Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The grad transfer talk has sure disappeared

The Stanford grad with two first names? Reid Travis or Travis Reid I hope I get a chance to learn that better. No show? Ugly Rumors? Vanillanova?

Re: The grad transfer talk has sure disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The Stanford grad with two first names? Reid Travis or Travis Reid I hope I get a chance to learn that better. No show? Ugly Rumors? Vanillanova?
    The longer it goes the less likely it is imo. Influences ramp up the effort and second and third guessing comes into play.
    I am confident CW had the best inside scoop at the time, but there should have been some news leak by now.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Waiting to visit Villanova n us.. think UK

Wasn't this week like the 13th when classes were over at Stanford, then the visits.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Wasn't this week like the 13th when classes were over at Stanford, then the visits.
    That is correct....can't be "released" until after classes. Stanford is on one of those staggered schedules. I really don't understand it, but I have heard the 13th and 15th so not sure which it is, but he can't take visits until his release is complete.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    The longer it goes the less likely it is imo. Influences ramp up the effort and second and third guessing comes into play.
    I am confident CW had the best inside scoop at the time, but there should have been some news leak by now.
    Stay confident, my friend. Travis cannot be released till Stanford's graduation Saturday; then he will visit UK. He may never make it to Villanova.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    That is correct....can't be "released" until after classes. Stanford is on one of those staggered schedules. I really don't understand it, but I have heard the 13th and 15th so not sure which it is, but he can't take visits until his release is complete.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Richard, I am almost certain the graduation date is Saturday the 16th

Darryl

I think he has graduation or something on the 17th and nothing is happening until then so he can still use Stanford's facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Richard, I am almost certain the graduation date is Saturday the 16th

Darryl
    I am pretty certain that you're correct.

Doesn't seem to be a need for worries. All signs still point to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    I am pretty certain that you're correct.

Doesn't seem to be a need for worries. All signs still point to UK.
    Yeah, one is never certain on these things, but I am about 90% confident we get him. I kike Jay Wright and he certainly has things going, but Villanova will not be a top 10 team even with Travis. UK can be a national champ with him; plus the Bahamas trip, games versus about half the top 20; all televised; Cal's NBA connections, etc will all swing the decision to us by a very smart young man.

Darryl

Unforgettable

Again, Stanford is on a quarter system. Classes ended on June 6. Finals are June 8-13. Grades are due at noon on Thursday, June 14. Commencement, conferral of degrees is Sunday, June 17.

Google is your friend. https://registrar.stanford.edu/academic-calendar

This article suggests UK may still lead but that the lead may be less than it was and that a third team could be getting involved.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/college-b...anova-wildcats
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

The grad transfer talk has sure disappeared

Thanks, Bakert. I would assume that you have graduated without attending the ceremony. At least I hope that's the case, or my masters of law degree is invalid! Anyway, my guess, based on the exact dates, is that after June 14 when all grades are turned in would be when he could be released. Not necessarily before then, but not necessarily after the commencement ceremony of the 17th either.

Regardless, sounds like no necessary reason for concern yet, but things will be happening within the week. Good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Stanford is on the quarter system. I had heard visits will come after the 17th. I think he has to graduate before he is actually eligible for the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks, Bakert. I would assume that you have graduated without attending the ceremony. At least I hope that's the case, or my masters of law degree is invalid! Anyway, my guess, based on the exact dates, is that after June 14 when all grades are turned in would be when he could be released. Not necessarily before then, but not necessarily after the commencement ceremony of the 17th either.

Regardless, sounds like no necessary reason for concern yet, but things will be happening within the week. Good info.
    I didn’t go through my masters ceremony either. I was just glad to get it finished and get my pay increase from my rank change.’

Thank you all

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

I agree that the important date is when grades are due on Thursday. Graduation is often more ceremonial than official.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I agree that the important date is when grades are due on Thursday. Graduation is often more ceremonial than official.
    Guys like me blowin hot air for a couple of minutes.

Again, Stanford is on a quarter system. Classes ended on June 6. Finals are June 8-13. Grades are due at noon on Thursday, June 14. Commencement, conferral of degrees is Sunday, June 17.

