Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Internet Speed, What’s Fast??

Spectrum is advertising super fast internet (400 Mbps), s that fast? They said DirecTV is only 50 Mbps, which I find hard to believe.

“All the bandwidth you need to run all your devices”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Internet Speed, What’s Fast??

400 Mbps is fast.

Rupp's Runt

400 is fast for any home. I get about 125. We can stream anything and on as many devices as we have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have Spectrum and it's usually in the 300-375 range on my desktop directly connected. Another factor would be how many devices are pulling from it.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Spectrum is advertising super fast internet (400 Mbps), s that fast? They said DirecTV is only 50 Mbps, which I find hard to believe.

“All the bandwidth you need to run all your devices”

BTW if you go that route buy your own modem/router and make sure it's compatible. Mine's a Netgear and it works fine. Do you have a 4K tv?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    BTW if you go that route buy your own modem/router and make sure it's compatible. Mine's a Netgear and it works fine. Do you have a 4K tv?
    Not yet... I’ve been looking to upgrade my tv to 4K but I thought Id wait anther cycle, maybe next year. I noticed there aren’t many/any channels being broadcast in 4K. If it is going to be like HD , I remember it taking about a year before it became common place.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

400K is bloody screaming. I get 90ish at work with 10 or so up. I need the up speed, that's way fast compared to residential for most, but it's great for us. Would love more on the upside. Download 90 is screaming for what we need b/c I don't stream anything at work.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not yet... I’ve been looking to upgrade my tv to 4K but I thought Id wait anther cycle, maybe next year. I noticed there aren’t many/any channels being broadcast in 4K. If it is going to be like HD , I remember it taking about a year before it became common place.

That's the thing about a 4K tv. It upscales HD, sometimes to the point you can't tell the difference. The one thing that does make a difference is that most 4K tv's also come with HDR (high dynamic range) which makes the colors pop and you get blacker blacks which increases depth of field, almost 3D-like.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    That's the thing about a 4K tv. It upscales HD, sometimes to the point you can't tell the difference. The one thing that does make a difference is that most 4K tv's also come with HDR (high dynamic range) which makes the colors pop and you get blacker blacks which increases depth of field, almost 3D-like.
    Which might be a whole other conversation, but when I asked the guy at Best Buy if he could pick out any TV in the store to take home, which one would you take.

He responded without hesitation, Samsung QLED. I’d have to check my notes for the model number, but it was his choice over Sony, LG OLED, Panasonic etc.... and the curved screen thing was a flash in the pan, they’re on their way out.

Which might be a whole other conversation, but when I asked the guy at Best Buy if he could pick out any TV in the store to take home, which one would you take.

He responded without hesitation, Samsung QLED. I’d have to check my notes for the model number, but it was his choice over Sony, LG OLED, Panasonic etc.... and the curved screen thing was a flash in the pan, they’re on their way out.

If money is no object then OLED or QLED is the way to go. The only thing I'd be curious to know is how well it works with lower sources.

Rupp's Runt

Was not long ago my entire network ran on 100 mb. About 600 devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk