Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

TJ Walker "UK Is Major Player For Cole Anthony And Maybe The Favorite"

My friends here are just a tad skeptical of TJ and his "sources" but I like this. Yesterday Cole did say he would love to play with Tyrese Maxey in college. Since 2010 we have had some incredible guard duos (Wall/Bledsoe, Knight/Lamb, Teague/Lamb, the Twins, Murray/Ulis, Fox/Monk) but a backcourt of Maxey/Anthony may be the best.

Darryl

Re: TJ Walker "UK Is Major Player For Cole Anthony And Maybe The Favorite"

By all accounts, Maxey is working on him hard to put UK at the top of his list.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

“Maxey-mum” effort

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    By all accounts, Maxey is working on him hard to put UK at the top of his list.

Kira Lewis left Lexington without an offer after his weekend visit. I suspect that the UK staff is stringing him along to go after Anthony.

Not sure I like the stringing him along to hope and get the so called better player, that doesn't always work out for Cal.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Kira Lewis left Lexington without an offer after his weekend visit. I suspect that the UK staff is stringing him along to go after Anthony.
    I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    I sure hope not.
    me too. Been burned before with that strategy

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

This means it’s all lip service. I always take everything TJ says and expect the opposite. He’s not even weather man accurate

I have more confidence in TJ now than I ever did before. I am pretty sure that he can filter his info through Matt, who we all know has sources close to Cal. If it were total nonsense I think Jones would squelch it.

Later...

Quote Originally Posted by backagain View Post
    I have more confidence in TJ now than I ever did before. I am pretty sure that he can filter his info through Matt, who we all know has sources close to Cal. If it were total nonsense I think Jones would squelch it.

Later...
    That's a very good point.

It seems that Maxey has used the Team USA experience to effectively recruit the guys he wants with him at UK. Not sure if this was part of the plan when he committed early but his early commitment seemingly will play a big part in putting together the 2019 team.

Later...
    Agree, that is a very good point.

If anything, TJ has gotten worse since he joined KSR.

He posted one hour before Gabriel announced he was staying in the draft that he was most confident about Gabriel returning. He occasionally may have a source, but 95% of the time posts what he thinks using his logic, not based on any actual information. He's basically a fan with a big platform for his guesses.

So your faith is really in Matt (to do the filtering/editing) more than in TJ?

Later...

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    If anything, TJ has gotten worse since he joined KSR.

He posted one hour before Gabriel announced he was staying in the draft that he was most confident about Gabriel returning. He occasionally may have a source, but 95% of the time posts what he thinks using his logic, not based on any actual information. He's basically a fan with a big platform for his guesses.

This..

I think it is unfair to judge TJ on is predictions about NBA draft entry...Those guys, especially this year, leave most everyone out of the loop. I think Cal was even in the dark on a couple of guys this year.

Later...