Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thailand soccer team rescue

Have you guys been following this?

A Thailand soccer team, with 12 boys ages 11-16, and their coach (age 25), are trapped in a watery cave. They disappeared more than a week ago into a labryinth of twisting, narrow tunnels, and divers located them and there is an international effort to rescue them.

Apparently the options are very dangerous. The two most likely options are (1) to equip the boys with scuba gear, and take them through narrow openings into sometimes completely dark water, with sharp rocks; or (2) to leave them there until the Fall, and the rainy season concludes, perhaps after Fall, periodically diving in to give them supplies. I don't think they're going to do the 2nd option, but I haven't read everything.

It's considered a very dangerous dive even for experienced divers. Some of the boys can't even swim. If they intend to evacuate them now, they must do so quickly, as the Thai rainy season is peaking, and long periods of persistent downours are expected into November.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...les/754325002/

Re: Thailand soccer team rescue

Have been following the limited info available. I do not like either option they have at this point to get them out of the cave.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Cave diving is a truly dangerous endeavor. And that is for an experienced diver.
    Not something for the faint of heart. Or a teenager that can't swim.
    My wife has been following this story, and has told me this is a regular happening in this particular cave at this time of the year.
    So why doesn't the Thai government dispatch Army personnel or some other government authority to prevent this nonsense from happening at this time every year?
    THIS is where government has a responsibility to its citizens to protect them from this kind of danger. JMHO.

I saw a piece on the news tonight. They indicated the dive in and out could take as long as six hours and with kids that can’t swim it’s even more treacherous

They are bringing in medical supplies, MRE’s, and are stringing a phone line so the kids can talk to their parents.

Day 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Horrible. Hate to even think about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I watched a video online about it and saw the smiling faces of so many loved ones after their children were found. I sure hope they can rescue them.

seeya
    dan

Heard on the radio today that they are going to start pumping out the passageway. They are under the gun, more rain expected this weekend.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Here’s a link to an update. It’s from CBS so TIFWIW, can probably only believe about half of what’s written.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand...ce-2018-07-05/

I read a report that said they had been pumping the cave water for a week now and were averaging lowering the water level in the cave system 1 CM per day.

SOS..........Need much larger pumps and lots of them
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I read a report that said they had been pumping the cave water for a week now and were averaging lowering the water level in the cave system 1 CM per day.

SOS..........Need much larger pumps and lots of them
    The above article says they’ve pumped out over 31 million gallons, which seems like a lot unless they still have a couple hundred million to go.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-05-2018 at 10:32 PM.

seeya
    dan

So now a Thai seal has died staging air tanks along the submerged access tunnel.

seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

2 have been rescued

seeya
    dan

Great news!! Prayers going out for the safe recovery of the rest of the soccer and rescue teams.

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Not sure I could get in that thing even if I could fit but sure hope it works for them.

Ain’t no way I’d climb in that that thing, (without heavy sedation) of course I would have never navigated the cave tunnel to find myself in that predicament in the first place.

I’d take my chances on scuba with the guides....

Tough kids!! I did hear today that the first four kids were considered the “weakest”. They didn’t explain what the criteria was for determining why they were considered the weakest, whether it was physical, health, or mental...

The last thing I saw on the on going rescue said it might take another four days to rescue the balance.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-09-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Saw a news crawler, rescue is back underway, 3 more have safely been rescued, so far.

Rupp's Runt

Radio said 8 total this morning. Fox news said 7 before I left home. Either way, they are making progress!

^^^Yep, sounds like they’ve got eight out and four to go plus the coach.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07...?cmpid=prn_msn

... the latest four boys to be retrieved took two hours less than the first four. They attributed the quicker time as to knowing a little more of what they’re doing than they did on the first trip.

They are continuing to pump water and stage fresh air tanks along the escape route to prepare for phase three.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Rupp's Runt

I think they are about to begin the 3rd rescue effort

seeya
    dan

Here's what we know
    They're free: All 12 members of the Wild Boar soccer team and their coach were rescued after more than two weeks trapped inside a cave in Thailand.
    Where they are now: The children are now recovering in a hospital isolation unit.
    Parents finally see their kids: The families of four boys who were rescued Sunday have been able to see them through a glass window

Just incredible. I feel so badly for the Thai Seal member who died, but so happy that all of the kids and coach were rescued. I really did not think that was going to occur.

I really did not think that was going to occur.
    I liken the outcome to the discovery of an unburnt bible in the remains of a burn out vehicle.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I liken the outcome to the discovery of an unburnt bible in the remains of a burn out vehicle.
    Great analogy, Dan.