Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Campus justice today: Salem witch trials

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/s...gan-state.html

From the far right? No, from the New York Times. I regret my vote to agree to the Obama Dept of Justice demands after they investigated University of Montana. It is not upholding the constitution. It is not american jurisprudence. But make no mistake, on campuses all across america, men are being persecuted for using a phrase or comment someine took objection to, and are losing their jobs in what has become the 21st century equivalent of the Salem witch trials.

Re: Campus justice today: Salem witch trials

Pretty scary. Glad I'm married and 60+. Can't imagine having to navigate the ever-changing social mores of today.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is important to see this problem and the many sides of the issue.

Leftism, not liberalism but Leftism, has become a religion, and a very vehement one to boot. As such, it operates by attacking anyone who disagrees with it as a heretic. It doesn't debate their views or engage in discussion, it simply claims that anyone who disagrees is evil and immoral in some way.

So now if you disagree with anything in the LEftist mantra it's b/c your'e a racist, sexist homophobe. b/c if you weren't you'd obviously agree with them, so by definition that's what you must be if you disagree.

It's a tidy arrangement, has worked well for the imposition of fascism for millennia.

On a more regional level it's also humorous b/c these are the same people who bristled like cats when the New Right movement of the 80s was in full swing. They're kissing cousins in terms of methods.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Worse, any person with a differing point of view “triggers” some far left person who can anonymously complain about their triggered feat and get that more conservative person fired or tossed off campus.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Worse, any person with a differing point of view “triggers” some far left person who can anonymously complain about their triggered feat and get that more conservative person fired or tossed off campus.
    Exactly. Modern day excommunication. The whole "triggering" and "safe space" thing is brilliant in its concept, the notion that people have a right to not hear things that may upset them or question their views, and if you do you are somehow infringing on them.

they have in one deft moved completely removed the fundamental notions of freedom of expression and speech from the table.

The funny and sad part is they can't see that they've become the thing they say they dislike most, totalitarians.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I think and think you agree, left leans totalitarian anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I think and think you agree, left leans totalitarian anyway
    They way more than lean.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Posted this over 5 years ago. Harvard has proved every fear and suspicion I had was true. They’ve violated every other ethic just to push the dei kangaroo courts.

This is mostly about climate change and is linked in that thread, but near the end it drifts into the subject of this thread. Somewhere around the 1 hour and 15 min mark it begins, and bigsky might find the college in formation to be insightful.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.