Google is your friend. https://registrar.stanford.edu/academic-calendar

This article suggests UK may still lead but that the lead may be less than it was and that a third team could be getting involved.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/college-b...anova-wildcats
    Good info. I posted before seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Yeah, one is never certain on these things, but I am about 90% confident we get him. I kike Jay Wright and he certainly has things going, but Villanova will not be a top 10 team even with Travis. UK can be a national champ with him; plus the Bahamas trip, games versus about half the top 20; all televised; Cal's NBA connections, etc will all swing the decision to us by a very smart young man.

Darryl
    Considering that we've been told much of this is what he's looking for and the program that can best give it to him is where he wants to land, we have to have some confidence that a Stanford grad has the sense to make the decision for UK.

I agree with you on the probability, but the 10% can always happen. From my perspective and limited knowledge, I'm putting my confidence in the fact that he IS a smart man and is simply doing due diligence by visiting Villanova or another school. Every decision in life should consider alternative options. If it's true though what he wants, then there's only 1 school that can go above and beyond(this season, in particular) to give him that.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Hey, somebody has to do it - might as well be someone who *might* say something interesting!
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Considering that we've been told much of this is what he's looking for and the program that can best give it to him is where he wants to land, we have to have some confidence that a Stanford grad has the sense to make the decision for UK.

I agree with you on the probability, but the 10% can always happen. From my perspective and limited knowledge, I'm putting my confidence in the fact that he IS a smart man and is simply doing due diligence by visiting Villanova or another school. Every decision in life should consider alternative options. If it's true though what he wants, then there's only 1 school that can go above and beyond(this season, in particular) to give him that.
    While I sort of agree (I am never going to agree there is only one path for anything) I can also see where Nova can make a compelling case. They have won 2 of the last 3 titles and will get almost as much PR as UK will this season. But the big issue is that Travis can go there and get just as many minutes as he got at Stanford. Assuming he puts up similar numbers, that combined with the increased exposure would be all he would need. If he goes to UK will he put up anything like the same numbers? I seriously doubt it because I'm guessing PJ and Richards are thinking they are going to put up those numbers.

To close the circle, why not Nova? Because personally I see no way they are anywhere near as good as they have been. I don't have time to check but I'm guessing they lose a very significant % of scoring/rebounding. So while there is plenty of PT for Travis if he goes and they miss the tournament how will that reflect on him?

But I could also easily make a case that Duke would be as good a place as UK. There he would be competing for PT with a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears freshman and could possibly get much more PT than at UK along with the same level of exposure (or far more and a much easier path in the tourney, if one believes the narrative on this board).
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
    13m
    Stanford grad transfer Reid Travis will visit Kentucky early next week, per a source. Immediately eligible for next season. #BBN

While I sort of agree (I am never going to agree there is only one path for anything) I can also see where Nova can make a compelling case. They have won 2 of the last 3 titles and will get almost as much PR as UK will this season. But the big issue is that Travis can go there and get just as many minutes as he got at Stanford. Assuming he puts up similar numbers, that combined with the increased exposure would be all he would need. If he goes to UK will he put up anything like the same numbers? I seriously doubt it because I'm guessing PJ and Richards are thinking they are going to put up those numbers.

To close the circle, why not Nova? Because personally I see no way they are anywhere near as good as they have been. I don't have time to check but I'm guessing they lose a very significant % of scoring/rebounding. So while there is plenty of PT for Travis if he goes and they miss the tournament how will that reflect on him?

But I could also easily make a case that Duke would be as good a place as UK. There he would be competing for PT with a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears freshman and could possibly get much more PT than at UK along with the same level of exposure (or far more and a much easier path in the tourney, if one believes the narrative on this board).
    In other years, I agree.

Villanova is not competing for another championship this season, with or without Travis.

I can see a case being made with Duke as they travel for the summer too, but until he mentions he's considering them, I'm leaving them out of the picture. I'll even go as far as to say that Duke isn't winning a championship with their current roster either, unless the seas part.

So, to me, that leaves only 1 school that provides the entire package.

Reid Travis is visiting UK early next week.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/kentucky-...arly-next-week

Peace

Richard (CW)

Sweet

Matt Jones via Twitter:
    I am told Reid Travis will visit Kentucky next week, likely on Tuesday