Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Camp Horizon

Camp Horizon

I don't usually do this, but I think it's important enough to share. If I ever hit the lottery, Camp Horizon - a camp for kids fighting cancer - will get my first monies from the payout.

This is the third year my nurse daughter has volunteered a week's vacation for her warriors. She works in pediatric oncology and hematology, and loves the fight in her kids and will do anything for them. Camp Horizon is a special place, and MANY wonderful nurses donate their time and disposition to go play with the kids, to interact with them, to just be there for them in a fun environment.

Here are a couple of pics from her. She never posts pics of the kids, obviously, but here's a little blurb and a couple of the nurses with her who had a great time being wonderful human beings.

If any of you get an Anthony Davis contract out there, please consider Camp Horizon. And maybe a little something for all the nurses, too. Just amazes me that they would take their vacation time and use it for that, but all of them say they get a lot more out of it than they give and would never trade it. I believe them. Nurses are special people, period.

Rupp's Runt

Camp Horizon

Just seeing this. That is awesome! Never heard of camp Horizon but going to Google it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Camp Horizon

Apparently Camp Horizon is a common name...you have a link?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Camp Horizon

It's amazing how giving, caring, and loving nurses are. Those in that field are among some of the most compassionate people you will ever meet.
    And we all would do well to take a cue from these kids that are fighting a horrible disease as a lesson in how to deal with life.

Thanks for posting we all need to take a note or two from the kids and nurses!

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Apparently Camp Horizon is a common name...you have a link?

http://camphorizontn.org/

Camp Horizon

Daughter posted this. She's going to be moving soon from Nashville, but plans to return. If you need to donate to a worthwhile charity, please consider these kids.

Camp Horizon

Full post.