Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Dave Neal on Kentucky Football!

"Kentucky fans have reasons to be excited about the upcoming season". I just heard the end of Tom Leach's interview with him this morning. If anyone heard the full interview and can fill us in pls. do so. Think he followed that up with something like, "Of course we need to see results on the field"

Re: Dave Neal on Kentucky Football!

Thanks, Terry. I consider myself a realist, and love hearing the optimistic stuff as much or more than anything else. Balance, in life.

Unforgettable

Most likely David Knows he will be relegated to doing many Kentucky games this year. Probably wants to help MB and Terry keep the hype going. Nothing like trying to do a TV broadcast with 30k empty seats.
    Real Fan since 1958

I don't remember going to any games last year with 30k empty seats. Most fans I know are, I would say cautiously excited about the season. They see the depth of talent growing each season and 15 starters returning, including several projected draft picks. A lot more reasons to be optimistic than pessimistic

In a way too early bowl projection, Sporting News picks us in the Military Bowl probably thinking we win 6 games. As for me and I surmise anyone involved with the team or program, anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing

8 or 9 wins will be great. That's the kind of thing we could build on as well.

I see this season as one that may tell us the current direction of the program under present leadership. Win 8, maybe a bowl, and we could be on our way to bigger and better things. Win 5 or 6, and it might tell us we're not going to make progress where we would like to go under this leadership.

Or not. But it kinda sounds like a decent litmus test to me.

This will be the most talented and experienced group of the Stoops era. Several potential draft picks on the team including a couple of potential 1st rounders. If this team canít make a splash and win 8-9 games and a bowl game, I think it will be all downhill for Stoops from that point.

Agree with this completely! 8-9 wins I'm happy, less than that, let's find someone else to further right the ship!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    8 or 9 wins will be great. That's the kind of thing we could build on as well.

I see this season as one that may tell us the current direction of the program under present leadership. Win 8, maybe a bowl, and we could be on our way to bigger and better things. Win 5 or 6, and it might tell us we're not going to make progress where we would like to go under this leadership.

Or not. But it kinda sounds like a decent litmus test to me.
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    In a way too early bowl projection, Sporting News picks us in the Military Bowl probably thinking we win 6 games. As for me and I surmise anyone involved with the team or program, anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing
    Terry you said the same thing last year about 8 wins but yet you were not disappointed. Will wait until next year to hear all the excuses again

Yes, I WAS disappointed, because I predicted 8 wins. I never make my official prediction until the week of the first game but I hope to be able to predict that many or more this year. There is a difference in being disappointeD and calling for the staff to all be dismissed

Who would you consider a first rounder on this team?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    This will be the most talented and experienced group of the Stoops era. Several potential draft picks on the team including a couple of potential 1st rounders. If this team can’t make a splash and win 8-9 games and a bowl game, I think it will be all downhill for Stoops from that point.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

62 games is enough to get a pretty good feel for how things will go, it's really time for your good ole boy stoops to show that he is capable of running a big ole boy SEC team.

Yes, I WAS disappointed, because I predicted 8 wins. I never make my official prediction until the week of the first game but I hope to be able to predict that many or more this year. There is a difference in being disappointeD and calling for the staff to all be dismissed

I fully get the optimism for this team with all the returning starters and by the way some get off on that but if you were average when you started chances are you will be average the next year and the defensive starters have yet to really show any improvement and in one case a regression or two cases and westry and jones both played worse last year compared to the previous year.
    Talking about teams with new coaches ok, UK never beats Florida or Miss st and yes UK has beaten USC 4 years in a row but that team beat Michigan and won 9 games I believe. Then there is Missouri and the well we beat them last year ok and their top QB is returning and that is a road game.
    UT has a new coach, again road game and a team with many talented players on there.

The big hold up for me is that Stoops has not show he can build an SEC defense and he is a defensive minded coach, hasn't shown he can manage a game on a consistent basis.
    New QB
    The one and only plus I see is Snell.

If this is being negative so be it but this is reality in my view as I put down the blue tinted glasses.

