Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 30A update

30A update

The good: Air Force armament museum in Ft Walton/Eglin AFB. Stewbys in Ft Walton off Racetrack Rd. The beach 200 yards away from where I’m staying. Bicycling trails along 30A and thru forest and Topsail park

The bad: Goatfeathers. The new specially bad: Women my age with alottaworkdone. The state park with the mansion on whatchmacallit bay.

The Okay: Great Southern Cafe in the Truman Show town. (Seaside)

The coffeehouse is on for blues night tomorrow night. Looking promising.
    Last edited by bigsky; 05-07-2018 at 07:58 AM.

30A update

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The good: Air Force armament museum in Ft Walton/Eglin AFB. Stewbys in Fr Walton off Racetrack Rd. Great Southern Cafe in the Truman Show town. (Seaside). The beach 200 yards away. Bicycling trails along 30A and thru forest and Topsail park

The bad: Goatfeathers. The new specially bad: Women my age with alottaworkdone. The state park with the mansion on whatchmacallit bay.

The coffeehouse is on for blues night tomorrow night. Looking promising.
    Hope you are having a good time!

Rupp's Runt

30A update

Just hit me that my in-laws are there. They actually tried Navarre (sp?) Beach this time. They seem to really like it also. I'd guess it is on par with the rest of that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

30A update

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Just hit me that my in-laws are there. They actually tried Navarre (sp?) Beach this time. They seem to really like it also. I'd guess it is on par with the rest of that area.

Navarre is really on the Pensacola Beach side, and is even more quiet, KentuckyWildcat. It's even farther from commercial areas. Its probably an hour and a half away from bigsky, as you have to go to through Destin to get there. It's technically Santa Rosa Island, as opposed to Santa Rosa Beach. It's all confusing, but it's all good.

We (including four other families) rented a 12-bedroom house one summer at Navarre. We had 32 people there, on and off. We created our own entertainment, to say the least. I didn't say it was always good. Part comedy, part drama, part tragedy lol.

30A update

This probably isn't going to show up very well, I'm on my phone and trying to grab a map is hit or miss.

Just behind Miramar Beach is a small green area. That's Topsail Preserve. Bigsky is close to that, maybe 3-5 miles to the East? I'm probably off, but it's close.

To the West you see Destin, then Fort Walton, and as far West as that map goes, you see Navarre.

30A update

OK, here's a better map. I was off a bit on the time. It really is less than an hour and a half to Seaside, which is a little east of where Big Sky currently is, but I swear, it takes near about an hour to get through Sandestin, Destin and Fort Walton by itself.

But this map shows the relation between Navarre and Pensacola Beach. Pensacola Beach is more commercial, but the closer you get to Navarre end of Pensacola Beach the less commercial it is. We like the very end of it, with our favorite Resort being Portofino, although their prices rarely like me. We have to get a deal to go there.

After Portofino there is literally nothing for maybe 10 miles until you reach Navarre. At Navarre they have literally nothing, other than a few condos and beach houses and such. It is blissfully quiet there. I'm sure you can find some restaurants and such in town, as small as it is, but there is none of the trappings that you will find in Destin, Panama City, Pensacola, Etc.

Rupp's Runt

30A update

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Navarre is really on the Pensacola Beach side, and is even more quiet, KentuckyWildcat. It's even farther from commercial areas. Its probably an hour and a half away from bigsky, as you have to go to through Destin to get there. It's technically Santa Rosa Island, as opposed to Santa Rosa Beach. It's all confusing, but it's all good.

We (including four other families) rented a 12-bedroom house one summer at Navarre. We had 32 people there, on and off. We created our own entertainment, to say the least. I didn't say it was always good. Part comedy, part drama, part tragedy lol.
    Ah yes. They have been staying in Santa Rosa. Was looking at Navarre and place east of Santa Rosa this year. I was thinking they chose the place east of there but she said they were in Navarre.

Her family likes to rent big houses. I refuse. And she is normally thankful I'm stubborn on this issue.

Re: 30A update

I am riding bike a lot. Tryin the fish bites from the beach today. The Truman show town was creepy.

30A update

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

If that’s not confusing enough, we’ve stayed at Ft Walton beach before. Okaloosa Island is an area on Santa Rosa Island.

There is a fruit stand on the stretch between Destin and Ft Walton. It sits on the military base on the side of the rode basically at the end of a runway, best watermelons I’ve ever had. We got them from there two years in a row to see if the first year was a fluke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

30A update

I am riding bike a lot. Tryin the fish bites from the beach today. The Truman show town was creepy.
    When you get a chance, tell us about the Truman show thing. Creepy and weird is not necessarily bad for weirdos like me.

The food trucks during the evening at Seagrove Beach....to die for

Rupp's Runt

30A update

The one thing I wanted to do...also the one thing I did not get to do....

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    The one thing I wanted to do...also the one thing I did not get to do....

Remember back when it was sex on the beach?
    And not the accidental kind...of which I'm admitting nothing.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

30A update

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Remember back when it was sex on the beach?
    And not the accidental kind...of which I'm admitting nothing.
    Ha. I meant to quote the food truck post. Not sure what happened.

But I still want to do that also...but a family trip kills that mood. Plus the dad bod doesn't work on 21 year olds...

Blooz jam nite at 30A Songwriter Radio. Open mic wiyh a theme and drummer.

“Fish bites” and pompano rigs worked for 2 pompano, many ladyfish. Should have cut up a lady fish and flung that out on the 2nd pole will do that tonite.

Riding big steel fat tired bicycle 8-14 miles a day. It is not a recipe for weight loss because my fuel is fried seafood washed down with Hendricks and grapefruit.
    Last edited by bigsky; 05-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Fab Five

“Fish bites” and pompano rigs worked for 2 pompano, many ladyfish. Should have cut up a lady fish and flung that out on the 2nd pole will do that tonite.

Riding big steel fat tired bicycle 8-14 miles a day. It is not a recipe for weight loss because my fuel is fried seafood washed down with Hendricks and grapefruit.
    It’s not about losing weight. It’s about your swim trunks having a looser fit.
    Real Fan since 1958