Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

New learning experience: Iron touching metal =

Apparently, not good.

Re: New learning experience: Iron touching metal =

????????
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You know, an electric steam iron. Did you know they're not supposed to touch metal?

I didn't know. So, what did you learn?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

It's sort of like putting metal bowls in the microwave, just sort of worse because it's open. Especially if it's a metal sink that it touches. Pretty glorious. Except for the whole blowing fuses thing.

Who knew? I didn't.

(And maybe it means there's something wrong with the iron. Probably time for a new one anyway).

next you can test urinating on an electric fence.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Metal rivets in jeans and such??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Color me happy that you will be replacing the iron. What happened should not have happened.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Also: remove your shirt before irining it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Color me happy that you will be replacing the iron. What happened should not have happened.
    My thinking is there is a serious short there, b/c I've never known one to do that. I have been hit by a few but they were all unplugged at the time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

You shouldn’t have current flowing through the heating element into the ironing plate. Throw the iron away and get a new one.

Need a UTube of this oh please!
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Mythbusters disproved this
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    How does one disprove it? If you are grounded you are gonna get shocked, if you are ungrounded you won’t. Liquids are conductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    They really did both. The "third rail" was disproven b/c the stream isn't contiguous, so it doesn't carry a charge. But released in a later episode it turns out they actually set up a fence and Adam peed on it and got a shock. But an electric fence is a lot higher than the third rail so the stream was uninterrupted enough at one point for the charge to carry.

You absolutely can be shocked peeing on an electric fence, but only within a certain distance.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    How does one disprove it? If you are grounded you are gonna get shocked, if you are ungrounded you won’t. Liquids are conductive.
    They did an episode testing peeing on the "third rail". what they found is that a urine stream doesn't stay together, it breaks up into beads and drops, and so at a certain distance the current won't flow b/c you really don't have a "stream" any more.

But then Adam did pee directly on a fence and got a shock, which btw was hysterical. It was done before the B team was formed, but Tory and Kari set it up for them and were there in the background, Kari was red and laughing hard b/c Adam had to "whip it out" and pee on the fence. She was behind him but the crew wasn't. Very funny scene.

They didn't show that one until a revisit episode later, but they did it at the same time they tested the third rail b/c people did write in saying they had been shocked doing it.

So it's both true and not true in that sense. It depends on the distance as to whether you'll get shocked. Get close enough the stream will have integrity and zap.

Sheesh. I post about a steam iron, and the next thing I know, people are pissing all over my thread.

I'll try to find a video, but nothing came up on youtube. I have it, the fence video. Man it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sheesh. I post about a steam iron, and the next thing I know, people are pissing all over my thread.
    Evil twin strikes again.

They did an episode testing peeing on the "third rail". what they found is that a urine stream doesn't stay together, it breaks up into beads and drops, and so at a certain distance the current won't flow b/c you really don't have a "stream" any more.

But then Adam did pee directly on a fence and got a shock, which btw was hysterical. It was done before the B team was formed, but Tory and Kari set it up for them and were there in the background, Kari was red and laughing hard b/c Adam had to "whip it out" and pee on the fence. She was behind him but the crew wasn't. Very funny scene.

They didn't show that one until a revisit episode later, but they did it at the same time they tested the third rail b/c people did write in saying they had been shocked doing it.

So it's both true and not true in that sense. It depends on the distance as to whether you'll get shocked. Get close enough the stream will have integrity and zap.
    I live in a rural area, there are a lot of boys who have tested the theory with shocking results.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I live in a rural area, there are a lot of boys who have tested the theory with shocking results.
    Yep. it was tested in my neck of the woods long before the Mythbusters. Myth confirmed. lol.

Now stand 3-4 feet away and you'll be OK. Would have been useful information back in the day.

Darrell, we’ll need you to pee in your iron please. If you wouldn’t mind, have someone film it.....from behind!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

"While juggling please"

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain