Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

How About a Vacation Thread

Just getting ready to head home after two weeks (10 days)on the beach at Perdido Key...

Great food, weather and the people were great. Along with that, the fishing from the surf was pretty good, had a couple of slow days but tore it up on a couple of others.

How’s everyone else’s trips been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: How About a Vacation Thread

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Shouldn't we re-title this the "rub it in your face" thread? The PG version?

Reminds me to go get lottery tickets. I should be retired sitting in bars, not working like a dog and sitting in bars otherwise.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Shouldn't we re-title this the "rub it in your face" thread? The PG version?
    Man, you said what I was thinking!

In all seriousness, my summer is so in flux. My daughter from college just arrived home last night, and my son is still in school through next week. I have college hunting, and soccer camps this summer, so I'll use that as my excuse not to have a vacation planned, but the reality is, it's probably going to be skipped this year. Lot of expenses this year anyway, so that suits me fine.

Donna and i were just invited by our Daughter and Son-in-law to vacation free with them at Ormand beach in June.

All we have to do is buy our evening meals. Trip and a queen bed for us is furnished..

Of course they have the ever inquisitive "Baby "Im the star of this show" Kaleb" (he is three now) Presley, my little star gymnast (she is six), and Noah who knows as much about the worlds animal kingdom as any professor. (he is eight) and my "strait A's again", "where's my ball glove?', "I need ketchup". Abbie ( who is 12 going on 22) and who will be our main help in keeping the others calm and satisfied.

You see, grandparents receive certain perks that come with conditions. We will be the ones to worry about the little ones most, allowing mom and dad to enjoy the beach a little more than otherwise and have a late evening or two to themselves.

i am pumped though. I could not go this year if not for this. And it 'aint work chasing grandkids..it's my favorite thing in life.
    Last edited by kingcat; 05-20-2018 at 11:45 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Dave that sounds about perfect to me, too.

This kind of thing will likely be my vacation this summer. Finding days to go to the ballpark.

Here's a shot from somebody today (not me) from Regions Park. That's a real photo, not a painting. Isn't it gorgeous if you are a baseball fan? I love minor league ball.

One of my friends has a vacation scheduled for the first two weeks of June - in Hawaii. Her her first 2 days are supposed to be in a national park that is currently closed, but I don’t know other details, other than i’m glad I haven’t paid for a trip there at this time. 🔥🔥🔥

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    One of my friends has a vacation scheduled for the first two weeks of June - in Hawaii. Her her first 2 days are supposed to be in a national park that is currently closed, but I don’t know other details, other than i’m glad I haven’t paid for a trip there at this time. 🔥🔥🔥
    Yeah, it could be a little worse than normal. There was minor erupting and lava flow when I went (way, way back in 1986). We took a helicopter tour and flew sorta around it where you could see the lava tubes, flew over the water where the lava was hitting the ocean, across a highway, where it had flattened houses, etc. What they're experiencing now is way worse, but if the logistics work out, it could be very cool. I have some great photos of it (back in the 35 mm film days) from the helicopter that are some of my favorite photos ever.

Rupp's Runt

Short trip to Gatlinburg in week or so. "Main" vacation will not be until Fall. Probably going to a beach close enough to drive over to Disney a day or two. But not 100% sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Man, you said what I was thinking!
    Yeah, my next vacation will be the holidays I imagine. Unless you count drunken stupors, I'm planning one of those hopefully for this week. I could use a couple. May start tonight. yeah, that's the ticket....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I’d like to do another day or weekend trip to a few sites throughout Kentucky. A few years ago, I spent time at Perryville, Bardstown and Hodgenville, with a stop at Fort Harrod thrown in.

I might try that again, perhaps adding Danville, but I also thought about a trip to Lexington to see the Hunt-Morgan and Mary Todd Lincoln house museums and Lexington Cemetery. Camp Nelson and battlefields at Richmond and Mill Spring could be part of such a trip too.

I guess this is the anti-“rub it in your face” post.

#nerdvacations

I believe we have the G-son for a week in the first part of June. Ms. boss said something about a long weekend excursion somewhere. We’re looking for something in the 100 mile radius of the Louisville area to take him to. Haven’t firmed up the dates yet, so I really haven’t looked too hard.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I’d like to see the Ark in Grant Co.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Maybe the Newport Aquarium....

