Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jarred Vanderbilt skipping combine

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    His father certainly does not have an obligation to disclose that information publicly, but he should be realistic enough to know that such silence will lead to speculation. Right or wrong, that’s what happens with public figures. Sometimes it might be better to acknowledge the issue instead of letting speculation grow, but that is the family’s choice.
    Unless he (and UK staff) doesn't know. Reminds me of Jodie Meeks sport hernia. I recall nobody could figure out what the hell was going on. Some even though he wasn't being "tough enough". Others a muscle pull, etc... or Derrick Jasper where some claimed he had microfracture surgery but other didn't, etc...

Its a fine line. You're dealing with a kids future and what comes out has the potential to cost a player millions of dollars. I fully understand a parents desire to keep an injury quiet. I don't know how he is treating privately but I suspect he is a good father (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) and he is taking it very seriously.

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Itís certainly a tough situation and I understand the desire for privacy. I personally am not questioning the father or his motives.

If they seriously are not sure what is wrong, then say so, but even if they donít tell the public, theyíre not going to be able to hide it from the NBA, whose opinions matters much more than what fans think or what becomes public.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Unless he (and UK staff) doesn't know. Reminds me of Jodie Meeks sport hernia. I recall nobody could figure out what the hell was going on. Some even though he wasn't being "tough enough". Others a muscle pull, etc... or Derrick Jasper where some claimed he had microfracture surgery but other didn't, etc...

Its a fine line. You're dealing with a kids future and what comes out has the potential to cost a player millions of dollars. I fully understand a parents desire to keep an injury quiet. I don't know how he is treating privately but I suspect he is a good father (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) and he is taking it very seriously.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Yes. It's a moral imperative. Our freedom and economic system depend on it. We should kick JV to the curb and bring in someone, anyone, who can ensure we are competitive.
    Who said kick the kid to the curb. I am saying get another big man if possible. We have been recruiting 30 guards this summer. If there is a slot available get tied Travis or someone who can play 20 minutes who isnít hurt.

Kicking Vando to the curb is revok My a scholarship. I AM NOT SAYING THAT.

Cal brings in new talent every year. I am saying get someone else because vando has a history of being hurt.

Keep him on the team. Play him if healthy. But get an experienced healthy body if possible.

The media raised Reid Travis as a possibility. Take him. If we can.

And yeah we need to field a competitive team.

Players first was sold as mutually beneficial to the player and the Program.

If guys donít play because they think game experience will hurt their draft stock, it is no longer a mutually beneficial relationship.

If I am a manager of any business and I know I have an employee who is out on workmanís comp, I know I have to get someone to cover the load somehow.

Vandoís injury history makes his availability a concern to the nba and it should to UK as well

Plan accordingly.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Yes. It's a moral imperative. Our freedom and economic system depend on it. We should kick JV to the curb and bring in someone, anyone, who can ensure we are competitive.
    Certainly, there is nothing competitive in college academics anymore. Why should college athletics be competitive?
    Real Fan since 1958

I hope JV comes back as he brings serious toughness when he is on the floor.

Having said that...the NBA Execs have made some poor decisions in the past. I get it. But what GM in their right mind would draft a guy who could not hit a 4 footer, has a serious injury history and won't even be working out for teams?
    That would literally be the most baffling GM decision I can remember and there have been plenty.
    I just don't see any way this guy gets drafted this year. Like none.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Certainly, there is nothing competitive in college academics anymore. Why should college athletics be competitive?
    I'd give you a trophy but odds are you already have one.

Unforgettable

I'd give you a trophy but odds are you already have one.

I’ll take it doc. Back in the day we earned our degrees and earned our trophies. In another 10 years job applicants will have to have a couple of post doctorate degrees to demonatrate they know anything.
    Real Fan since 1958

Reckon Killeya Jones asthma clears up now heís in the North Carolina air?

IF that is the problem....IF is a biggest 2 letter word in the English language.

Wasn't it you that repeatedly said his HS injury and college injury were not the same and unrelated?
    I thought both have been rumored to be stress fractures? I did mention that the HS injury and the Jordan Brand injury were unrelated as they were on different feet.

I may be able to care less, but you gotta work at it, like yanni vs laurel or whatever some former candidate for president has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I’ll take it doc. Back in the day we earned our degrees and earned our trophies. In another 10 years job applicants will have to have a couple of post doctorate degrees to demonatrate they know anything.
    Be sure to store it in your "safe space"