Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Man, only four hours last night... blame it on the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Well, I am currently at four hours and 15 min. of sleep. Literally turned off my TV/phone at 12:15 AM and got up out of bed at 4:30 AM. I have an eye Dr. appointment downtown at nine this morning, but I fixed a bagel to eat, and I am hoping to be able to go back to sleep sometime in the next half an hour until about 8:00 AM. That would give me another 2 1/2 hours of sleep if I could do it. Wish me luck.

Nah...still here at 6:30. Maybe I'll sleep tonight.

Who needs sleep?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who needs sleep?
    Apparently, not me.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Howdy, it’s been a while...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

4:50. Stupid cold.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

5:55. Don't think I'm going to go to work this morning.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I was up at 0400, and then again, 0600, and then finally 0630.

At the hospital with my dad while running some scheduled tests... 4-5 hours in and out of waiting rooms... weee! If these chair offered an ounce of comfort, I’m sure I would be sleeping.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Haven't had the weighted blanket long, and then caught a nasty cold. But it sure seemed to help, mainly in getting back to sleep after awakening.

Have to be careful, because it can get hot, too, though.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Hello darkness my ole friend...1:50

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Up last night “again” around 0130, woke up in recliner at 0300, back up 0700.

Half my kingdom for eight hours straight.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    ...or

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

...too funny, I posted the glass of whiskey, then read the article. Tip number 1, no night caps...

I actually don’t even drink.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    So don't drink, don't eat late, don't watch TV. I'd be really down on that article except that their first suggestion for a replacement is sex, so I'm thinking these guys may really be on to something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

BTT at 4:27 am after being up since 2:30. Not able to sleep, so will be tired as crap tomorrow/today at work. Had an epidural today so suspect that may have something to do with it. My third in the last month. Not helping a hell of a lot but then I spent the morning (before the epidural) tar/sealing my driveway. Figured I would get my moneys worth out of the procedure.

PS; I tried the drinking, had a Xmas party..had probably 4 beer flight plus a couple more pints....got me a couple hours shut eye (11:30 to 2:00)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I wanted to keep from having to get a prescription of some kind of sleep aid, so I went to the health food store. Hippie chick was trying to steer me towards a sleep blend CBD oil, but I wanted to see if I could find something a little less potent first.

Hippie chic, took me the organic sleep section and recommended an herbal blend in capsule form, valerian hops, with skull root and some other stuff. They are called blend-17. They are a medium sized capsules, that have a bit of a stinking aroma when you open the bottle, but they don’t leave any after taste when you take them.

I take one with a swig of almond milk about a half hour before I lay down, they seem to work, I’m getting 5-6 hours now instead of 3-4 hours of sleep. Aches and pains can wake me up from time to time if I’ve over done it exercising or some other physical activity where I’ve over exerted, then I just add a couple of Advil with the sleep capsule.

Go to your local Rainbow Blossom and talk to a hippie chic, she’ll get you fixed up. I still might see about CBD but I’ve been told to make sure it’s certified, there are a lot of fly by night stuff that’s popped with the recent popularity.

Did you get a nose ring while you were there?

All is well at 3:00 am at Casa Ambrose.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

5:30, would be ok but went to bed at 1 hoping to sleep late.

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

Go see the hippie chic, at Rainbow Blossom, and get yourself some SP -17 with valerian hops, skull root, and other organic herbs.

booze. You guys should really try quantities of booze.

just do it at home. Drink it at the bar and someone will step on your while you're asleep under the bar. May even wake you up.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Try this.. Get a copy of Rod Stewart's Every Picture Tells a Story and play it at a low level. You will fall asleep either during mandolin wind or reason to believe and sleep well. Back in the day I fell asleep every night listening to music, and this was the best. Especially those two songs...so peaceful.

If you need a stronger dose of music give his You're In My Heart double album a try.

Last edited by kingcat; 12-15-2019 at 09:30 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

For a while in a summer camp in high school we tried falling asleep to classical music. Some of it worked, and we loved the 1812 Overture and it worked great right up till the cannons went off.

Fab Five

Every night at bedtime my college roommate would play In A Godda Da Vida. For some reason I pretty much went straight to sleep. One speaker was about a foot and a half from my head. I believes that accounts for my poor hearing today.
    Real Fan since 1958

Insomnia/Can’t Sleep

I’d forgotten about this,but when my grandson was at the daily napping age, we found his kryptonite.

I had recorded a Tommy Emmanuel concert on PBS, which had a song called “Tenderly” on that it. Whenever that song came on it would flat knock the little man out.

I had it queued up on the recording so I could go right to it, when it was over I had it timed in my head to rewind and restart it very quickly. The longest he ever went was two and half plays before he’d go under. Often times I wouldn’t make it through the third time either...

2:08 and I just got through watching the poop show that was supposed to be a basketball game.
    Now, I am just so disgusted I can't sleep.
    Oh well, do a little bit of devotional time.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.