If you do that, you may want to walk across the bridge and see a Reds game (though you’re a Dodgers fan.) There are a lot of restaurants and a park on the Cincinnati riverfront too.

Next to the aquarium is Newport on the Levee, with a few restaurants plus Gameworks, which your kiddo might like.

If the weather is nice, the view of the river and downtown Cincinnati is awfully nice.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Maybe the Newport Aquarium....

Vacation at Doc's house

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc's whole life is a vacation. I live vicariously through him!

(Doc, my daughter arrived home from school this weekend. I started to post a pic of my driveway and got too depressed.)

New Doc 2018-05-21.jpg

Current configuration.

1 is blocked in unless 4 is working early. Which she does. Sometimes. If not, then 4 has to be moved and slides behind 2, which blocks in 2, and sometimes 3.

4 sometimes leaves early, as does 2 (both work in summer at same place). But they don't work every day, and days are random and change.

2 is me and I usually leave around 8, but that depends. Sometimes it depends on if 4 has slid behind me.

5 leaves around 7 each morning, slightly after 4 and 3 leave each day so he could park where 1, 2 or 3 is. Except he can't be blocked in by 2 because he leaves before 2, and 4 and 3 run the risk of not working.

6 works night shift, so rather than parking awkwardly outside the driveway (she doesn't want to be blocked in, at anytime), she could park where 1, 2 or 3 is. Leaves at 6. Except 2 is often home before 6, and 1 and 3 are sometimes. Hence, she parks awkwardly.

The current configuration requires the sliding of 4 to a spot behind 2 or 3 on occasion, and then again if needed. Plus the current configuration sometimes requires the sliding of 5--if you notice how it is parked, the angle is bad. Why? Because it is often parked at a bad angle. I have stressed to park parallel to 4, but that doesn't seem to resonate. So occasionally it will block 3 (next to 3 is the garage, which we use --heck, I'm not sure what it is used for. Anything but storing cars), and sometimes it will block 2 (larger SUV and wiggling out of the spot sometimes requires some manipulation.)

That's most of it. Unless my daughter is visiting. Then there's a 7 that is added.

My neighbors hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I’d like to see the Ark in Grant Co.
    Loved. It.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

3 or 4 day get away to Bowling Green. Visit Beech Bend Park, corvette museum, Lost River Cave and valley. If the Hot Rods are in town, take in a night baseball game. If you are going to be there on the 8th, check out Nadine the Church Lady at SkyPac..
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    New Doc 2018-05-21.jpg

Current configuration.

1 is blocked in unless 4 is working early. Which she does. Sometimes. If not, then 4 has to be moved and slides behind 2, which blocks in 2, and sometimes 3.

4 sometimes leaves early, as does 2 (both work in summer at same place). But they don't work every day, and days are random and change.

2 is me and I usually leave around 8, but that depends. Sometimes it depends on if 4 has slid behind me.

5 leaves around 7 each morning, slightly after 4 and 3 leave each day so he could park where 1, 2 or 3 is. Except he can't be blocked in by 2 because he leaves before 2, and 4 and 3 run the risk of not working.

6 works night shift, so rather than parking awkwardly outside the driveway (she doesn't want to be blocked in, at anytime), she could park where 1, 2 or 3 is. Leaves at 6. Except 2 is often home before 6, and 1 and 3 are sometimes. Hence, she parks awkwardly.

The current configuration requires the sliding of 4 to a spot behind 2 or 3 on occasion, and then again if needed. Plus the current configuration sometimes requires the sliding of 5--if you notice how it is parked, the angle is bad. Why? Because it is often parked at a bad angle. I have stressed to park parallel to 4, but that doesn't seem to resonate. So occasionally it will block 3 (next to 3 is the garage, which we use --heck, I'm not sure what it is used for. Anything but storing cars), and sometimes it will block 2 (larger SUV and wiggling out of the spot sometimes requires some manipulation.)

That's most of it. Unless my daughter is visiting. Then there's a 7 that is added.

My neighbors hate me.
    I love a joke that nobody gets but me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I love a joke that nobody gets but me.
    If we don't laugh, we cry...

I'm down to TWO CARS in my driveway. Finally got rid of the 7 year squatter. Did it by moving and telling him he wasnt going with us...and that isnt a joke. We literally said "you are not moving with us" and it cause some hard feelings.

At least you didn't have to sue for eviction.