Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

According to Goodman, the UofL players have filed suit to have the vacated games

. . . restored to the record books. What say the attorneys here?

Re: According to Goodman, the UofL players have filed suit to have the vacated games

The gift that keeps on giving.

I’m in favor of anything that reminds people that a UofL assistant coach paid for hookers for recruits.

Re: According to Goodman, the UofL players have filed suit to have the vacated games

Luke Hancock spearheading the UofL lawsuit. Who could’ve ever seen that coming from the biggest whiner ever to play there?

According to Goodman, the UofL players have filed suit to have the vacated games

Oh good, will it make it to open court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

according to Goodman, the earth is flat

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Let’s get Katina on the stand.

Bombino

I think the first hurdle for the players to clear is the issue of standing. The NCAA body is comprised of the individual schools and it is iffy that the players could show apart from the school sufficient connection to the ruling to allow them to proceed. Regardless, imo it is some lawyer trying to get some publicity because this suit won't be long before it is tossed.

Well, the flat earth folks have members around the world.....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    according to Goodman, the earth is flat

Per Eric Crawford, the Kentucky Supreme Court said this in 2001. I’m sure this won’t be a hurdle for this unquestionably meritorious lawsuit by the former players.

“The NCAA unquestionably has an interest in enforcing its regulations. … By becoming a member of the NCAA, a voluntary athletic association, U of L agreed to abide by its rules and regulations."

Constantly reminding people that UofL provided hookers to recruits is an excellent strategy. Just not for UofL

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    I think the first hurdle for the players to clear is the issue of standing. The NCAA body is comprised of the individual schools and it is iffy that the players could show apart from the school sufficient connection to the ruling to allow them to proceed. Regardless, imo it is some lawyer trying to get some publicity because this suit won't be long before it is tossed.
    I'm no lawyer, but I've been in prison enough to have an opinion.

Standing seems to jump out, and also harm. Were the players harmed by not having those wins officially in the record? What are the economic damages to Luke Hancock? The UL fans are more adamant than ever about those games now, has this hurt his endorsements? If his reputation was harmed b/c of the association with hookers etc., but it's true, that's not something the NCAA has caused by denying wins in a NCAA record book.

The smartest lawyer I've ever known has told me more than once that anyone can sue anyone for anything. Doesn't mean they will win, but you can do it. I think we have a really good example in this one.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Let’s get Katina on the stand.
    Lets get Magee on the stand...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Lets get Magee on the stand...

Let’s get Pitino on the stand. You know that lying sonofabitch will perjure himself!

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Let’s get Pitino on the stand. You know that lying sonofabitch will perjure himself!
    Oh, the mere thought of that rascal having a moment ala Captain Queeg on the stand when the effects of long term syphilis kicking in...
    Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Oh, the mere thoug!ht of that rascal having a moment ala Captain Queeg on the stand when the effects of long term syphilis kicking in...
    I love what you did there Pappy! 👍

One argument seems to be “Luke the nice white boy didn’t get laid so it’s unfair.” Another is, “we didn’t spend much on the hookers so the penalty is disproportionate”.

They need to add Gloria Allred to this clown car.

Bombino

Morgan & Morgan for Morgan & Morgan. What a clown show. "We take on the bullies" crap. I bet that dude hasn't tried a case in 20 years and this is nothing but a major commercial for all the rabid UL fans to use their law firm. Now while I would love the NCAA to be drilled but it isn't going to be in this action. All the UL fans rejoicing that they can get discovery from NCAA, well if the suit gets that far(which I seriously doubt) discovery is a two way street. Let's put every UL player and coach during that four year time period under oath and subpoena all their e-mail and texts. Also, real smart to piss off the organization that is going to be handling the Bowden-Fair investigation. Bet UL administration and Coach Mack not too happy about this.

Jeff Eisenberg
    @JeffEisenberg
    Biggest takeaway from the Louisville press conference: Morgan & Morgan has a bombastic anti-NCAA PR strategy, no obvious legal strategy and not a great grasp on how college athletics works.

There are dozens and dozens of serious, legitimate criticisms of the NCAA. The way they handled the UofL case isn't one of them.

That it's that little bitch Luke Hancock leading this makes it even better. My least favorite UofL player ever, built a career out of whining and flopping. The fact that the vacation of the title eats him up so much makes it even more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    There are dozens and dozens of serious, legitimate criticisms of the NCAA...

... The fact that the vacation of the title eats him up so much makes it even more enjoyable.
    All good !!

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    There are dozens and dozens of serious, legitimate criticisms of the NCAA. The way they handled the UofL case isn't one of them.

That it's that little bitch Luke Hancock leading this makes it even better. My least favorite UofL player ever, built a career out of whining and flopping. The fact that the vacation of the title eats him up so much makes it even more enjoyable.
    Could not agree more. Not a fan of Hancock.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Jeff Eisenberg
    @JeffEisenberg
    Biggest takeaway from the Louisville press conference: Morgan & Morgan has a bombastic anti-NCAA PR strategy, no obvious legal strategy and not a great grasp on how college athletics works.
    Darrell it is untelling what their National advertising budget is and here they get a hour long infocomercial of how they take on the big boys. I have to believe they figure they will spend a few hundred legal hours before the case is thrown out which cost them 20 or so thousand billable dollars but get millions in publicity of taking on the bullies of the world. The UL fan faithful will be lined up at their doors for them to represent them. If I were a PI attorney in Louisville I would be major po'ed.

Darrell it is untelling what their National advertising budget is and here they get a hour long infocomercial of how they take on the big boys. I have to believe they figure they will spend a few hundred legal hours before the case is thrown out which cost them 20 or so thousand billable dollars but get millions in publicity of taking on the bullies of the world. The UL fan faithful will be lined up at their doors for them to represent them. If I were a PI attorney in Louisville I would be major po'ed.
    Yup. I see their TV ads all the time. #LAW, in fact. This is very cheap publicity for them. Won't matter the case gets dismissed. They had their time in the sun.

Excellent Analysis. As I understand it they have huge presence in Florida and he said he was going to do the same in Kentucky, and has spent big time in the state. This is marketing for them.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Hey Luke it’s a team sport. Now Morgan & Morgan have joined the team. If Luke files suit against anyone it should be his brain surgeon.

Luke Hanflop, Steve Van Trese, Make Mara, Tim Henderson, and Gorgi Djeng are the five filing suit.

“by God they’re gonna do it, if we have to drag them by the head of the hair all the way down from Indianapolis to the court house, they’re gonna do it”

~ John Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Luke Hanflop, Steve Van Trese, Make Mara, Tim Henderson, and Gorgi Djeng are the five filing suit.

“by God they’re gonna do it, if we have to drag them by the head of the hair all the way down from Indianapolis to the court house, they’re gonna do it”

~ John Morgan

What an asshole. Well, in the doldrums of baseball season, it'll make for a fun circus.