Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yet Another Roster Update...

From Matt Jones...

Said that PJ has now does not need a first round guarantee, but an indication that he will be chosen in the first half of the 2nd round. Now is saying he's gone.

Said Vanderbilt really wants to stay in the draft, but situations are basically going to keeping him at UK. Says he stays.

Nothing on Wenyen.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: Yet Another Roster Update...

If we can land Travis, I take him over PJ all day. Get Vanderbilt back, add Hagans and let’s roll

Maybe we can hang PJ’s Jersey in the basement.

Thanks for the updates. Wish I could still get Jones’ show.

Darryl

Appreciate the updates as well as I cannot always listen.

My working assumption just based on all the buzz is that PJ is gonna go as is Gabriel but that JV returns. My working HOPE just from all the buzz is that Cal indeed has Travis in the bag. I would be surprised by that, but people who know more than me keep suggesting it.

I was told that Cal feels good about Travis because he can sell him on playing a lot more PF, especially when he's on the court with Richards, in contrast to Duke who no doubt will stick Travis down at the 5. From my vantage point, that sounds nice and all but in reality, our starting bigs should be JV and Travis and that would put Travis at the 5.

If we have any 2 of PJ, Gabriel, Travis, and JV, I'll be happy. Some of those combos are better than others. At least one needs to be Travis or PJ I'd say.

Richards is going to start at the 5. And I believe he should. But even if I didn't I would still nearly guarantee you he will.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Richards is going to start at the 5. And I believe he should. But even if I didn't I would still nearly guarantee you he will.
    It seems Cal is loyal to that, but Travis will be the best big on the roster and if JV is healthy, how could you sit him?

The strange thing with Matt Jones on the Travis topic, he won't mention him by name anytime it comes up. He said without saying that if there's still a need, that he'll solve the problem. I feel that he's implying that it's in the bag if needed.

I don't know why he doesn't give it up on that topic, especially when you consider that he let out two Cal secrets this week, one sworn to big secrecy. One being that he and Ellen had a legitimate domestic dispute over the blue/yellow dress thing a while back. The second being that Cal likes to hide out at the Golden Corral once a month and sometimes his staff join him and likes to wrap up his "meal" with a big plate of whipped cream(the violation, although is was actually Drew that slipped up).

I have no idea why he can't tell us more on Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    If we can land Travis, I take him over PJ all day. Get Vanderbilt back, add Hagans and let’s roll

Maybe we can hang PJ’s Jersey in the basement.

Thanks for the updates. Wish I could still get Jones’ show.

Darryl

Hate to hear that about PJ. Not a good decision, IMHO. As I was looking at the NBA Combine measurables, I had two thoughts for PJ.

1) He ought to look at that, and think, "man, I can be a high draft pick if I come back next year and perform on the court. My measurables are very good, considering my height, and knocking down a double-double average on a really good team, and I'm lottery."

2) He wouldn't think that way. He'd think, "man, this may be my ticket to the NBA this year."

I was hoping # 2) would be wrong. Evidently it is not.

Thanks for the info, Stu. I didn't like hearing it, but I greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunately for PJ we will look back 5 years and place him in the Lamb, Teague, DJ group.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    The strange thing with Matt Jones on the Travis topic, he won't mention him by name anytime it comes up. He said without saying that if there's still a need, that he'll solve the problem. I feel that he's implying that it's in the bag if needed.

I don't know why he doesn't give it up on that topic, especially when you consider that he let out two Cal secrets this week, one sworn to big secrecy. One being that he and Ellen had a legitimate domestic dispute over the blue/yellow dress thing a while back. The second being that Cal likes to hide out at the Golden Corral once a month and sometimes his staff join him and likes to wrap up his "meal" with a big plate of whipped cream(the violation, although is was actually Drew that slipped up).

