Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

I love Sirius radio (dws)

so I have 2 cars, same radio package on both, total access with sports so I can listen to MLB, NBA, NHL etc. Buy a new car, call sirius and talk to some lady with a foriegn accent and say "switch it from old car to new car, dont change anything". So new car radio only goes to channel 184 meaning no sports channels (those are approx channel 190 to 225) so when at dealer asking about some other stuff I ask about the radio and he informes me its just an update that sirius does remotely. OK, call sirius and get a guy who speaks "jive" (the movie "Airplane" reference) and after driving and messing with the radio he informs me the sports package is now only available on PC and phone, not in cars. Seemed quite coincidental this occurred the same time I bought a new car. So when I get home I check my wifes car, and channel 218 has baseball just like before so obviously Sirius rep #2 is full of crap(as I supected). So I call again. This time I get what I assume is India. I understand about every 5th word but think we communicate well enough. well low and behold, the channels start to download...success, right? That was last night. Today, I get channel 0 which is radio ID and 184 which is preview channel, nothing else.

Customer service opens at 8:00AM. I just dont know if that is my time or Bangladeshi time but I do know if I get somebody who does not speak English Im asking for a different representative
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I love Sirius radio (dws)

Good luck. I love SiriusXM, but the only reason I keep it is because of the "hack" where I call every six months and tell them to cancel the service and then we play the stupid negotiation game where I feel like I'm in a third world country haggling over farmer's market fruits. I think my six month dental checkups are more enjoyable.

Re: I love Sirius radio (dws)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Good luck. I love SiriusXM, but the only reason I keep it is because of the "hack" where I call every six months and tell them to cancel the service and then we play the stupid negotiation game where I feel like I'm in a third world country haggling over farmer's market fruits. I think my six month dental checkups are more enjoyable.
    Last year this process became a lot easier. Or maybe two years ago. I just did my annual dance with them this morning. And I do mean annual, because I am no longer having to negotiate six-month contracts, because their offers are good for 12 months.

Now, when you call if it recognizes the telephone number and automated response ask if you want them to use that number to look up your account details. When you reply yes, they say they are busy, but if you like, they have a special offer you can accept. Rather than $252 per year (approximately, $20.63 per month), they offer a rate of $72 per year if you accept. If you say yes, then they go through their little script on the automated version, you agree to allow your credit card to be charged, and then mark your calendar up to repeat the process 12 months from now. At least it's a lot better than having to threaten to cancel your account, have them offer you a discount but not enough, and then continue the infuriating process.

Until next year at this same time…

I usually have to let it lapse for a month or two before they come begging back with an acceptable offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I usually have to let it lapse for a month or two before they come begging back with an acceptable offer.
    I don't think you have to do that any more.

I set my calendar up to call 3 days before expiration, and the automated version provides what used to be only available through the negotiation or begging process.

If you're close to your expiration date, call 1-866-635-5027 and see. It's easy now.

Sure helps on long drives in “radio free Montana”. Administration not so much. Won’t tell you which car, radio, etc. think I paid the ex wife’s bill for a couple of years as a result. Not PJ territory expensive but still.