Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: ihob.....

ihob.....

I hate it.

Re: ihob.....

I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

b/c when you've spent decades and decades and spent tens of millions if not hundreds of millions to build up a brand, the thing you need to do next is radically alter or abandon that brand identification. I get they don't do pancakes only, but everyone knows "IHop".

Sometimes people are too clever for their own good.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

I heard somebody say that it stood for an employee mumbling under their breath, "I hate our business."

Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."

In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.

Strange

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."
    Ouch. man whoever does the Wendy's account is really really good.

In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.
    IMO that's exactly what we'll see happen. I think they're jerking everyone's chain for the PR, but then again they may make the change and figure it's worth it for the PR they are getting. They are getting their 15 minutes in the internet-verse for the move.

Keith Plummer
    @XianMind
    Just had a burger at IHOP. There's a reason it's not IHOB.

9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android

9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

ihob.....

Read the tweet again.

(It didn't age well).
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

Or Vanderbilts Football's "We don't need your permission" campaign

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Or Vanderbilts Football's "We don't need your permission" campaign
    If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.

If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.
    Top 5 for sure. Bic pen famously did an ad campaign in spanish for their "get bic pens and don't make mistakes" slogan that, when translated, basically read as "get Bic pens and you wont' get pregnant". Hard to beat that one, or the Chevy "nova", which means "no go" in Spanish, but surely the Vandy one is top 5 ever.