Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Ten teams have clinched SEC basetball tournament spots (including Kentucky)

SEC's release today says that 10 teams have clinched a spot in the SEC Tournament next week:

Arkansas
    Auburn
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Texas A&M
    Vanderbilt

Battling for the other two spots?

Missouri, Mississippi State, and Tennessee. Alabama (I think) has been eliminated.

Re: Ten teams have clinched SEC basetball tournament spots (including Kentucky)

Other tidbits from the release today.

Kentucky's pitching rotation this week will include Sean Hjelle in Game 1, and Zach Thompson in Game 3. Thompson normally pitches in Game 2, but Game 3 puts him on the right amount of rest, since the final week of the season begins on Thursday, not Friday.

Game 2 is TBA. Justin Lewis is nursing some elbow or ligament injury. Didn't sound serious, but missed last week, and I understood he'd be available this week some. Doubt he would start, but if he's relatively healthy, he could be a great setup guy in a game.

Kentucky has averaged 3,269 this year in attendance through 28 games.

SEC:

1. LSU 10,784
    2. Ole Miss 8,760
    3. Arkansas 7,736
    4. South Carolina 6,748
    5. Miss. State 5,819
    6. Texas A&M 5,059
    7. Florida 4,083

8. Kentucky 3,269
    9. Alabama 3,166
    10. Auburn 2,907
    11. Vanderbilt 2,833
    12. Georgia 2,197
    13. Tennessee 1,721
    14. Missouri 841

Not that it is all that relevant today, but the current SEC Tournament Seedings are (including tiebreakers):

1. Florida
    2. Arkansas
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Georgia

5. South Carolina
    6. LSU
    7. Kentucky
    8. Auburn

9. Vanderbilt
    10. Texas A&M
    11. Miss. State
    12. Tennessee

13. Missouri
    14. Alabama

SEC Tournament begins Tuesday. As it stands now, if Kentucky stays the # 7 seed (good chance they'll move, but hey, what the heck), Kentucky would play the # 10 seed -- Texas A&M -- at 1 p.m. CT. Loser goes home, winner continues into the double elimination portion of the tournament.

Tuesday's schedule:

Game 1: 9:30 a.m. # 6 v # 11
    Game 2: 1 p.m. # 7 v # 10
    Game 3: 4:30 p.m. # 8 v # 9
    Game 4: 8 p.m. # 5 v # 12

This isn't related to the SEC Baseball tournament, but I don't want to litter the board entirely with baseball stuff today, and I figure all UK baseball fans will be reading this thread eventually anyway--

But Kendall Rogers, who is very tied into college baseball, does not think that John Cohen will attempt to lure Nick Mingione to Miss. State. He cites the fact that Cohen helped Mingione get the UK job, and Cohen is very good friends with Mitch Barnhart.

I don't know if that is enough or not, but I bow to his superior opinion to my own.

Unforgettable

Good to know Darrell. Thanks!
    Real Fan since 1958