Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: water hose

Rupp's Runt

water hose

Anyone have this or something similar they really like? I have a pressure washer, but I don't want to hook that up every time I need to wash the bird poop from my patio and the regular nozzle isn't quite strong enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Pro-P.../dp/B06Y18R3WT

Rupp's Runt

water hose

Also thought about the Worx battery washer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: water hose

Lots of pressure in this little nozzle

Its what we have. Equal to any high pressure nozzle Ive used. Then again, that's not many

Last edited by kingcat; 07-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Started to leave this on the 2nd page but the device sucks and thought I might save someone a few dollars.

I really liked it, the fan didn't quite have the power I wanted, but cleaned the bird poop fairly well. Still had to scrub some. And for general rinsing it did fine. But I used it about 5 times for 5-10 minutes each time and the top spring already blew out so I am returning it.

Going to try the Worx cordless pressure cleaner and hope it works well. If not, looks like I'll be using the pressure washer more often than I want.

JMO, but you're going the wrong direction if you're trying to gadget something like that up. For what you want, simpler = better.

I have a brass nozzle similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12380-H.../dp/B001DGII5O

Dramm 12380 Heavy-Duty Brass Adjustable Hose Nozzle
    4.6 out of 5 stars 1,050 customer reviews | 39 answered questions

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-25-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Rupp's Runt

I'll probably get something like that to wash the whole thing. The thing I bought was nearly perfect just wasn't made well. The patio we added is concrete pavers, and some bird poop just won't come off with a regular hose. I hope this cordless thing will work. A pressure washer will, but then I have to be careful to not blow out the grout, so I hope this is a good compromise. If it works well, run time won't be more than 3-5 minutes at a time.

The main issue is that some bird's built a nest and my 3 year old enjoyed watching the eggs and the birds grow. They just left the nest so the biggest issue is fixed. Once I finish the covered part, they won't be able to build back.

I'll bet the Worx cordless thing will work well for you.

It sounds like the bird poop on the pavers may be a pretty tough stain, so a non-assisted thing may not be enough. Here's a short video of the brass nozzle thing in action. Most of it is with it with the "misting," but toward the end it focuses into the jet. You can kinda see about what it will do there. The reviewer claims it "cleans patio very well," but who knows?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF66UY1?ref=dp_vse_rvc0

Rupp's Runt

It's weird. The random places wash off easily. Mainly where the nest is. So I'm hoping it has more to do with the amount in one spot. If anyone has pavers, please add any cleaning tips.

water hose

I bought an Armor-all electric pressure washer this week. Only 1600 psi, 1.3gpm, but bought it for $50 from BJ's Wholesale Club. Cost me an additional $10 for a one year online membership, but this is going to be my car wash, deck wash tool as well.

With 6 cars, I'll make that price up in no time in saved gas station car washes.

(Edited to correct the psi).
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I nearly went with an electric pressure washer and my next real pressure washer probably will be. I am just done with gas stuff.

My Worx works great. The birds are gone and the poop is not really an issue now. But it is nice to plug it in the water hose and blast off the harder cleaning stuff. The battery last plenty long for what I need. It is a limited use item, but it fit my needs. It does lack volume (I guess it is volume), so it does not clean the entire patio very well, so I need to get something like you posted. My other device was perfect for that, too bad it only lasted a few times.

Now, I did try the 2 liter option on the Worx and I was not getting high pressure. Not sure why. If I can get that to work, I'll be completely cordless.