Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:53 CT in New Orleans.

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

6:00am sharp here. Think maybe I should go to bed. No work tomorrow, but dang a mighty.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

That's a long night. Me, I'm happy with the almost 5 hours of sleep. Well, 4.

Driving today will consist of a trip to the French Quarter in a few hours and miscellaneous trips between relatives houses within the area, so at least no major driving while fatigued!
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    6:00am sharp here. Think maybe I should go to bed. No work tomorrow, but dang a mighty.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:46. Sigh.

It's alright Mr. C., no one sleeps late on Christmas morning, especially those who have little ones.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Yeah but it's going to make that nearly 400 mile trip this afternoon a little more tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    It's alright Mr. C., no one sleeps late on Christmas morning, especially those who have little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yeah but it's going to make that nearly 400 mile trip this afternoon a little more tedious.
    You be careful...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Home. Thanks, was careful. Biggest issue was finding place to eat in route home. Sonic drive-thru took almost an hour and we were thankful for that.
    You be careful...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Back to work, which means up at 7:00ish. While off over the holidays, I’m not sure that I slept any better, or worse.

What I did get to do was sleep a little bit later, I’d still wake up at 7:00ish but I got to go back to sleep until 9:00ish, plus I was able to nap here and there.

I’ve determined that my insomnia is a direct result of that pesky job of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I've decided to not sleep as much as humanly possible. Curious how long it will take to kill me. Bet I can get caught up first. Do that and you win.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, crud.
    Looks like it is back.
    12:55 and my mind is firing on all cylinders; at the same time.
    Might as well get some reading done...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

38-38

45-38

Last edited by blueboss; 12-27-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Meh. Not quite ready for bed yet.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:31

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Daughter's plane is set to land in Birmingham at 11:56 am CT tonight. I'm drinking coffee.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Now I understand that their luggage is delayed. So we will be headed to Walmart before arriving home.

Will be a late night...

1:08 am and I have yet to fall asleep...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

And I have yet to pick up my daughter. Since they have misplaced her luggage, we will then head to Walmart to pick up some Essentials. Then head home. Will be a late evening.
    1:08 am and I have yet to fall asleep...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Howdy boys!

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Hey!

Just got home.

1:49 am CT, 2:49 ET.

ETA sleep maybe another hour?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Howdy boys!

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Headed to bed, 2:20 CT, 3:20 ET.

Fell asleep reading around 2:00 and wouldn't you know it I am wide awake again.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Hope you went back to sleep!
    Fell asleep reading around 2:00 and wouldn't you know it I am wide awake again.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I got lucky, fell asleep in the recliner, woke up and was able to go straight to bed and back asleep.

Mrs. boss and I got sucked back into Game of Thrones a few weeks back, so I’ve been binge watching here and there. Currently in the middle of season 6.

The problem with watching GOT is it is typically action packed which doesn’t help lull me to sleep.

Slept "in" until 09:00.
    Feel surprisingly good.
    Errands with Grammy on tap until game time...

sleep is not my mistress tonight. Awoke at 3:15...and finally gave up. Going to watch the UK UL replay
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Slept until 4:00 this morning and woke up all chugged up.
    Feel a sinus infection coming on...

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I've had sinus drainage for like a month now. Wreaks havoc with sleep.

I too was "chugged up" but from a different oriface. Too much Nacho's with Jalapenos
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I know this has to be a coincidence. But years ago, I used to have a bunch of sinus issues during the summer. I mean, major issues; much worse than I have now.

Put in a UV light system through the HVAC system. Purportedly, it kills a bunch of pathogens, etc. in the house. I was skeptical, but it actually was something I got thrown in when buying the new system when negotiating a price. Anyway, coincidentally, I suppose, I stopped having the sinus issues. Haven't had them for years as a chronic condition (obviously, I get them like anyone else from time to time, but nothing major).

A couple-three years ago, I started replacing the UV system myself. I actually changed the system when it broke, replaced the bulb, and my wife tells me when it needs replacing. Except when the regular HVAC guy came out, he told her it needs to be replaced every year, even if it's lighting up, and of course, he's right--it loses effectiveness (it stays on 24/7, and the lifespan is supposed to be only a year even if it is still lit.)

So ordered another bulb, replaced it this afternoon. I'll let you know in a week or two if my sinus condition is better. My house is old enough and carpet old, and four cats, and lots of other stuff that we may need it. If so, it may let me sleep; or at least, get back to my regular-irregular insomnia, instead of just all the time insomnia.