Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Name The ONE Type Of Accomplishment UK's Done Which Makes Us Greatest Program Ever

Read this on CI. My thoughts are this: The NCAA lists the decade's winningest programs (by W/L pct) since 19030-39. That is 9 decades. UK has finished in the top 10 EIGHT times. NO OTHER program is even close to this. UK by the decades:

1930-39 #2

1940-49 #1

1950-59 #1

1960-69 #5

1970-79 #5

1980-89 #9

1990-99 #2

2000-09 #18

2010-18 #3

Incredible....

Darryl

Re: Name The ONE Type Of Accomplishment UK's Done Which Makes Us Greatest Program Eve

I like having 5 different coaches who have national championships is impressive.

Re: Name The ONE Type Of Accomplishment UK's Done Which Makes Us Greatest Program Eve

To me, it's simple. The ability to always get back on top when knocked down or going through change. The program is bigger than any coach, any rules, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I like having 5 different coaches who have national championships is impressive.

Agree. This is where we stand out.

Winning percentage.

Only two other programs would have potential arguments and BOTH are significantly behind in the lesser talked about part of the equation... least amount of LOSSES.

UK is uncatchable in this metric IMO.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Longevity

I'm a fan. I'm really hard to please, so that says a TON about the program.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

But this was supposed to be GOOD accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm a fan. I'm really hard to please, so that says a TON about the program.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    But this was supposed to be GOOD accomplishments.
    Oh sorry, I misread. I live by the mantra that I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would want me as a member.

All time wins

My serious answer is win percentage and 5 coaches winning titles. More than any other program, UK is the thing, not the coach that was there for a stretch.

Are the pieces there to keep the tradition going for another generation or two? It's up to the fans, no?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Seriously nobody remembers draft night? Can’t believe that hasn’t been brought up.
    Go Cats!

Name The ONE Type Of Accomplishment UK's Done Which Makes Us Greatest Program Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My serious answer is win percentage and 5 coaches winning titles. More than any other program, UK is the thing, not the coach that was there for a stretch.
    My answer as well, but Darryl's top 10 in 8 decades goes hand in hand with this.

Believe win percentage is a better accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    All time wins
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Yes the consistency through the decades is very impressive.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Seriously nobody remembers draft night? Can’t believe that hasn’t been brought up.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

If someone ax me who leads in all time football wins I answer Michigan not percentage feels

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    If someone ax me who leads in all time football wins I answer Michigan not percentage feels
    That's a different question. If someone asks me what Kentucky's most significant achievement is, I say all-time wins. If they ask me what makes us the greatest program ever, it's the winning percentage. Winning more games in fewer opportunities means that we're better than everybody else, and significantly so.

We had it before you, we had it during you, we will have it after youre gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    That is so, so good.

23 Championships in a row!
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

Winning percentage.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

All time wins and winning percentage are the two for me. Those are treasured and sacred.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017