Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:19 am. Struggled for awhile, but might as well give up and get up.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Great now I want peach ice cream...1:11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I've done some better lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Absolutely wired right now and no idea why. Have not had any caffeine since this morning (err, yesterday morning). No medicines other than a baby aspirin I take daily. Just wide awake.

1:24 am CT and counting. Also placed phone on night mode which is supposed to limit blue light, and haven't been on phone any more than normal. Ran 3.5 miles at 5pm today, replenished hydration, ate spaghetti tonight, normal amount. Had some pretzel chips afterward. No clue.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-15-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

2:27. Watching episode 1 of Season 2 of Better call Saul.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Hoping 3:01 will be the start of a decent nap!

If not, there's always episode 2 of Better call Saul.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Nap time over, 6:55. Thinking maybe a lunch nap.

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Great day to be on hold with IRS for 45 minutes....

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hoping 3:01 will be the start of a decent nap!

If not, there's always episode 2 of Better call Saul.
    When I’m up in the middle of the night, I try not to watch anything action packed. I usually play something from PBS that I have on the DVR.... something I don’t need to watch and can listen too...

World War 1 or WW II documentaries or something, close my eyes and listen, kind of like a bedtime story.

I usually don’t make it past Hitler invading Poland...Or the decline of the Ottoman Empire.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    When I’m up in the middle of the night, I try not to watch anything action packed. I usually play something from PBS that I have on the DVR.... something I don’t need to watch and can listen too...

World War 1 or WW II documentaries or something, close my eyes and listen, kind of like a bedtime story.

I usually don’t make it past Hitler invading Poland...Or the decline of the Ottoman Empire.

Probably a good idea. I know this, I don't think I'm going to have any difficulty tonight.

Probably a good idea. I know this, I don't think I'm going to have any difficulty tonight.
    I thought wrong .

Wife and daughter on way back tonight from Atlanta. Will be getting in in about an hour. Might as well stay up.

Rupp's Runt

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Tell them hello for me...

finally decided to get up after laying in bed awake for an hour
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Awake but thinking I'll try to go back to sleep unless daughter needs a ride to work. First appointment today isn't until 10.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Okay, change of plans. Have to drive daughter's car to her work and back. Looks like it's just going to be another day with insufficient sleep. Maybe a lunch nap. I always say that, but literally never do.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Shoot! Sounds like I missed the party.

Dodgers kept me up until 2:00 with a 12 inning affair.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Fortunately, I had a meeting this morning that did not require too much mental acuity, and an eye doctor's appointment this afternoon. Probably a good day to be exhausted.

1:30AM, fighting a migraine. Stewing all day. Had an "altercation" with some old battleaxe while playing golf today. Called the golf pro on me for "cutting" when I actually skipped a hole to jump a foursome and came back to play it. The thing is I ended up playing that hole exactly when I should have according to my tee time (I was scheduled to tee off just before her). I was a solo, played quick and caught the foursome in front of me, skipped the hole so they wouldnt feel rushed and the came back. Waited for a break to hop and play that one hole. The twosome behind didnt putt the green simple to confront me and called the pro. I explained to him but it ate at me all day and poof.....migraine. So pills and bed at 8:00 which means I'm awake at 1:30. Probably a good thing. Have a house showing tomorrow. This so we can sell our old house, move into the new house in the golf community with the lovely neighbors! I haven't even moved in and I hate the neighborhood to the point I really believe we are going to sell the new house before we move in. will probably just eat the money we sunk in the bath, kitchen, garage doors, landscaping and realtor fees rather than live with these miserable people
    Last edited by Doc; 08-18-2018 at 02:36 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Just finished watching "Ray". Great movie. Still believe it should have won the Academy Award for best picture

ans just finish the remake of Flight of the Phoenix.. The original was so much better

