Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Redneck Riviera suggestions (Emerald Coast)

I am tired of the snow and being stuck in town waiting for legal questions to resolve. So I’m flying out tomorrow to land at the Pansma City airport. Gonna hang out for nine daze on Santa Rosa Beach . Staying in an air bnb. Ride their bikes. Walk the beach. Wet a line. Going as cheap as air and lodging allow but have a few bucks hoping for music and other entertainments.

You have any guidance, please let me know.
    Last edited by bigsky; 05-01-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Unforgettable

Re: The Redneck Riviera

Yes, have fun and don't act your age

Rupp's Runt

The Redneck Riviera

Spent a few days there. Can't offer much help. Pretty area and emerald but clear water when I was there.

There are some food trucks there. I wanted to try those out but never had the chance. Let me know if you get to try them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: The Redneck Riviera

Surely you've come to the right place. We have many members who vacation in that area, and we're up to our eyeballs in rednecks.

Sorry, was thinking of my family dinners re the rednecks thing...
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The Redneck Riviera

Hunts Seafood, hole in wall in the older part of PC, reasonably priced fresh shucked oysters, and huge portions of seafood. (Seafood platter grilled/broiled) I couldn’t eat all of it. I referenced grilled or broiled just cuz I try to stay away from fried... fried looked good.

Uncle Earnie’s in the same area is a great place to sit on the deck and watch the sunset... good food, good service, great view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Redneck Riviera suggestions (Emerald Coast)

I'm not good with it, bigsky...Mick would be terrific here. He knows all the spots.

I go there and vegetate for the most part. Stay in the condo, go to the beach, cook out, eat sub sandwiches, relax. But I love Santa Rosa Beach; it's my favorite spot.

Might want to see about going to Sally's Backside if you get a chance. That's owned by the mom of a guy you may have met at some point; I know you used to see on the board, "KingSeve," a young man who used to post here. Nice guy, and super golfer.

I'm not sure, but I think you go through Sally's by the Seashore to get to Sally's Backside. Kentucky connection, and sounds like a cool hangout to have a brew and listen to music.

But ask Mick. I may be way off here now. I talked with "KingSeve" a couple of years ago; he and his wife are real estate brokers and did a great job for a client of mine.

I used to stay in Santa Rosa at a place called Gulf Place. During the summer--and it may have started by now, I don't know--they have a weekly outdoor free concert there. There's a pizza place on the Gulf Place hotel thing (they have condos and a small hotel) on the 2nd floor, and have an outdoor patio overlooking it. We grabbed a pitcher and a pizza and had a great time at the concert.

But I'm not the music guy, or the restaurant guy. I'm the guy that shuts down at the beach.

Re: Redneck Riviera suggestions (Emerald Coast)

Thanks Darrell