Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Bombino

Is It Time for Stoops to Face the Music on Walker?

New revelations of the amount of cash ($95,000) and large amounts of marijuana and cocaine found in Marcus Walker's apartment confirm this guy was a MAJOR DRUG DEALER. I know the old defense you can't monitor what a 100 or so guys will be spouted by the defenders but geez how did this guy go under the radar. The vehicle he is driving plus him flashing a large sum of cash on Facebook should have sounded multiple alarm bells. Do our dozen or so coaches ever drop by the players apartments to see what's up? IMO it is time for Stoops to publicly address this very bad stain on UK football. If the nationally media cared a rip about UK football the coverage would be overwhelming. I am afraid we are going to get the Pitino "Miniardi Hall" defense.

Re: Is It Time for Stoops to Face the Music on Walker?

Do our dozen or so coaches ever drop by the players apartments to see what's up? IMO it is time for Stoops to publicly address this very bad stain on UK football.
    You are absolutely right. The team does not operate in a vacuum, and they can not function well without close supervision.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Jason Hatcher was also dismissed after trafficking charges arrest (February 2016).

I'm a huge Stoops supporter, but depending on how he and the administration handles this, he(and/or others) may have to go.

There must be some accountability here.

I think Stu's right that there needs to be accountability here. I would be content with something--I'm not sure what--that requires a change in practice. I'm not calling for anybody's dismissal (Walker has already been dismissed, of course, but I mean staff), but *something* has to change. It just has to change. We're better than this. Or should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think Stu's right that there needs to be accountability here. I would be content with something--I'm not sure what--that requires a change in practice. I'm not calling for anybody's dismissal (Walker has already been dismissed, of course, but I mean staff), but *something* has to change. It just has to change. We're better than this. Or should be.
    To me, it depends on who knew what and when.

I'm still shocked that nobody saw his tweets of carrying $1,000's in cash before the arrest and didn't do something.

I don't want to speculate at all, or throw people under the bus, but when you factor in the silence to date, it just doesn't give off a good perception that UK is doing what needs to be done.

It's going to be interesting how this plays out, but right now, at a minimum, the BBN has to swallow its medicine over how we all reacted to the UL scandals. To do anything less would be hypocritical. UL blew it, UK has a chance to do the right things, if justified.

The guy was found with $95K in his possession and was held on a $1000 surety bond? Something isn’t adding up there.

Off-campus apartments may not be a good thing for the football players. Time to put them on campus?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Off-campus apartments may not be a good thing for the football players. Time to put them on campus?
    Yes. I've never thought it was good to end the "football dorm" approach. when Pitino first got here he wanted to get rid of the lodge, let players live off campus like normal students. He realized in about 2 weeks that was a really really bad idea.

I can't imagine it's very wise for football either, despite the obviously larger numbers.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Probably already hurt recruiting, especially in state

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Yes. I've never thought it was good to end the "football dorm" approach. when Pitino first got here he wanted to get rid of the lodge, let players live off campus like normal students. He realized in about 2 weeks that was a really really bad idea.

I can't imagine it's very wise for football either, despite the obviously larger numbers.
    I seem to recall living off-campus wasn’t good for the basketball team when the Lodge was being revamped in the Tubby era.

Unforgettable

Wher is our AD in all of this? He needs to stop hiding under his desk again and show some leadership. This is a stain on athletics as well. An organization that begs for contributions for student athlete scholarships needs to show they are good stewards of our money. I hate thethought that my contributions, in part, subsidized this dude.
    Real Fan since 1958

Nothing from uk is a little disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Nothing from uk is a little disturbing
    Agreed. They think by being quiet it will be low profile, that talking about it only gets it out to more people, but in general it's best to get out in front of these things. Better to address it, talk about how we're responding, etc.

At least, if UK is still investigating, announce you are taking it very seriously and are investigating.

Is It Time for Stoops to Face the Music on Walker?

Low profile?

No argument from me. Just trying to guess why UKAA has been silent on this obviously very serious issue.

I want to like Stoops, but I would not be surprised at all to learn that he really had no idea any of this was going on. He has done some really good things here, but he's never given me much of an impression that he has everything under control.

As for Barnhart...well...the Brits had a more capable leader in Neville Chamberlain.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.