cole Anthony At Peach Jam

Re: Tyrese Maxey With Late Game Heroics In Battle With Cole Anthony At Peach Jam

Man oh man-- I can't wait for this kid to get to UK. Any chance of him graduating in December and joining the team mid-year? He sounds super competitive, which would mesh nicely with this group.

From TJ Walker's Twitter:

T.J. Walker
    ‏@TJWalkerKSR
    WOW. Tyrese Maxey told me his coach pulled him because he wanted to rest him, hinting the game was over and they were going to lose. Maxey put himself BACK in because he thought they could come back. They did.

We do not need Maxey this year. We are overloaded with guard talent. Iím so glad he stayed in 2019.
    Pair him with Wiseman or Carey and we will have another amazing team.

Tyrese Maxey With Late Game Heroics In Battle With Cole Anthony At Peach Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Man oh man-- I can't wait for this kid to get to UK. Any chance of him graduating in December and joining the team mid-year? He sounds super competitive, which would mesh nicely with this group.

T.J. Walker
    ‏@TJWalkerKSR
    WOW. Tyrese Maxey told me his coach pulled him because he wanted to rest him, hinting the game was over and they were going to lose. Maxey put himself BACK in because he thought they could come back. They did.
    Amazing. Great anecdote.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post

T.J. Walker
    ‏@TJWalkerKSR
    I don't read that story and get excited as much as I see a slight red flag. It is summer ball; it is an AAU coach. I am not sure I like a player disregarding his coach and putting himself back in.

The coach clearly made a bad decision. But I am not sure I want a player of his age thinking he can countermand a coach's instructions.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 07-16-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

A non issue and not a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I don't read that story and get excited as much as I see a slight red flag. It is summer ball; it is an AAU coach. I am not sure I like a player disregarding his coach and putting himself back in.

The coach clearly made a bad decision. But I am not sure I want a player of his age thinking he can countermand a coach's instructions.
    Lots of AAU coaches allow star players to reinsert themselves into games. It isn’t something I would allow players to do at any level, but it is what some AAU coaches do.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Lots of AAU coaches allow star players to reinsert themselves into games. It isn’t something I would allow players to do at any level, but it is what some AAU coaches do.
    I get the culture. A never give up attitude is great in a player. Defying coach not so much. Outside of Bill Russell a player/coach not something that excites me about teamwork.

I am certainly not against Maxey in any way. The fact that he led his team back from a huge deficit is encouraging. Having to defy his coach, that is how I read it, not so much.

If you will excuse me some damn kids on my lawn listening to rock-n-roll with a transistor radio.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017