Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Justify!!

OT: Justify!!

Wow, just wow!!

Three years ago we were debating whether another horse would ever win another triple crown... now a second triple crown winner in three years.

Wire to wire with an almost 2 length win over the place horse, Gronkowski, with Hofburg showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

One and Done

Re: OT: Justify!!

Such a great time for horse racing! What a horse!!!

A superstar.

It may seem old hat currently but we may not see another Triple Crown for many a year

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Mike Smith had him loping down the back stretch still maintaining about a lengths lead. The horse exploded at the top of he stretch, through the third turn I think the last place horse was only 7 lengths back,which was Gronk that ended up 2nd almost two lengths back. Nobel Indy who finished last was 54 lengths back.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

That's quite a kick!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Baffert sucks and so does winstar.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
    A heck of a horse regardless.

I really expected him to fade about the 1/4 to 1/8th pole and come in 4th or 5th and when he held the lead and Smith did not really have to go to the whip I was amazed at the horses effort and stamina.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    A heck of a horse regardless.
    Yep, be interesting to see if he runs him in the Travers Stakes, and then again n the Breeders Cup.

Justify will be back at Churchill on Monday...

Last edited by blueboss; 06-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
    No judgment, but why the hate? Just curious..I know the Ownership for AMERICAN Pharoah was not good..

Unforgettable

The pictures of Cal and Brad watching in the stands were funny. They truly enjoyed the moment.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    No judgment, but why the hate? Just curious..I know the Ownership for AMERICAN Pharoah was not good..
    That's a really good question.

I left Kentucky in 1995 and at that time, I was REALLY into Horse Racing as my grandfather was still training and racing. I think I carried an inherited bias towards him. My personal observations from watching him on TV is that he seemed really smug. My first few years in Chicago and meeting some other horse owners, that feeling was emboldened, but I don't think it was anything more than like a George Steinbrenner type emotion.

Now, especially after American Pharoah, I ask myself, why did I not like him?

Now when I look back on it, he's not any different from most I've met in the industry. I'm trying to reshape my opinion, void of implicit bias, and really try to appreciate what he's brought to a sport that I really love when nobody seems to care, even though the ratings may suggest otherwise. That too, Baffert deserves credit.

Sometimes feelings aren’t rational. Also, I don’t like how winstar conducts business.

I am not a horse racing regular. How does Windstar do business?

Not to speak for Herb, but i know he has horse racing in his blood from conversations here.
    He may refer to things that probably mean little to the casual fan.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/579539281...#sp=show-clips

According to this George Soros is part owner in Justify!

Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Unforgettable

Not much controversy there IMHO. Sure Restoring Hope was sacrificed for the benefit of Justify, but that's horse racing. It's been going on as long as I have followed racing.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Not much controversy there IMHO. Sure Restoring Hope was sacrificed for the benefit of Justify, but that's horse racing. It's been going on as long as I have followed racing.
    No it's not new, but I don't see it played out this publicly very often. Nothing will come of it, but thought it was interesting.

What's most interesting from what I could discern is the comments from the blocking horse's owner, who doesn't seem happy with the situation. Now that could be CYA, or could be he wasn't in on it. I do find that potentially interesting to follow.

Justify didn’t race as a Two year old. What he did during this run has NEVER happened..it’s pretty remarkable

Pat Forde chimes in: (Hey, I warned you)

So it seems clear that what happened at Belmont Saturday wasn’t new, and it will probably happen more frequently in coming years if the best horses continue to cluster in the hands of a few trainers and owners. Under the current rules of the sport, using one horse as a blocker for another is simply smart racing strategy. But it could further corrode the already rusty credibility of the sport.

https://sports.yahoo.com/justify-des...211808017.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Pat Forde chimes in: (Hey, I warned you)

So it seems clear that what happened at Belmont Saturday wasn’t new, and it will probably happen more frequently in coming years if the best horses continue to cluster in the hands of a few trainers and owners. Under the current rules of the sport, using one horse as a blocker for another is simply smart racing strategy. But it could further corrode the already rusty credibility of the sport.

https://sports.yahoo.com/justify-des...211808017.html

Nobody was catching that horse

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Nobody was catching that horse
    Agreed, not even close, imo.

I’m surprised there wasn’t more push back in the fact that Windstar held Audible out of the Belmont.

A lot of handicappers we’re touting Audible as being more suited to handle the extra length of the Belmont, than most of the other entries.

... don’t want your own horse to beat your own horse.

The owners said it was the right thing to do for the sake of the horse,(Audible), wasn’t in race shape.

In my mind it’s a no brainer, have a horse win the earnings from the Belmont, while giving up the earnings and infamy of the Triple Crown. Never mind stud fees.

After having seen the race Justify ran on Saturday, I personally don’t think there’s a horse out there that could beat Justify.

I just saw them show Secretariat's Belmont win right after Justify's win. Hard to believe Secretariat was over 4 seconds faster....WOW. Isn't that about 25 lengths? What a dominant horse that was!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I just saw them show Secretariat's Belmont win right after Justify's win. Hard to believe Secretariat was over 4 seconds faster....WOW. Isn't that about 25 lengths? What a dominant horse that was!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Everyone's pretty much playing for second behind Secretariat.

Secretariat was absolutely unbelievable! He was untouchable..................unless you were a horse named Onion!

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Secretariat was absolutely unbelievable! He was untouchable..................unless you were a horse named Onion!
    So does Baffert skip the Whitney Stakes? Or just wait for the Breeders Cup Classic and meet the winner of the “giant killer” there?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So does Baffert skip the Whitney Stakes? Or just wait for the Breeders Cup Classic and meet the winner of the “giant killer” there?

He'll probably go in the Travers, then lay off for the rest of the summer. Might bring him back for a tune-up in October, but I doubt it if he's undefeated. If he wins the Travers, they'll probably just put him on the shelf until the Classic.

Is the travers the race where both secretariat and AP lost?