Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Another interesting day

At the Historical Society today, I helped lead a tour by a group of children from a small local school (1st - 8th grades) and was pleasantly surprised by how interested they were in our files, even more than the museum displays. Many of the kids dug out files, looking for familiar names. One boy found an obituary of his grandfather. I could not hear of the grandfather had died just before or after the boy was born, but I did see the poor boy starting to cry as his chaperone held him.

Another girl found her name listed as a survivor in her great-grandmother’s obituary and was happy about that. Others found names of ancestors in obituaries or military files and a few proudly told me about their families’ military service. “My grandfather was in the army” or “my uncle was in Vietnam,” etc.

The kids were full of energy, but well-behaved and, again, very interested in our displays and files. It was great to see such true interest and their energy in searching out information. I was, honestly, proud to be there. I hope we helped spark some interest today.

Re: Another interesting day

Very cool. LIke you I hope some of those seeds germinate. Some will.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.