Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Do you believe Rick Pitino when he says he told Adidas officials

"I'm not asking you to help me, I just don't want you to hurt me," (about Langford--telling them not to promote him to UCLA and other schools).

That's a twitter poll Howie Lindsey has. He didn't ask for just UofL fans to vote on it, so I voted. When he said, "Do you believe Rick Pitino," I pretty much knew the correct answer.

https://twitter.com/howielindsey/sta...97373653487617

Surprisingly, only 57% of the people say they don't believe him. Surely people aren't that naive.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-17-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Bombino

Re: Do you believe Rick Pitino when he says he told Adidas officials

He and Hillary ought to join together and tour together on their "excuse" tour and save expenses. Sad and pathologically imo.

It doesn't surprise me. Part of it is being naive, but mostly people believe what they want to believe regardless of facts, evidence, etc. No reason it isn't also true of UL fans who want to worship Pitino and think their program is innocent.

It's nonsense, it doesn't pass the duck test by a mile, but doesn't surprise me.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Sorry, I had the wrong link. I fixed it.

It's now 60% don't believe RP, 40% do. It really ought to be 90-10. Not even 10% ought to believe him. There's not that much sand to stick your head into, is there?

Unforgettable

"Do you believe Rick Pitino when..."

No

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    "Do you believe Rick Pitino when..."

No

Beat me to it.

He lies so much I'm not sure he even remembers what is true. Now see, at the end of that previous sentence you would usually write 'anymore'. But with Pitino, there was never a time when he didn't always lie that much from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    He and Hillary ought to join together and tour together on their "excuse" tour and save expenses. Sad and pathologically imo.
    Funny you say that. My approach with Pitino is the same that it is with Trump. I listen to what they have to say and then go completely opposite to find out what is true. It's a MUCH shorter distance.

So, the answer to the question of the thread. No, I don't believe Pitino, but there's at least probably something there that did happen, just not like he's presented it at all.

I have no doubt Adidas would do whatever to put him in one of their schools, by hook or crook. But I doubt they cared if it was UL, KS, IU or whatever. They paid his dad to keep him in the fold. No different than Nike did with Bagley, or plenty of examples. But the idea that Pitino (or Self, etc) would reject him because he took $$ from the shoe company isnt something I'll believe. What, he got scruples at some point? This is the guy who porked a skank on a restaurant table then had an underling take that mistress for an abortion...but he will say "no thanks" to Langford?

I strongly suspect this Adidas came up during the summer world game and Cal wanted nothing to do with it or him hence the benching.

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Iíll only believe Pitino if he ever says ďI am a lying worthless scumbagĒ.