Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: John Schnatter Resigns From UL Board For Racial Slur.

Looking for the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: OT: John Schnatter Resigns From UL Board For Racial Slur.

Rick Pitino's revenge?

Here we go...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...6Kd?li=BBnb7Kz

This was a couple of hours ago. WHAS 11 has reported that he has in fact resigned from the UL Board of Trustees

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by kybobcat View Post
    Rick Pitino's revenge?
    Apparently Papa stuck his foot in it during a conference call to Forbes Magazine. Referencing Colonel Sanders using the “N” word and nobody cared.

I believe the line of questioning was about the NFL and the “take a knee” debacle causing him to step down from his own company.

Except John said the actual word instead of an euphemism like “the n word”

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Apparently Papa stuck his foot in it during a conference call to Forbes Magazine. Referencing Colonel Sanders using the “N” word and nobody cared.

I believe the line of questioning was about the NFL and the “take a knee” debacle causing him to step down from his own company.

I still think a RP ally leaked the story to the media.

But then, I think the Cigarette-Smoking Man killed JFK.

How quick will UL be looking for a new sponsor for the PJCS, and even the Yum Center??

Bombino

He has naming rights to Stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if he totally disconnects from UL, pulls the name and most importantly pulls the donations.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    He has naming rights to Stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if he totally disconnects from UL, pulls the name and most importantly pulls the donations.
    Morgan & Morgan Cardinal Stadium could be on the table

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    Morgan & Morgan Cardinal Stadium could be on the table
    I vote for you winning the internet for the day !!!!

Fiddlin' Five

I about fell over when I saw John Morgan was involved.
    I wonder how he has the time to be involved in this Chinese fire drill when he's busy here in Florida trying to get recreational marijuana legalized? Between his trips to his "other home" in Colorado besides? 😎

Dang is that funny! M&M Cardinal Stadium

Schnatter is now out as chairman of the board at Papa Johns!

Looks like the pizza box will be next...better call #LAW

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...6Kd?li=BBnb7Kz

He already had to step down from another title over the nFL thing didn't he?

Guy is wrecking himself. Weird to watch.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I think he stepped down as the CEO of the pizza Co. Now MLB is baling out on their “grand slam” promotion.

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/artic...1_127_26807528

It is weird to watch.

Super Kitten

I may be in the minority here but I see a distinction between saying that “Colonel Sanders called people n-word” (which BTW I don't even know if that's accurate or not) and himself calling someone the n-word.

If you think it’s inappropriate to talk about use of the word by someone else in the past by repeating the actual word, then essentially it means it’s impossible to discuss the issue in a completely open and accurate way.

As someone who likes to discuss historical issues (including issues around race relations) I see this as problematic and somewhat of an overreaction.
    Last edited by JPScott; 07-12-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    It is weird to watch.
    On one level I get it, but the PC culture and the victim society in this country have raged utterly out of control. You say the slightest thing "wrong" and you get crucified. It's every bit as Puritanical as anything that happened in stories like The Scarlett Letter.

I don't even know the context in this case of what he did exactly and honestly don't care, but I get the frustration of having to dance around everything you say b/c someone may be driven to a puppy petting safe place.

Now you have to be a fool as a white person to use that word in any public context regardless of intent, so don't get me wrong, he's lost his mind. He needs to be admitted to a mental facility apparently, b/c he's blowing up his company and while I think this country has lost its way in terms of political correctness it's obvious that's the situation and he has just stepped right into it.

In the end it comes down to this: does someone say something b/c they are racist or whatever, or are they just saying something that even if incorrect is still basically innocent? If you're running around with a white hood you need to be crucified, but ending people's careers over some comment that was a throw-away thing seems extreme.

In this case I think he may have a brain tumor though.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by JPScott View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I see a distinction between saying that “Colonel Sanders called people n-word” and himself calling someone the n-word.

If you think it’s inappropriate to talk about use of the word by someone else in the past by repeating the actual word, then essentially it means it’s impossible to discuss the issue in a completely open and accurate way.

As someone who likes to discuss historical issues (including issues around race relations) I see this as problematic and somewhat of an overreaction.
    I actually think it is an important distinction too. Clearly uttering it can destroy a person's career. But I do think there is a difference calling someone that word and saying that so and so said this word all the time.

Context.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

I may be in the minority here but I see a distinction between saying that “Colonel Sanders called people n-word” and himself calling someone the n-word.

Same.

I agree but in his position he should have known better in today's climate you can't say the actual word no matter what the context. Of nothing else it still shows insensitity and a tone-deafness.
    Don't panic

In a historical conference, I agree, but for a corporate type event or activity, you’d gave to be stupid to say that word. People know what “the n word” means and saying the actual word does nothing to clarify it in that situation.

Schattner’s actions should be considered more stupid than racist, but stupid enough that he deserves what he’s getting, whether he’s actually racist or not.

(Just ask Happy Chandler about consequences for saying it, and that was 30 years ago. This isn’t some new “politically correct” reaction.)

Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.

It's utterly over the top. I haven't looked into these particular circumstances but clearly there is a difference between citing a fact of history and per se endorsing that view in some way.

I'm disturbed as a student of history with this current culture, but also as a student of dystopian literature. What we are seeing today is more akin to something dreamt up by Orwell or Bradbury. Are we really so far now from a world of 1984 where the language itself is manipulated to control thoughts, with contrary views simply being eliminated from expression because the words needed are themselves banned and removed from reference? We're not doing a bad job of the two minute hate either for that matter.

Mel Brooks would be arrested for trying to make Blazing Saddles today.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I agree but in his position he should have known better in today's climate you can't say the actual word no matter what the context. Of nothing else it still shows insensitity and a tone-deafness.
    Can't argue with that.

Super Kitten

Mel Brooks would be arrested for trying to make Blazing Saddles today.
    I was flipping channels a few weeks ago and watched the last half of Brooks' History of the World Part I. Most of it was in shock of how crude it was. No movie studio would release such a film today for mainstream audiences.
    Receive updates on my UK website on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bigbluehistory

I was flipping channels a few weeks ago and watched the last half of Brooks' History of the World Part I. Most of it was in shock of how crude it was. No movie studio would release such a film today for mainstream audiences.
    Can you imagine the uprising from "it's good to be the King"? lol.

Bombino

Can't say "we need more cowboys" either. Wyoming University is getting slammed using it in a marketing campaign. it is allegedly offensive to non white guys without ten gallon hats and in particular to Native Americans. I guess it is okay if you use it in a rap song if you are a cowboy like certain folks can use the racial slur a billion times with no blow back. Heaven help us.
    Last edited by LakeCat; 07-12-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Can't say "we need more cowboys" either. Wyoming University is getting slammed using it in a marketing campaign. it is allegedly offensive to non white guys without ten gallon hats and in particular to Native Americans. I guess it is okay if you use it in a rap song if you are a cowboy like certain folks can use the racial slur a billion times with no blow back. Heaven help us.
    Everything is offensive to these PC Nazis. People with way too much free time.

Ironically, the cowboy culture was appropriated from the Mexicans.

Thought this was old news and that’s why he was removed from the papa johns commercials?
    Even removed for the board at papa johns