Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jarred Vanderbilt skipping combine

But still considering options and working through the process, per his twitter account

Re: Jarred Vanderbilt skipping combine

That could bode well for us

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Still injured?
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Could he be the first to stay in the league and sign a max deal in 6 years with never playing a single game? Maybe that’s his goal.
    Go Cats!

I'm guessing he is physically unable to perform.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Could he be the first to stay in the league and sign a max deal in 6 years with never playing a single game? Maybe that’s his goal.
    Sit out 15 years and make the HOF

Darryl

The sad part is he plays hard so is there a change he milked his injuries? Just doesn't seem like his character.

This is not a rumor or anything being talked about, just an outlandish scenario on my part, but what if he came back, then asked to be redshirted next year? That might get a reaction, huh?

Comes back without getting surgery and sits out another 20 plus games and leaves for the NBA, now that is very possible.

If he needs surgery, I wish he would have had it done as soon as the season was over and dedicated himself to getting rehabbed. If he waits till after May 30th, he's not going to be in shape to play till mid-season.

Hench the open discussion about Vanderbilt and will he be able to truly contribute to a team that could be really good.

surgery does not always resolve all issues. Many think "having surgery" will heal all ails. that isnt always the case

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    surgery does not always resolve all issues. Many think "having surgery" will heal all ails. that isnt always the case
    If the issue is a recurring stress fracture in the same place surgery is often the only fix.

Maybe he needs replacement titanium ankles like they do knees.

The people around him are hurting his career.. this one was was easy. Go have the surgery 2 months ago and by sept he will be 100% .. now we are looking at June surgery and not ready to go till November

Are we absolutely certain he has not had the surgery?

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Can’t count on vando. Get reid or anyone. Jarred can’t be relied on and we need to field a competitive team.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Are we absolutely certain he has not had the surgery?
    Thought the same thing. It's entirely possible he has had the surgery and that's why he can't participate in the combine.

It's clear to me his Dad has done him no favors by never being open about what the injuries are and how serious they are. I think it's a mistake, but that's his right.

But the people assuming he wasn't really injured and now assuming he has postponed surgery are doing him a disservice too. We don't know. It's frustrating, but that's the way it is.

One thing I know with absolute certainty: I really want him on the team next year.

I think JV returns and UK loses PJ and Gabriel and adds travis, just based on how the winds seem to be blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Can’t count on vando. Get reid or anyone. Jarred can’t be relied on and we need to field a competitive team.
    Yep. I don't want to abandon "our guys", but someone like Travis is a proven guy who is likely to play a full season. Not so sure about JV.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Bombino

Patience grasshoppers, all will become clear in two weeks.

IMO this is all part of Cal's next evolution in recruiting. Soon we'll reach a place of transcendental recruiting, where our players don't even show up on campus. We sign them, they spend a year officially on the roster but are only here in an astral way, then go to the pros.

It's all very Eastern, and I'm excited to see it reach full fruition. We'll evolve beyond the physical limits of things like playing actual games, and can focus completely on the larger goal of getting players elevated to a professional career. It's even possible that we could find a loophole in scholarship rules in this world, and could potentially elevate dozens or perhaps hundreds of players a year to the NBA, which will no doubt have to expand to approximately 2,542 franchise teams to accommodate all our players.

Basketball Nirvana, and we're right on the cusp of it.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Smells Like....something

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    IMO this is all part of Cal's next evolution in recruiting. Soon we'll reach a place of transcendental recruiting, where our players don't even show up on campus. We sign them, they spend a year officially on the roster but are only here in an astral way, then go to the pros.

It's all very Eastern, and I'm excited to see it reach full fruition. We'll evolve beyond the physical limits of things like playing actual games, and can focus completely on the larger goal of getting players elevated to a professional career. It's even possible that we could find a loophole in scholarship rules in this world, and could potentially elevate dozens or perhaps hundreds of players a year to the NBA, which will no doubt have to expand to approximately 2,542 franchise teams to accommodate all our players.

Moises Globaly approves this message.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Yes. It's a moral imperative. Our freedom and economic system depend on it. We should kick JV to the curb and bring in someone, anyone, who can ensure we are competitive.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    It would be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If the issue is a recurring stress fracture in the same place surgery is often the only fix.
    IF that is the problem....IF is a biggest 2 letter word in the English language.

Wasn't it you that repeatedly said his HS injury and college injury were not the same and unrelated?

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    Thought the same thing. It's entirely possible he has had the surgery and that's why he can't participate in the combine.

It's clear to me his Dad has done him no favors by never being open about what the injuries are and how serious they are. I think it's a mistake, but that's his right.

But the people assuming he wasn't really injured and now assuming he has postponed surgery are doing him a disservice too. We don't know. It's frustrating, but that's the way it is.

One thing I know with absolute certainty: I really want him on the team next year.
    This reminds me a lot of the point guard who went to AZ (Parker Jackson Cartwright IIRC) who had an injury that wouldn't heal and there was some initial "lets ignore it" type stuff going on. I'm not saying that is the case or not with Jared. I don't know. But I do know sometimes surgery does not work

Sometimes surgery isn't indicated. Until you know what the issue is, rather than guessing, suggesting surgery is sort of meaningless. As for his father, I don't believe he has any obligation to be upfront and inform the fans about a health issue. That is between Jared, his family and his doctors.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-16-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post

This makes the most sense to me.

His father certainly does not have an obligation to disclose that information publicly, but he should be realistic enough to know that such silence will lead to speculation. Right or wrong, that’s what happens with public figures. Sometimes it might be better to acknowledge the issue instead of letting speculation grow, but that is the family’s choice.