Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

I miss these products

You can probably pick this up somewhere, but I have a Sharpie Stainless Steel pen. It's not expensive, but it feels better using one of those than just a regular Sharpie. Just me, I'm sure, but I didn't mind clipping that to a pocket or a file or something to use, and bought refills (it was refillable) when it ran out, rather than just another disposable. We keep boxes of 12 Sharpies around, so I have access to them, and this is just a dumb small indulgence, but I liked it.

Re: I miss these products

The refills looked like this:

Very hard to find these days. I found one place where a refill was $10+, but that's just too high for my indulgence. I'm willing to pay more than what it would cost for a regular disposable Sharpie, but not that much more.

If anybody runs across the refills, cheap, let me know.

It's a Sharpie 1751000 Stainless Steel Fine Point Refill, Black

Amazon allows you to buy one from one of the other sellers. It's $299.97 for a refill from one of them--The Mega Deals. (Does anybody ever do that?)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Just FWIW, I found a place that sells them for $2.37 each, but a) they say call for availability, and b) they have a minimum order of $50. I'm not going to buy a couple dozen. Maybe a half-dozen.

http://modernimagingsolutions.com/st...17&IdCatalog=1

Ever try taking apart a 99 cent sharpie fine point and seeing if it will work?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Ever try taking apart a 99 cent sharpie fine point and seeing if it will work?
    I haven't, but that sounds like something worth trying. Worth a shot. The refill screws in, but if taking it apart would produce something, I bet I could figure something out there--sort of wedge it in or something.

I miss these products

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I haven't, but that sounds like something worth trying. Worth a shot. The refill screws in, but if taking it apart would produce something, I bet I could figure something out there--sort of wedge it in or something.
    Whatever you do, don’t let it come in contact with your iron...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

..hehehe

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

This gets my vote for winning the internet today. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I often use Sharpies at work, but I'm a scribbler
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.