Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Another one-and-done from Kentucky! Sydney McLaughlin to turn pro

I think she's ready.

Nice 247 Sports article on her:

https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...-pro-118934442

Unforgettable

Re: Another one-and-done from Kentucky! Sydney McLaughlin to turn pro

Showing my ignorance of yet another topic, what does it mean to "go pro" in track? Are there professional track events where one wins money or is it purely about endorsements? And if the latter, I thought there were "Olympic" athletes who were somehow able to get endorsement and/or training money?

OK, so I did a bit of looking and...it's pretty bleak. Yes, you have Michael Phelps who has pulled in an estimated $55 million in endorsements but he, and those like him, seem to be the top .001%. What I have found is that most track & field athletes make very little money. I'm sure she has a plan and I hope it works out for her, but would love to have seen her stay at UK and competed in the Olympics as a UK student. Saw an interview with her recently and she was very positive about her UK experience to this point.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

I would be surprised if there wasn't already a tacit agreement from Nike to make her an advertising star. She's as close to s sure thing to win gold as there is and she's gorgeous.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    I would be surprised if there wasn't already a tacit agreement from Nike to make her an advertising star. She's as close to s sure thing to win gold as there is and she's gorgeous.
    That is just it. The NCAA won't say a word about track and field or tennis. The NCAA is concerned about the one and done in the organization's most profitable sport: men's basketball. Men's basketball, or specifically the tournament itself, is where the NCAA makes most of its money. Colleges receive football money from tv and bowls which the NCAA gets very little.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

I can say with great certainty, great looks don't always help.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I would be surprised if there wasn't already a tacit agreement from Nike to make her an advertising star. She's as close to sure thing to win gold as there is and she's gorgeous.
    Rules!

Last edited by kybobcat; 06-11-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kybobcat View Post
    Rules!

You saved him from a blatant rules violation. Much appreciated!

Another one-and-done from Kentucky! Sydney McLaughlin to turn pro