Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Tough day yesterday

Tough day yesterday

Had to put our dog of almost 9 years to rest about this time yesterday. Talk about something being way tougher on me and the wife than expected, it was a hard day. I left for work and for some reason she decided to chase my car, heard her barking at me and thought that’s odd so I turned to look and didn’t see her so I thought well I guess she didn’t catch up...then I felt her w the back tire. Picked her up off the road I could tell her arm was broken really high up so knew it was gonna be tough for her to make it. Then saw where it looked like the tire had gone across her chest and ugh I can’t hardly type it. She hung in there tough got her to the vet and she did x rays and sAid it was a lung contusion but no internal bleeding and she may make it but would have to go to an ortho surgeon. An hour later they texted back and said she was bleeding internally and breathing more shallow and said we could take her to icu in Nashville. I called a good friend that’s a vet and said give me the best decision here and she said y’all gotta let her go. So my wife and I went down and talked to her one last time as they put her down easy. Boy that was tough, I can’t type it without getting upset. She was such a good dog. English bulldog, LILLY, who grew up w my kids. Hardest part was having to tell the kids and watch their reaction. We came home and found a spot under a tree in the back yard and I got everything ready. Before we put her in there we decided to go get the kids out of school so they could say their goodbyes even though she was wrapped in a blanket it was good for them. We all lifted her in there and said a few last words to her and they helped me cover her up. Rest of the day was just one long foggy feeling. Keep finding myself hearing or thinking I see her in her normal spots in the house, it’s weird. We will be fine and it’s part of life but never thought losing a dog would be like this, so I can’t imagine losing a child. Anyways, wanted to share with my folks here to get it off my chest. I feel some guilt that I didn’t stop to make sure she wasn’t under my tire because she has done that w the mower and four wheeler some but never the car. It happened so fast. Hard to get it out of my head how it went down. She was a good friend and we are really going to miss her. Rest In Peace Lilly.
    Go Cats!

Re: Tough day yesterday

Go Cats!

Go Cats!

Tough day yesterday

I am so very sorry.

😭😭😭

I’m sorry. Dogs are so, so wonderful.

My brother’s family has had 2 similar experiences the last couple of years, but with younger dogs. It’sjust a rotten feeling

My condolences

I’m sorry. Imagine her life without the love you’ve given her these many years

She was blessed. And this Christian is 100% certain we see our friends again one day

Comfort each other with that hope. God bless you guys
    Last edited by kingcat; 05-02-2018 at 01:30 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I’m sorry. Imagine her life without the love you’ve given her these many years

She was blessed. And this Christian is 100% certain we see our friends again one day

Comfort each other with that hope. God bless you guys
    My son we adopted from China a few years ago has dealt with it better than the rest of us, probably because he wasn't as attached but also because he's probably dealt with a lot more than we have in our lives. He said, "it was just an accident, and those things happen", and also said "its ok we will see her again one day in heaven". Just hearing him say that was pretty cool, and I sure hope he's right. If you've never had a dog/pet for a long time its hard to relate to this I suppose. Appreciate the kind words guys.
    Go Cats!

Tough day yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    My son we adopted from China a few years ago has dealt with it better than the rest of us, probably because he wasn't as attached but also because he's probably dealt with a lot more than we have in our lives. He said, "it was just an accident, and those things happen", and also said "its ok we will see her again one day in heaven". Just hearing him say that was pretty cool, and I sure hope he's right. If you've never had a dog/pet for a long time its hard to relate to this I suppose. Appreciate the kind words guys.
    How wonderful that your son is giving back so much. I love that kid and don't even know him. God bless you all.

It breaks the heart when we lose a loyal companion. So sorry, and yeah I like to think we'll get to reconnect on the other side.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

So sorry to hear this. I know how badly it hurts, went through this with one of my dogs recently.
    They have their own personality traits, just like we do, and even though they are not human, we tend to look at them like that. They become loved and valued members of our families.
    Again, so sorry for your loss.
    And yes, I too believe that we will be reconnected on the "other side" in the next life.

I deal with this pretty much every day and sometimes it's real hard. I have some clients I have to tell "you can't make the vet cry" and its does not always work. But there really isnt anything that says you care than to spare them suffering.

And as a bulldog owner, you have my sympathies. ONLY a bully owner would understand what a unique and special dog they are. Their is no breed with their personality and quirks.....or problems and expenses. Gibson is our fourth, and when he passes we will have a fifth
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Man that's a tough one. So sorry for your loss.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I deal with this pretty much every day and sometimes it's real hard. I have some clients I have to tell "you can't make the vet cry" and its does not always work. But there really isnt anything that says you care than to spare them suffering.

And as a bulldog owner, you have my sympathies. ONLY a bully owner would understand what a unique and special dog they are. Their is no breed with their personality and quirks.....or problems and expenses. Gibson is our fourth, and when he passes we will have a fifth
    Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the story Doc and yes bullies are pretty dang unique. They are a perfect fit for our family and if we get another dog it’ll likely be a bully. It’s so odd they are so much alike because I have watched videos online over the years and they all seem to have the same mannerisms even in their movements. She was a dandy.
    Go Cats!