Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable

UK Updates Student Ticketing Processes

Among other things they are doing away with the lottery for basketball and allowing students to coordinate who they sit with based on when they arrive at the stadium/arena.

https://ukathletics.com/news/2018/6/...es-mobile.aspx
    Last edited by Bakert; 06-13-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

UK Updates Student Ticketing Processes

I have mixed feelings on the mobile ticketing availability for students.

On one hand, it's easier for them. That's a good thing in a vacuum. But I wonder if we will see a certain (higher) percentage be no-shows to the game. I believe an in-person requirement in obtaining a physical ticket was more of a commitment that made attendance more likely.

Just a thought on this Thursday morning.

Unforgettable

Re: UK Updates Student Ticketing Processes

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have mixed feelings on the mobile ticketing availability for students.

On one hand, it's easier for them. That's a good thing in a vacuum. But I wonder if we will see a certain (higher) percentage be no-shows to the game. I believe an in-person requirement in obtaining a physical ticket was more of a commitment that made attendance more likely.

Just a thought on this Thursday morning.
    The problem was that, based on my understanding, the physical ticket was distributed at the lottery which was even more removed from game time and therefore could lead to even more no shows. In addition, the lottery system gave equal chance to those who *really* wanted to go to games and those who were just bored. My point being that those of us who camped out in front of Memorial for 24 hours to get the first few rows of Section 31 or 32 (back when students got those sections) rarely missed a game.

I also think it will be easier to track those students who get tickets and don't show up. Although not mentioned in the policy, with electronic ticketing you could begin to build a "loyalty" system so that those who attend games get more "points" and would be able to perhaps get earlier access to tickets. Also, while you may get no shows, you may also get those students who find out a couple hours before tipoff that friends are going and would be able to easily get access to a ticket.

No doubt there are pros and cons, but these people live in a mobile/digital world and I see this as nothing but a positive.

One thing they could (should?) do is only sell season ticket packages. Once those are gone they could then sell remaining tickets to the general public.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Re: UK Updates Student Ticketing Processes

Just reduce their seats by those they don't use so the fans who do care can all still get in the building, that's the big step they need to take.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon