Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

History Channel has a series History’s Greatest Mysteries narrated by Lawrence Fishburne. I’ve recorded the last two episodes which are about Roswell, I find the content very interesting, but I can’t make it through 30 minutes of it without falling asleep. It has taken me forever to make it through both episodes.

I think it’s Fishburne’s voice, you might give it a try. There’s another episode on Saturday at 9:00 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

It’s going on 3:00 am ugh!! Watching golf....

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Hello darkness my old friend ~ Paul Simon

How’s everybody been sleeping? Top of the 5th out in LA, looks like I’ll be up watching for a while.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Not great. Planning on going to bed tonight in about 2 hours in the hopes of being able to sleep longer stretches.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Interestingly, I just started reading the thread over again and saw that I had a reference to an app called Twilight. I do not have that app now and had forgotten about it. I went to the Google Play Store and found it has over 10 million downloads and it is now a 4.7 star rating app. I may have to download it again.

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I go to sleep OK. I just wake up over and over and over.

Anyone else nearly always wake up 15-30 minutes prior to their alarm going off? I have a clock in my head that, if I tell myself when I have to get up, I always wake up just prior.

On vacations when I have no need to keep time and I'm relaxed, I can usually tell you the time of day within 10 minutes all day and night without looking at my watch. It's just ticking in my head and I think about it from my last known time and i'm usually that close.

I don't think that's a good thing, and I know waking up 5-6 times a night is not good.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

As most of my friends here know, I work for myself and can set my own schedule. I typically will not make any appointments before 10:00 a.m. because occasionally I will wake up at 3-4:00 a.m. or so, and be awake for 2 or 3 hours, and go back to sleep at 6 or 7:00 a.m. that gives me a couple more hours to sleep and I usually wake up fine if that's the case. It's not ideal, but I often will get up and do work when I wake up in the middle of the night, so it all works out.

When I took over the auction biz I set 10am as starting time. that lasted very few weeks b/c everyone else wants to get in and get to it early and go home. Since I wasn't going home before 9 or 10 at night anyway I didn't really care about working a little longer.

Anyway I lost. So we start at 9am. It hurts at times b/c I'm up till 1 or 2 working routinely, then wake up usually at least a couple of times for 15-20 minutes before I can get back to sleep.

FWIW those who wanted 8am also lost. I'll just go dig ditches first.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I go to sleep OK. I just wake up over and over and over.

Anyone else nearly always wake up 15-30 minutes prior to their alarm going off? I have a clock in my head that, if I tell myself when I have to get up, I always wake up just prior.

On vacations when I have no need to keep time and I'm relaxed, I can usually tell you the time of day within 10 minutes all day and night without looking at my watch. It's just ticking in my head and I think about it from my last known time and i'm usually that close.

I don't think that's a good thing, and I know waking up 5-6 times a night is not good.
    I’ve got the internal clock syndrome as well. If I have an earlier than normal start event going on I usually wake up thirty minutes before alarm.

For instance, I had to attend a conference in Indy on Wednesday that had an 8:00 start time. I set alarm for 5:00 to get up and get ready for the two hour drive to the conference location. I woke up at 4:30 thinking I didn’t want to oversleep. So then I go into semi sleep mode for next thirty minutes. Plus knowing I had to get up at five, I’m guessing the average person would go to bed earlier, my earlier was 11:30 instead of around 12:30/1:00.

I do get an hour or so of extra sleep in the recliner usually between 10:00/11:00 pm while watching a game or some other non thought provoking television.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Solaray Sleep-Blend SP-17, which I get at the Rainbow Blossom store from the hippie chic, helps turn off the mind scramble and provides light relaxation to help promote sleep.

It’s all all herbal with no melatonin additives, it has valerian root and other herbs which help promote relaxation…they seem to work pretty well but don’t actually knock you out like sleeping pills…

2:15 am 'til 4:50 am this morning. Got a lot of reading done. Now to see if I can grab a couple of quick hours before soccer this morning with my oldest great grandson...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

3:12 am… just can’t sleep.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Me and some PBS on the DVR, Nature, The Great Wildebeest Migration.