Time will tell. I consider a 5 to 8 win prediction very realistic. A prediction of less than 5 pessimistic and more than 8 optimistic

Time will tell. I consider a 5 to 8 win prediction very realistic. A prediction of less than 5 pessimistic and more than 8 optimistic
    That's a very realistic range.

Super Kitten

We have 9 games against BCS teams. Based on that you are predicting:

2-7 record against BCS
    5-4 record against BCS

Sorry if I canít get real excited about best case scenario being a game above .500. This is exactly what is wrong with our program.

Right now I'm looking at 8-4
    We haven't won 8 games in a regular season in 34 years! That would be major accomplishment and step forward. Not saying winning more than that is impossible just optimistic to predict given our history. I've seen predictions here of 4 or 5 wins or worse

Right now I'm looking at 8-4
    We haven't won 8 games in a regular season in 34 years! That would be major accomplishment and step forward. Not saying winning more than that is impossible just optimistic to predict given our history. I've seen predictions here of 4 or 5 wins or worse
    Seriously, Terry takes a lot of flack for being too optimistic, but how can anyone argue with this? He's right. Winning 8 games in the regular season would be a step up. Is it where we want to end up as a program? No, at least, not for most of us. We want more. But we're not going to go undefeated this season. Just not realistic. So focusing on improvement year-by-year seems to me, to be a very sensible and realistic goal.

Terry and I agree on the range, and agree on what we'd like to see this year (the high end of the range). Terry and I may not agree on the predictions--I'm a little tentative right now, but I'm leaning toward the lower end of the range. But it ought to be somewhere in the range. And if it is the high end of the range, it's hard to be disappointed with that.

Having said that, I'll be watching every game and go into every game with the hope that we'll win, no matter the opponent. EVERY game. Nothing wrong with an unexpected 15-0 season .

5-6 wins is the range UK has been in for 35+ years and we just accept it and for those that do not we are negative.
    UK's history tells most everyone that 5-6 wins will be the max but there is a great change that 4-5 wins is max with this team and coaching staff.

Honesty the flack he takes is his approach to others on this board and believing he is some insider and trying to force his opinions down on everyone and if you do not agree you are negative.
    This is a message board and the best but all we share is opinions and everyone has that and the right to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Seriously, Terry takes a lot of flack for being too optimistic, but how can anyone argue with this? He's right. Winning 8 games in the regular season would be a step up. Is it where we want to end up as a program? No, at least, not for most of us. We want more. But we're not going to go undefeated this season. Just not realistic. So focusing on improvement year-by-year seems to me, to be a very sensible and realistic goal.

Terry and I agree on the range, and agree on what we'd like to see this year (the high end of the range). Terry and I may not agree on the predictions--I'm a little tentative right now, but I'm leaning toward the lower end of the range. But it ought to be somewhere in the range. And if it is the high end of the range, it's hard to be disappointed with that.

Having said that, I'll be watching every game and go into every game with the hope that we'll win, no matter the opponent. EVERY game. Nothing wrong with an unexpected 15-0 season .

I would like to see where I ever said I was an insider, ha. I've also never said folks can't post their opinions. I don't think I know any UK fans who accept 5 or 6 wins. We'D all like to win a National Championship. If Stoops hadn't gotten 6 wins by now he wouldn't be our coach. On the one hand some of you would like to see me predict 9 or 10 wins, yet you think we'll win 5 or 6.

Predictions are just opinions and we all like seeing the different ranges, I will stick to the 5-6 range leaning to 5 wins based off 5 years with Stoops.

Super Kitten

My prediction is 6 wins which in turn is a record 3-6 against BCS schools. To me that is no good yet Stoops will be awarded. It is our culture.

He would probably not get fired, if that is being rewarded. At some point we will have to break that 8 win barrier. I'm glad I don't have to say when. It would be easy if we had a couple of sub 6 win seasons in a row but not so much if we keep winning 6 or 7 going to bowl games

With the 12 games it is so much easier to go to a bowl every year and still go 2-6 in the SEC, that is not good would like to see 4-4 or 5-3 year in and year out that shows improvement.