Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

SEC Baseball Standings

Tournament Order, not all results in this weekend, will be updated. No tiebreakers used. Edited by putting this week's opponent in brackets.

1. Florida 20-7 [@ Miss. State]
    2. Arkansas 17-10 [@ Georgia]

3. Georgia 16-11 [Arkansas]
    3. Ole Miss 16-11 [@ Alabama]

5. South Carolina 15-12 [@ Texas A&M]
    6. LSU 14-13 [@Auburn]

7. Kentucky 13-14 [@ Vandy]
    7. Auburn 13-14 [LSU]

9. Vanderbilt 12-14 [Kentucky]
    10. Texas A&M 12-15 [South Carolina]
    10. Mississippi State 12-15 [Florida]

12. Tennessee 11-15 [@ Missouri]

13. Missouri 10-17 [Tennessee]
    14. Alabama 7-20 [Ole Miss]
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-14-2018 at 12:01 PM.

SEC Baseball Standings

Coach Mingione has begun his politicking...

@UKBaseball: As we enter the final week of the regular season, @Coach_Mingione said it best after the game on hosting an @NCAA Regional:

"We've got series wins over three Top 10 RPI teams. Not three wins, three SERIES wins. I like our chances."

Re: SEC Baseball Standings

A 16-14 SEC record will make that sale a heck of a lot easier
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Unforgettable

The Vandy series willbe tough. Their freshmen are maturing
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The Vandy series willbe tough. Their freshmen are maturing
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

SEC Baseball Standings

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    A 16-14 SEC record will make that sale a heck of a lot easier
    Hard to imagine sweeping Vandy in Nashville, but if they do, it would be 6-1 the last two weeks with wins over a challenger to host (Indiana), sweeping a traditional baseball power in Vanderbilt on the road, and winning the last two series. Headed to the SEC tournament that would be some momentum, provided we don't lose on day 1.

SEC Baseball Standings

Just an obvious note, but losing yesterday pretty much eliminated any hope of a top four seed in the SEC tournament.

That may not be all bad.

Either Kentucky will win in Game 1 in the SEC tournament, and have a chance to make a run to the weekend and improve standings and NCAA seed - or lose Game 1, and rest everybody and let everyone heal up as we prepare to travel.

Unforgettable

A pretty good team is going to miss the SEC Tourney. Hope it isn’t UK.
    Real Fan since 1958

A pretty good team is going to miss the SEC Tourney. Hope it isn’t UK.
    I think UK is OK.

Alabama can't catch them. Missouri can only tie them if they go 3-0 this weekend and Kentucky goes 0-3, and then we win the head-to-head tiebreaker.

I haven't run through all the permutations, but I think we're in.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think UK is OK.

Alabama can't catch them. Missouri can only tie them if they go 3-0 this weekend and Kentucky goes 0-3, and then we win the head-to-head tiebreaker.

I haven't run through all the permutations, but I think we're in.
    no chance for a three way tie with MU?
    Real Fan since 1958

no chance for a three way tie with MU?
    I think there's a chance for a two-way tie, a three-way tie, a four-way tie, and even a five-way tie.

If Texas A&M went 1-2, Kentucky went 0-3, Auburn went 0-3, Missouri went 3-0, and Miss. State went 1-2, we'd have a 5-way tie at 13-17.

(Texas A&M plays South Carolina; Kentucky plays Vandy; Auburn plays LSU, Missouri plays Tennessee, and Miss. State plays Florida--so yes, we could actually have a 5-way tie.)

I don't think there's a permutation that would keep us out, but there could be. The SEC tiebreaker for a three-team (or more) tie is used until it gets down to two teams, then the two-team tiebreaker is used. Kentucky won the series vs Missouri, and won the series vs Miss. State, and won the series vs Auburn so we'd win any two-team tiebreaker with any team except Texas A&M.

For Texas A&M, we didn't play them this year, so we can't use head to head. We were fortunate that we won the right series otherwise. Against Texas A&M, the 2nd tiebreaker is divisional opponents--we're not, so we'd have to go to the 3rd tiebreaker (or 4th, since there are two parts to the 3rd).

The 4th tiebreaker would be the W/L record of the two teams vs the # 1 seed using common opponents, proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if needed. Then a coin flip if still tied.

Florida will be the # 1 seed, unless it's Arkansas, but it won't matter, as both A&M and Kentucky went 1-2 vs Florida.

The # 2 seed is still up for grabs, but currently Arkansas. We went 0-3 against Arkansas, which is kinda scary, but guess who else went 0-3 vs Arkansas? Yup, A&M was swept, too.

The # 3 seed...heck, could be several. Let's take a quick look at UGA, Ole Miss and South Carolina to see how that plays out.

UK vs UGA: 2-1
    A&M vs UGA: 1-2

We win that.

UK v Ole Miss: N/A, so doesn't matter

UK v South Carolina: 2-1
    A&M v South Carolina: TBD--that's their opponent this weekend. But for A&M to tie, they'd have to go 1-2 vs South Carolina, so we'd win this tiebreaker, too.

I don't think there's any permutation that can keep Kentucky out. (I'm not even sure that the multi-team tiebreakers could result in a two-team tie with A&M and Kentucky, but that's the only one where there wasn't a head-to-head result, so I wanted to check it.)

A game 3 win yesterday would have made this much easier to figure....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    A game 3 win yesterday would have made this much easier to figure....
    Not really. We'd then be trying to figure if Kentucky had a shot at a top four seed and running those permutations .

At Vandy is going to be tough I could see an 0-3 weekend just do not have a good feel for this team.
    It's like all the focus was trying to get to another super or the world series when they forgot the season was the most important part. I say that because in a lot of interviews or articles I have read that is all the talk getting to another super and winning.
    The senior/Junior leadership just seems to be lacking also.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You