I have no idea why he can't tell us more on Travis.
    Because hasn’t withdrawn from the draft nor has he said he was even transferring

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    At least one needs to be Travis or PJ I'd say.
    This is the key IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hate to hear that about PJ. Not a good decision, IMHO. As I was looking at the NBA Combine measurables, I had two thoughts for PJ.

1) He ought to look at that, and think, "man, I can be a high draft pick if I come back next year and perform on the court. My measurables are very good, considering my height, and knocking down a double-double average on a really good team, and I'm lottery."

2) He wouldn't think that way. He'd think, "man, this may be my ticket to the NBA this year."

I was hoping # 2) would be wrong. Evidently it is not.

Thanks for the info, Stu. I didn't like hearing it, but I greatly appreciate it.
    I don't like it either, but maybe his thought is "hey, if I can get a year or two guaranteed, I can definitely work on my jump shot, year around, with no school obligations and get a first round type guarantee in dollars and commitment before I turn 22". Which could lead to a 2nd contract at 26.

PJ's vertical today was "only" 34 inches. Strange, as last year it was 43-inches at the UK on-campus combine for NBA teams. That's peculiar.

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    PJ's vertical today was "only" 34 inches. Strange, as last year it was 43-inches at the UK on-campus combine for NBA teams. That's peculiar.
    That is a huge difference. Not sure if incorrect info or something is wrong?

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by snoopcat View Post
    That is a huge difference. Not sure if incorrect info or something is wrong?
    I never believed that 43 inch vertical, PJ had more shots blocked of anybody since Chuck Hayes was at UK

Darryl

Plain and simple PJ should come back. Yes we have a ton of guards, but we all know Cal likes his post guys. I’m just frustrated that the whole world sees he will not get drafted in the first round and may not in the second

I believe PJ is gone as well. Tons of social media pics in the past few weeks, and none of them in UK gear. He's clearly moved on.

Sounds like a pretty good indication to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I believe PJ is gone as well. Tons of social media pics in the past few weeks, and none of them in UK gear. He's clearly moved on.

Goodbye PJ.

First scrimmage.

If he gets in the first round, good for him...

I’ll welcome him back with open arms, but if he doesn’t, his 12 free throws will be only memory of him

PJ's 6-5 measurement from the combine that Larry Vaught tweeted out isn't going to help him.

How about the 6-6.5 without shoes and 6-8 with shoes measurements the NBA lists?

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    PJ's 6-5 measurement from the combine that Larry Vaught tweeted out isn't going to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    How about the 6-6.5 without shoes and 6-8 with shoes measurements the NBA lists?

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/
    Looks like Larry had some bad info.

@vaughtsviews: RT @JerryTipton: Height no shoes: Washington 6'5'', Diallo 6'4.25'', Shai 6'4 1/2, Knox 6'7 3/4''

m.twitter.com/vaughtsviews

Or a typo

Though ev3n 6-8 is not ideal for a power player

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Or a typo

Though ev3n 6-8 is not ideal for a power player
    More like a wing in the NBA.

PJ Washington said he wants a 1st round guarrantee, if it is a second round he will go back to school. He is saying it on a video, “just like he talked with Cal about” . On Wkyt

PJ Washington says he wants a first round guarantee to stay in the draft. If he gets second round guarantee he's coming back to UK. @howardwkyt

Seems like pretty fresh news

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    PJ Washington said he wants a 1st round guarrantee, if it is a second round he will go back to school. He is saying it on a video, “just like he talked with Cal about” . On Wkyt

Very definitive statement. So much for the consensus that he was “desperate to leave.”

Sometimes it makes more sense to listen to what the kid and his family say and not buy into the unfounded rumors and scuttlebutt that become accepted as fact so easily.

Is this a guarantee that PJ comes back? Of course not. He could get bad advice, he could even get a guarantee, although I doubt it. But it is consistent with both common sense and what his Dad has said since the beginning of this process.

Good pickup.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    PJ Washington says he wants a first round guarantee to stay in the draft. If he gets second round guarantee he's coming back to UK. @howardwkyt

Seems like pretty fresh news