Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anybody Ever Have Plantar Fasciitis?

If so, how’d you treat it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Anybody Ever Have Plantar Fasciitis?

Yes it sucked. Roller when I sat and went to an ortho and got some good heel inserts. Mine was from playing ball in my driveway with old tennis shoes I believe.
    Go Cats!

I went to foot guy today. Cortisone shot and a list of foot exercises to do. The list consisted of seven different exercises. I’m
    supposed to rotate three of the seven tests daily. All the exercises are supposed to be 10 reps on each foot three times a day.

Seems like a lot...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Got the shot. Did some stretches. Pretty much live with it.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Got the shot. Did some stretches. Pretty much live with it.

Doesn’t go away?

Rupp's Runt

Mine has not. It gets better at times but never fully goes away. It is possible I have a bone spur causing it which means it won't heal until I have them removed. Which I am not willing to do.

Moving my foot some before I get out of bed has become 2nd nature at this point.

Sitting still for long periods and driving is the worst.

Scared my old ball team once. Never told them I suffer with it. Drive 4 hours to a tournament one day. They see me get out of the car and I can't really walk lol

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Mine has not. It gets better at times but never fully goes away. It is possible I have a bone spur causing it which means it won't heal until I have them removed. Which I am not willing to do.

Moving my foot some before I get out of bed has become 2nd nature at this point.

Sitting still for long periods and driving is the worst.

Scared my old ball team once. Never told them I suffer with it. Drive 4 hours to a tournament one day. They see me get out of the car and I can't really walk lol

Jeez!! That sucks!! I thought this was just some kind of tendon pull that ran it’s course and then got better.

They did show I had bone spurs on both heels but weren’t considered serious/bad.

Here’s my plantar fasciitis story. Had it in my right foot for about 6 months. Got insoles then shoes that were supposed to help, etc. to no avail. One day I noticed after having been off work for a couple of days and just wearing crocs that it actually felt a little better. Well I can’t wear Crocs at work but I did start wearing shoes with very little arch support and after two weeks it was noticeably better and after a month was probably 95% gone.

I still have a pair of Brooks I wear on the treadmill but I got rid of everything else “running shoe” style. I’m convinced that at least in my case, my feet would prefer to be barefoot.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I think it was Joe Crawford who played most of his last season with plantar fasciitis. I can't imagine the pain of all the starting, stopping and quick cuts during practices and game play.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I think it was Joe Crawford who played most of his last season with plantar fasciitis. I can't imagine the pain of all the starting, stopping and quick cuts during practices and game play.
    Probably not as bad as you would think. Once it loosens it up it is fine for a while (mine at least). The hardest thing was probably sitting on the bench and half time. Occasionally an impact will hurt, but normally the pain comes from tightening up from sitting still. I would imagine he kept it stretched out during time outs and sitting on the bench.

This isn't a cure, but I have this unit and it works very well for some items. I know some have raved about it helping with their plantar fasciitis as well. It's a basic hand-held Tens Unit. Very powerful; could substitute for a Tazer lol. Battery life lasts forever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^Yes, now I remember them talking about that.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Rest and stretching is about all you can do outside of the exercises. I did buy some form fitting Saucony Shoes and they were a tremendous help. Be sure to use the lace locks.
    Real Fan since 1958