Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ormond Beach

Rupp's Runt

Ormond Beach

We are looking at going to Ormond Beach so we are fairly close to Orlando to drive over a day or two. I know Daytona is not what it used to be. How far north of Daytona do we need to stay?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Ormond Beach

My oldest daughter and her kids visited and stayed in Ormond Beach a couple of years ago. They stayed right on the beach, but Daytona was only about 15-20 minutes away.
    I've only been there that one time, but it seemed to be pretty nice.
    Not sure if that even remotely helps, just relaying what little I know. 😉

From what I've been told, Daytona is much improved. Although I had not seen it in twenty five years until a couple of years ago. It seemed like the exciting Daytona of old to me.

That said I like Ormond beach as they seemingly run together anyway. Just a little less hustle and bustle.

Donna and I went on a tight budget with my daughter and son in law, along with the four young grand kids two years ago. Loved the location and the quick drive South to Daytona's boardwalk.
    Stayed at the Casa Del Sol with an Ocean View and enjoyed it immensely. A slightly older facility but served our needs adequately.

A nice clean pool and easy beach access. A pretty good breakfast too.

If you've never been, be sure to visit the Angell and Phelps Chocolate Factory in Daytona and try the chocolate covered chips, bacon strips, or whatever. Take the tour and get a sample..the kids loved it.

I prefer the beach in Ormond but we did spend a day on Daytona's sand too.

Last edited by kingcat; 04-30-2018 at 08:47 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

We probably went to Daytona for 15 years. Have not been since I was 20. I'm 38 now.

We loved the big beach and strong waves as a group of boys. So fun to play on and the ice cream truck was the best part of the day. Many many fond memories there.

I know my wife won't like Daytona. To commercialized for her. She grew up going to Gulf Shores when there was only a few condos. But I hope it is restoring itself. I've not heard the best things the last several years. I would hate to go back and be disappointed.

I'm guessing any place north of the boardwalk will be nice.

My wife had gone to Daytona when it was at its worst.

She was shocked at how it has been restored. We enjoyed the Boardwalk. And with our young grand kids, were entirely comfortable in our surroundings.
    You might check the entertainment schedule at the Daytona Beach Band Shell (amphitheatre). We happened on some nice classic rock sounds when we were there. Cant recal the group.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Can't be of help on this one, but curious to read the posts. Last time I was at Daytona I didn't have good memories, but that was about 40 years ago. I go to the west coast when I get to Florida or the Keys, just haven't gotten to the other side.

I'll be curious to see what folks say about that area.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.