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    1:30AM, fighting a migraine. Stewing all day. Had an "altercation" with some old battleaxe while playing golf today. Called the golf pro on me for "cutting" when I actually skipped a hole to jump a foursome and came back to play it. The thing is I ended up playing that hole exactly when I should have according to my tee time (I was scheduled to tee off just before her). I was a solo, played quick and caught the foursome in front of me, skipped the hole so they wouldnt feel rushed and the came back. Waited for a break to hop and play that one hole. The twosome behind didnt putt the green simple to confront me and called the pro. I explained to him but it ate at me all day and poof.....migraine. So pills and bed at 8:00 which means I'm awake at 1:30. Probably a good thing. Have a house showing tomorrow. This so we can sell our old house, move into the new house in the golf community with the lovely neighbors! I haven't even moved in and I hate the neighborhood to the point I really believe we are going to sell the new house before we move in. will probably just eat the money we sunk in the bath, kitchen, garage doors, landscaping and realtor fees rather than live with these miserable people
    Man, you can't catch a break!

Man, you can't catch a break!
    The HOA we currently live under isnt bad. Been in this house 15 years and never had a single issue. Maybe got one letter about a visible trah can.... but had pbms with the golf course we live one (it was sold, abandoned, became an eye sore...but is now reopened so my home value increased) and the company that provides security (the HOA sued them so thwy inactivated our barcodes..plus they called the sherrif on Tommy, the kid who had lived with us for 5 years but they wouldnt issue a bar code for because he didnt own the home or was a family member. Came home after work at 2 am and didnt have his ID so they would not let him in the development. He got pissed so they called the sherriff. He just tried to get on with the sherriff and got rejected because of that). But the new place, its ridiculous. Last week somebody went into my garage to see what construction we were doing. They have mobile speed guns hidden in the neighborhood. its a violation to pass a golf cart that is driving on the street regardless of how fast they are going and what the speed limit is. They have people who walk the neighborhood on the afternoon of trash day to be sure your cans are up within 8 hrs after the garbageman comes. Its crazy and I'm sure I can not live like that. We havent even moved in and its stressing me to the point that Im ready to lose it with these people. They are all old rich people who think they have a right to tell you what to do guised under the "we are trying to keep our property value up".

Only reason we are moving is to downsize from an acre lot and 3300 square feet wood frame pool house (in FL where we have hurricanes and termites) to a 1/4 acre, 2800 square foot concrete block home.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-18-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

2:10 am, fortunately I can sleep in tomorrow morning.

Rupp's Runt

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Had a similar golf story. They fussed at us when it should have been the crew in front of us. Wasn't my fault they putted about 10 times.

Just got back from a weekend in Cincinnati. Hope the girls sleep tonight. If they do, I think I will.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Not insomnia, but awoke at 4:45. Not sure what to call this.

Not insomnia, but awoke at 4:45. Not sure what to call this.
    should have called me. My wife heard somebody opening our sliding glass doors at 4:30 am. Was sure somebody breaking into the house, and our dogs are not home (took to clinic this weekend b/c we had a showing of the house). Turns out it was the sprinklers hitting the direct TV dish that we just had moved to a pole on the side of the house b/c neighbors tree grew and was blocking signal. Amazing how similar water on a satellite dish sounds like a sliding glass door!

Rupp's Runt

I slept last night! Is that okay to post here? Or is that another thread?

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    should have called me. My wife heard somebody opening our sliding glass doors at 4:30 am. Was sure somebody breaking into the house, and our dogs are not home (took to clinic this weekend b/c we had a showing of the house). Turns out it was the sprinklers hitting the direct TV dish that we just had moved to a pole on the side of the house b/c neighbors tree grew and was blocking signal. Amazing how similar water on a satellite dish sounds like a sliding glass door!
    Someday I'm going to learn how to take a nap. If I could do that, since I make my own schedule anyway, it would be okay. Instead, I just muddle through the day with insufficient sleep and hope the next day is better.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I slept last night! Is that okay to post here? Or is that another thread?
    Completely and wholly unacceptable.

Rupp's Runt

Completely and wholly unacceptable.
    I promise to do worse tonight.